Sign in to follow this  
Bob From Dunstable

Isabella Wheel Arch Cover

I have just purchased an Isabella wheel arch cover designed to fit a 2015 Bailey single axle alutec.

I have a Kampa Air Ace 400 awning.

The wheel arch cover has a beading along it`s bottom edge which looks as though it would fit into an awning rail. Is it possible to buy a moulding, like two back to back awning rails, to neatly join the top of the awning skirt to the bottom edge of the wheel arch cover ?

Haven`t asked the supplier yet as I know some of you will have the answer or possibly a better way of forming a neat join.

Bob

Hi Bob

You need to buy something called a `figure of eight` all decent caravan shops will keep it, it is to marry your draught skirt to the wheel arch cover in the absence of a track across the wheel arch

Steve

Have you not got a figure of 8 strip to join it to your draft strip as intended?

These figure of 8 strips are usually supplied with your original awning skirt and wheel arch cover - are you sure you don't already have this?

These figure of 8 strips are usually supplied with your original awning skirt and wheel arch cover - are you sure you don't already have this?

We have never had one supplied with any awning we have bought so must be unlucky. ;)

I got one with my Ventura porch awning

Thank you very much everybody for your very prompt and helpful replies. It`s priceless to have a team of experts on hand to help you out with pretty much anything to do with caravans.

No, I have never had a "figure of eight" supplied with any of our awnings but now that you have told me what is required it rings a distant bell, and believe me the bells are getting more and more distant !

I shall invest in one forthwith.

Thanks again,

Bob

• Like 1

Best harden up those fingers too Bob - getting the wheel arch cover into the strip on the wheelarch can be a bit of a challenge. We used to use a small plastic spatula to open up the channel as we fed the cover in. It does go in easier if the sun is on the side of the van and has softened the plastic first though.

We ordered the Isabela wheel arch cover for a twin axle on Sunday from a company called Penrose Touring. The courier collected it on Tuesday morning from Penrose Touring and it has not moved since. It has not been sent onto the delivery depot. The courier is Hermes and Googling them they have very poor reviews and also seem to lsoe parcels. I think I am going to cancel and get a refund.

Sorry to hear of your delay - hopefully a one-off glitch

By contrast I ordered a similar item from Penrose earlier this year and it arrived in record time. ...maybe worth getting Penrose involved in chasing the courier?

Sorry to hear of your delay - hopefully a one-off glitch

By contrast I ordered a similar item from Penrose earlier this year and it arrived in record time. ...maybe worth getting Penrose involved in chasing the courier?

Thanks. I have contacted Penrose and accept that it is not their fault, but the fault of the rubbish courier that they use. IMHO Hermes have lost the parcel otherwise the status woudl have changed after 4 days. Penrose have offered a refund of £5 which is very nice of them considering it is not really their fault for the delay.

• Like 1