Robbie, where did you buy your stuff from?

Have a reversing camera on the Jeep (ford Ranger) and after using it had one added to our company lorry. Both are great.

As I don't tend to reverse caravan on my own I have not felt it a priority, Also hoping Wireless tech gets to the stage to make fitting a decent DIY option.

I do agree its a MASSIVE safety advantage and once you have one you will never feel comfortable without.

We got the lorry one at the local Truck Supplier in Belfast that we use for most of the lorry and van bits we buy.

The technology has come on so much in part driven by the compulsory need for re-view on all site vehicles. As this is not achievable with mirrors on a lot of lorries/forklifts/diggers its a camera that has been the go to after market option. Its now coming as standard on a lot of these. As we all know demand drives development advancements and the price down at the same time.

Anyone fitted a wireless version they are happy with and if so do you have a link?

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, baddon said:

Have a reversing camera on the Jeep (ford Ranger) and after using it had one added to our company lorry. Both are great.

As I don't tend to reverse caravan on my own I have not felt it a priority, Also hoping Wireless tech gets to the stage to make fitting a decent DIY option.

I do agree its a MASSIVE safety advantage and once you have one you will never feel comfortable without.

We got the lorry one at the local Truck Supplier in Belfast that we use for most of the lorry and van bits we buy.

The technology has come on so much in part driven by the compulsory need for re-view on all site vehicles. As this is not achievable with mirrors on a lot of lorries/forklifts/diggers its a camera that has been the go to after market option. Its now coming as standard on a lot of these. As we all know demand drives development advancements and the price down at the same time.

Anyone fitted a wireless version they are happy with and if so do you have a link?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have a Jeep or Ford Ranger as they are two different brands?  Our Jeep as the reversing camera as standard, but still prefer to use my mirrors.  Anyway it cannot be used if reversing a caravan or to see any traffic directly behind the caravan on a motorway and no way to link a camera on the rear of the caravan into the built in monitor even with Bluetooth.

2 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Do you have a Jeep or Ford Ranger as they are two different brands?  Our Jeep as the reversing camera as standard, but still prefer to use my mirrors.  Anyway it cannot be used if reversing a caravan or to see any traffic directly behind the caravan on a motorway and no way to link a camera on the rear of the caravan into the built in monitor even with Bluetooth.

I have a Ford Ranger which I refer to as a Jeep in the way our vacuum gets called a Hover even thought its not.

I also use my mirrors mainly but the camera is great for checking whats directly behind me (cant see behind me with a mirror as its a Pickup with a canopy. Same goes for lorry. (esp handy when reversing in tight areas or with non flat surfaces like bollards, other vehicles or on sites). Its also A MASSIVE time saver when backing in to hitch up a trailer/caravan.  

I do know it cant be used when reversing a caravan as all you see is the big white box (deos help me crushing bikes on the bike rack though...

So my question still stands-

4 hours ago, baddon said:

Thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, baddon said:

Thanks in advance.

Insult to Jeep comparing it to a Ford ranger.  LOL!  :D

For sometime we have been looking for a decent camera that could used for reversing and also when on a motorway and where the monitor clips over the rear view mirror.  There are some that can be fitted down by the number plate but I would think that the view is distorted because it is so low down and also not suitable for viewing traffic behind the caravan.  Also would need to be wireless as Bluetooth (BT) has a limited range.  Would also be interested in one that serves a dual purpose.  I am wondering if one could be connected up and then a Smartphone be used as the monitor as then just maybe you could stream the video from the phone to the built in Satnav as most of them have a BT connection?  Just a thought.

I bought one of these Digi-View cameras and have it fitted to my Buccaneer Caravel. The camera is wired in to the caravan running lights with the cable inside the offside awning rail, the LCD monitor sits on the dashboard of my Landcruiser and has never dropped the signal yet. I bought from the clearance area of the site at £179.99.  http://trailervision.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70

• Thanks 1

all from ebay farely cheap too as i cant afford hundreds for the setup, im doing wiring at the min so when im finished il add pics if u like

I`ve got one its called Joy operates on two legs and only takes a minute to set up!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, compact said:

I`ve got one its called Joy operates on two legs and only takes a minute to set up!

I've got one similar to yours, but it's gestures are variable, audio dodgy, & frequently indecipherable anyway. On top of that it suffers from 'freeze-up' just like my rear camera LOL. Very good at criticizing the sat. nav. though.

On 17/03/2019 at 09:25, baddon said:

Thanks in advance.

Fitted a Durite 077641 rear view camera with 7" Monitor. Very happy with it, no break in signal wish I had it years ago.

https://www.durite.co.uk/itm/Wireless-CCTV-Kits-up-to-4-Cameras/Wireless-CCTV-Kit-7-Colour-Infrared-TFT-Monitor-with-Sound-12V-24V/077641

Practical caravan gave it top marks on a recent review.

9 hours ago, Ian McH said:

Fitted a Durite 077641 rear view camera with 7" Monitor. Very happy with it, no break in signal wish I had it years ago.

https://www.durite.co.uk/itm/Wireless-CCTV-Kits-up-to-4-Cameras/Wireless-CCTV-Kit-7-Colour-Infrared-TFT-Monitor-with-Sound-12V-24V/077641

Practical caravan gave it top marks on a recent review.

Practical Caravan give good reviews to anything that is advertised in their pages.  Looks a good set up except for the monitor which should be something that clips onto the rear view mirror instead of being mounted on the dashboard.  What would happen if an airbag had to be deployed?  Would the monitor end up in someone's head?

We have the wired version of the Durite in the lorry its very good.

11 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Practical Caravan give good reviews to anything that is advertised in their pages. 

Really; You have proof of that !!

11 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Looks a good set up except for the monitor which should be something that clips onto the rear view mirror

With a bit of thought it wasnt difficult to mount the monitor on the rear view mirror.

11 hours ago, Ian McH said:

Really; You have proof of that !!

With a bit of thought it wasnt difficult to mount the monitor on the rear view mirror.

Have you ever seen a  poor or bad review in PC?  ;)  I would be interested if you could perhaps tell how you managed to hook it onto the rear view mirror.  We want to use it as a rear view camera while travelling on a motorway or other roads so it needs to be firmly attached.  Thanks.