Sign in to follow this  
Rnclayton101

Map Assistance Please

20+ years ago, I used to holiday with my parents in the family caravan. My father had a yellow Michelin book, that had each French autroute in it. It basically had a stright line of motorway down the centre of each page. Each Junction, Aire, Peage etc were all in there. I think the junction number even gave a brief list of local/large nearest town etc.

Trying to find an up to date version of this, but cannot find anything listed in the uk. Bought Michelin 726 Grande Itineraires which is great for a visual fold out map to lay out on a table for route planning, but not what I was looking for.

Found something called "Michelin - Carte N°727 - France - Aires de services sur autoroutes - Edition 2016" on a french website, but no explanation. Not sure if this just lists the Aires.

Anybody remember the book I'm talking about? Any ideas on up to date version. I know in the age of Sat Nav etc, but when your on a long motorway journey, it's a quick reference thing for the co-driver to look at.

Thanks in advance.

PS. If this is in the wrong location, plase accept my appologies.

Edited by Rnclayton101

Yes I remember the book, Michelin #914 Atlas Autoroutier Motorway Atlas. Used to buy one every couple of years.

Regret Michelin stopped printing them several years ago. I still have the last one I bought dated 2002.

Can't help with the link you give but if it is the same as the #914 then I want one!

Tom

serching the internet for the above publication, I came across the French Amazon site which gives a brief glimps inside. not quite the same as good as the #914, but better than nothing.

See https://www. amazon. fr/Carte-service-autoroutes-France-Michelin/dp/2067192566

hope that works, not tried posting links.

Tom

• Like 1

serching the internet for the above publication, I came across the French Amazon site which gives a brief glimps inside. not quite the same as good as the #914, but better than nothing.

See https://www. amazon. fr/Carte-service-autoroutes-France-Michelin/dp/2067192566

hope that works, not tried posting links.

Tom

Looks good, I'll have to get one!

Looks good, I'll have to get one!

I will be having a good look at it, but will wait until next year for the 2017 edition.

I think the original Michelin one is better (tried to load jpg file but failed). It’s a schematic arrangement, with the Autoroute shown as two straight lines (one line for each direction). All services with what's available, and each junction with road number and direction. The distance between each junction or service is also shown.

Tom

Tom

I will be having a good look at it, but will wait until next year for the 2017 edition.

I think the original Michelin one is better (tried to load jpg file but failed). Its a schematic arrangement, with the Autoroute shown as two straight lines (one line for each direction). All services with what's available, and each junction with road number and direction. The distance between each junction or service is also shown.

Tom

Tom

Yes, I'm pretty sure that in years gone by my Dad used to have an AA handbook with similar layout for UK motorways.

I think the original Michelin one is better (tried to load jpg file but failed). It’s a schematic arrangement, with the Autoroute shown as two straight lines (one line for each direction). All services with what's available, and each junction with road number and direction. The distance between each junction or service is also shown.

Tom

Tom

Ok not really necessary, but just trying to add photo (not managed that before).

Tom

post-39104-0-61779900-1477942669_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ranger1700
  • Like 1

I remember the Michelin 914 book with some fondness. However you also have to appreciate how the Michelin "Yellow" Road Atlas has changed since the 914 was last published. All the aires and service stations are noted on the maps which I seem to recall was not the case before. They are show in two different colours so easy to tell which ones have service stations. As a result I think it tends to make the 914 a little more redundant?

David

Ok not really necessary, but just trying to add photo (not managed that before).

Tom

Yep. That is the one I was looking for.