Sign in to follow this  
Czech connection

Trailer Training..........tow Ratio 360%!

Getting Zach (Lurcher) used to his new trailer, which means myself and wife can get out cycling more and take him with us when caravanning in the UK and next year Germany, River Moselle area.

Bike 15kg, trailer 17kg with a load weight of 40kg, dogs weight 24kg. Plated! with a max speed of 15mph on straight roads and 5mph cornering.

29944896023_11596b7956_c.jpg

29944881603_b997167be7_c.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe get Zach to sit further back and reduce nose weight.

Maybe get Zach to sit further back and reduce nose weight.

Back loaded ! to get 12kg noseweight

Will you miss the World Championships in Harrogate then amigo!

geoff

By looking at the bike's cross-bar and height of the saddle, Zach appears to be attached to Mrs CC's bike. A sensible move that would allow CC to reconnoitre ahead for a suitable pub/Gasthaus

• Like 1

What about the towing mirrors, just to keep an eye on Zach, and pleased to see a breakaway cable in place.

John.

Having just towed the dog from point a to point b, won't you then need to take it for a walk? Simpler to attach the lead to the bike and have it walk/trot/gallop beside you IMO.

Having just towed the dog from point a to point b, won't you then need to take it for a walk? Simpler to attach the lead to the bike and have it walk/trot/gallop beside you IMO.

Having had a dog like that I can from expereince say that, you would not cycle far if at all before it wanted a sleep.

This is what we use on our two bikes. It's no good for passengers but great for a quick trip for shopping or longer if needed. I've used it to transport a small petrol generator (20Kg) plus hedge trimmer and assorted hand garden tools some 30 miles without any problems. The trailer clips to a pair of modified rear wheel nuts so it has a minimal effect on the bike's stability as any lateral force is applied at axle level not the seat post as on some trailer designs.

Bike Trailer Basket - Img_3961.jpg Bike Trailer Bag - Img_3962.jpg

Mmm, don't like way trailer is connected to bike---any undue lateral forces could topple bike & rider.

Why not turn drawbar 90 degrees and attach it to seat stang-----my granddad built a trailer for me and that is how he attached it on to my bike.

Clamp round seat stang and wing bolt going through clamp and drawbar---quick & easy to attach & un attach.

Sign in to follow this