Sign in to follow this  
Glen and Les

Made Up The Beds For The Last Time!

Well, as the heading says, last night was probably the last time I made up beds in our cherished VIP 520/4, as we are unlikely to get out again before we take delivery of our new single bed Pastiche in January. It's been an emotional trip this time, as we really love this van, but situations change (like the arrival of a GrandDaughter) and a new layout beckons. Time to start getting excited about the new van, but meanwhile I have a little distraction - thinking about what to take on our Caribbean Cruise in a few weeks! Then it will be Christmas, then hopefully we'll know when the new van will arrive.

That's the next 3 months taken care of!

• Like 8

Oh how I will miss that caravan. .. :(

• Like 3

Oh how I will miss that caravan. .. :(

I will introduce you to the new one once I know when it will arrive!

• Like 1

Good luck with the new Caravan. I have got to wait until April for my new Lexon 570. Never waited more than about a month before. That's Christmas, Easter and Bournemouth staying in the premiership before I get it.

Andrew

• Like 1

We are going the other way round . ... used our fixed bed for the last time last night. Going back to a 2 berth.

It was due to be built last week and friendly dealer advises me they have been invoiced for it so should be here soonish.

We will miss our Challenger SE . ... been a top 'van, 3 years, something like 270 nights use, no faults whatsoever!

We will be out with the new one asap.

• Like 1

Enjoy Glen :) you'll just love your fixed beds ! We'll be using our fixed beds for the last time a week today. ...forever ;)

• Like 1

It is indeed a lovely van but a new one awaits you with new adventures. Roll on 2017!

• Like 1

Enjoy Glen :) you'll just love your fixed beds ! We'll be using our fixed beds for the last time a week today. ...forever ;)

. .........but many happy hols of other types to look forward to. ........... xx

Lifes hell for some people!! While you're sunning yourself in the Caribbean, just think of me and my Mrs shivering in the Canaries with our great niece and nephew!!!

As I said, lifes hell!!!

Mike :D:D:D

• Like 1

We changed from a Coachman Pastiche 460/2 to a Swift Challenger Sport 524. Two reasons for the change were that we wanted the dinette facility; and the circular shower in the Coachman was ridiculously too tight. But I think we lost out on quality.

SWMBO has been hankering after a van with twin fixed beds to the rear - just before the washroom. I have resisted this for several reasons. (a) I like the long settees, which we use as twin beds, and Duvalays for the bedding. (B) I won't give up the dinette. © I can't see the point in having a permanent bed(s) and lose all that available daytime living space - important when the weather is bad and there's not really anywhere you wish to go, and if you have visitors in for coffee and a chat at times when the awning isn't erected.

As I pointed out to her, this bedding takes little time to unroll/roll up, is very comfortable, and the short burst of energy is good exercise. Think I'm on a winning streak at the moment! ;)

Fixed beds are great, we would not go back to fighting with cushions etc! The proper mattress is very comfortable ! Enjoy your new toy.

We are waiting for our new toy, a Hyundai Santa Fe it should be here this week or early next,its got all the toys!

• Like 1

We've gone make up, fixed, make up, fixed and fixed over past 12 years . That's Abbey, Abbey, Bailey, Bailey and Coachman. ..

Malc'

• Like 1

We've gone make up, fixed, make up, fixed and fixed over past 12 years . That's Abbey, Abbey, Bailey, Bailey and Coachman. ..

Malc'

I take that you do not have "staff ?" :D

• Like 1

Friends of ours have a large Bailey with fixed beds. I was surprised how cramped the remaining living area was, and the washroom was small compared to ours. The small amount of kitchen surface area made everything look cluttered. Everyone to his own, of course, but the situation wouldn't suit me.

We changed from a Coachman Pastiche 460/2 to a Swift Challenger Sport 524. Two reasons for the change were that we wanted the dinette facility; and the circular shower in the Coachman was ridiculously too tight. But I think we lost out on quality.

SWMBO has been hankering after a van with twin fixed beds to the rear - just before the washroom. I have resisted this for several reasons. (a) I like the long settees, which we use as twin beds, and Duvalays for the bedding. (B) I won't give up the dinette. © I can't see the point in having a permanent bed(s) and lose all that available daytime living space - important when the weather is bad and there's not really anywhere you wish to go, and if you have visitors in for coffee and a chat at times when the awning isn't erected.

As I pointed out to her, this bedding takes little time to unroll/roll up, is very comfortable, and the short burst of energy is good exercise. Think I'm on a winning streak at the moment! ;)

We also have Duvalays - and they will be taking pride of place on our new fixed single beds and we can also use the beds to sit on if we wish to entertain any number of people, although I think the space up front will be adequate. Surprisingly, because of the corridor between the two singles, it doesn't feel as cramped as with a double bed. Time will tell.

Good Luck, Glen & Les I was down at the dealer this afternoon with a faulty toilet, we are just back from six nights at Hunters Moon, and it was the first time we used our 520/4 as singles as I thought the seats were not long enough, but they were perfect, so we will hang onto it for a wee while longer,as we thought like you to buy a twin bed layout, also enjoy your cruise

Good Luck, Glen & Les I was down at the dealer this afternoon with a faulty toilet, we are just back from six nights at Hunters Moon, and it was the first time we used our 520/4 as singles as I thought the seats were not long enough, but they were perfect, so we will hang onto it for a wee while longer,as we thought like you to buy a twin bed layout, also enjoy your cruise

Thanks Les. Not sure if you have the sprung seats (like us) or the newer Ozio mattresses. I can certainly vouch for the sprung ones - they are 6' 3" long in our van, so guess yours are the same. The fixed beds come in at 6' 2" & 6' 0" so still plenty long enough and, at 2' 5" wide they are just an inch narrower than our current beds.

Glen.

Sign in to follow this