Townie

Swift Recall For Rear Panel.

16 hours ago, thensum said:

Well it looks like a very small hair line crack has appeared on the rear panel offside in the area where the caps would be fitted if we'd had them done.  Booked in with our dealer for 12th Jan along with them trying to sort out the 3  front leaking windows again which let in water when towing or washing the van but never when stationary in heavy rain thankfully.

In the mean time a small piece of waterproof duct tape has been placed over the crack as we go away in the caravan for 8 nights for  Christmas in the Cotswolds.

So if we see a swift at Moreton in Marsh with duct tape on it, we will know it is you?  :D

I got crack on one side of my rear panel and the caps were fitted. ....I took the van back to the dealership a couple of weeks later having spotted a brownish stain on the rear of the washroom ceiling. ...they confirmed that damp was present and carried out a warranty repair to the ceiling. ..the quality of the ceiling repair was pathetic so I forwarded photos of it to Swift who agreed with me and as a result took the van back to the factory in October 2017 and fitted a new back panel

On 19/12/2018 at 14:32, Durbanite said:

So if we see a swift at Moreton in Marsh with duct tape on it, we will know it is you?  :D

He-he, it was actually Cirencester CMC site we stayed at, luckily we had great weather too for Christmas 😄