Sign in to follow this  

Bailey have announced an average 3. 8% increase across the pegasus and unicorn ranges effective from the 12th December.

Their press release:

"Following the post-Brexit economic uncertainty and associated turbulence in the foreign currency markets we have come under increasing price pressure from our European supplier partners and have therefore been forced to undertake a review of our current product pricing structure.

"Consequently, I am writing to confirm that from Monday 12th December 2016 all models from our current Pegasus and Unicorn touring caravan ranges will be subject to an average 3. 8% price increase."

Edited by RobJS

Why blame Brexit when we are still in the EU, and will be for some time.

Now if they cited a weakening pound they would have an argument, fact is for years Bailey have increased prices while in the EU.

Why blame Brexit?

Because that is Baileys reason for putting up their prices!

I expect UK caravan prices to rise by 10% over 2017.

Many Scots agree with me-apparently-

My dealer has sold six months of his annual allocation of Swift caravans for 2017 already!

• Like 1

Why blame Brexit?

My dealer has sold six months of his annual allocation of Swift caravans for 2017 already!

Some crystal ball that!

Scots are canny - if they thought that "English" caravans would rise in price because of Brexit, they'd defer their purchase until Scotland gains independence and rejoins the EU.

It's called INFLATION - we get it all the time!

Edited by Black Grouse
  • Like 2

Why blame Brexit?

Bailey can blame whoever they wish and it doesn't matter whether their excuse is real or not. The result is that they are another step closer to the prices of their European competitors. The vast majority of the manufacturing content is imported, so it is inevitable that Bailey and others raise their prices until the customers start buying a lot more European caravans. It is patently obvious that the UK caravan and motor caravan producers are producing very poor quality products. Their manufacturing costs are likely to be very much higher than they could be if they got to grips with it. I should think their PDI defects alone are costing more than a piffling 3. 8% of their factory cost. Why should the customers be expected to pay for this? In the industry in which I worked for over 40 years we did not pay any supplier extra for manufacturing poor quality.

• Like 3

Interesting response from Bailey. Rightly or wrongly, I thought most, if not all, manufacturers put their prices up for the next model year soon after the October NEC show. Seems Bailey are still showing their RRP as of 01. 01. 2016 so they could be hiking the prices because they didn't do it in October?

Interesting response from Bailey. Rightly or wrongly, I thought most, if not all, manufacturers put their prices up for the next model year soon after the October NEC show. Seems Bailey are still showing their RRP as of 01. 01. 2016 so they could be hiking the prices because they didn't do it in October?

Yes that is true,they put them up the Monday after last years NEC show.

Ian