Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Trucker

Can Anyone Recommend A Site On A Beach?

Hi guys

Can any of you recommend a site on/next a beach please. we are looking to go to either the south of france or the top of spain,the site must allow 2 dogs and twin axle caravans. We had a site recommended to us which was in spain and it was absolutly brilliant,but i would like to try somewhere new.

I would also like a serviced pitch and not one of the massive sites,looking to go end of may early june.

Camping Yelloh Village at Serignan Plage might fit your bill, but there's loads of similar sites in the same area.

• Like 1

But the man did say not a massive site. Is 1200 pitches the new small?

Edited by moorgate

La Baie, Trinity Sur Mer near Carnac has beach alobgside. ....as do many Brittany sites that area.

Geoff

• Like 1

In the south of France you may struggle to find a site on a beach, where the beach 'accepts' dogs. Many beaches have notices saying 'Chiens Interdit' (interestingly French dog owners are often unable to read!!!).

Les Sablons at Portiragnes Plage allows two dogs, takes the ACSI Card in low season, and there is an area of the beach at Portiragnes where dogs are actually 'permitted' and not just tolerated. However, it may be too big for you, but from experience in May/June sites are never too busy.

Can you tell us where you stayed in Spain, so that we can make recommendations of sites with similar size and similar facilities?

Edited by ValA
  • Like 1

There are good recommendations for Camping Clara a family run site in northern Spain. It is to be hoped that we will be there in June next year.

• Like 1

We stayed at La Ballena Alegre costa brava. I would recommend it,again it is a rather large site with about 500-600 pitches i guess but we were told in the middle of september that it would be quite and it was probably only 50% of the pitches taken.

Camping Bon Repos, Santa Susanna. If you want a smaller site, there is one next door, I forget the exact name, something like Playa Platja, but no doubt Google will help you.

Our review is here

Russ

• Like 1

Camping La Paz about an hour West of Santander is extremely nice - we've been there three times.

You totally overlook the sea, there's a good restaurant on site and they take vans - it's a very steep driveway up so they use their Discovery to pull caravans up. it pretty much has it's own stunning beach too (great for swimming).

This is a photo from our van.

1013454_10151437993562805_275475429_n.jp

Edited by Kernowlad
  • Like 2

Camping La Paz about an hour West of Santander is extremely nice - we've been there three times.

That looks like a very nice campsite. My spanish is rubbish, but I think it works out about 50euro a night for my family. (2ad, 3 child).

Would that be about right for spanish sites.

Edited by Rnclayton101

Stayed at Camping Agay Soleil a long, long time ago. Some pitches only have a fence between you and the beach. Sorry couldn't tell you about dogs, twin axle etc. Know it is stil running. Might be worth doing a search for it. My parents went there quite a few times.

• Like 1

That looks like a very nice campsite. My spanish is rubbish, but I think it works out about 50euro a night for my family. (2ad, 3 child).

Would that be about right for spanish sites.

It's more expensive than the majority of sites unless you are off peak and have an ACSI card; then it's actually pretty cheap! I think we paid roughly that amount in August; a camper, two adults, two kids.

We have used Camping Las Palmeras at St Pere Pescador several times about 200 meters from the beach, wouldnt think the TA would be a problem but check on the dogs.

I know you mentioned Northern Spain but the Costa Brava is little different in distance and much less likely to be wet.

• Like 1

We have used Camping Las Palmeras at St Pere Pescador several times about 200 meters from the beach, wouldnt think the TA would be a problem but check on the dogs.

I know you mentioned Northern Spain but the Costa Brava is little different in distance and much less likely to be wet.

We stayed in St pere pescador in september lovely area,and the beaches were beautiful.