Sign in to follow this  
peterjohn

Review: Wharfedale Caravan Club Site, Nr Skipton

Lovely quiet, ideal walking centre, Wildlife, lots of places to visit round about, Skipton, Grassington, Kilnsey Crag, Malham, Malham cove and tarn, Bolton Abbey.

Click here to view the UK campsite review

Agree with your review PJ. I'd add that it can get quite busy even out of school hols season and when it does it feels 'crowded' to me. However, it's in such a lovely location I still go. There are beautiful riverside walks and picnic areas; the one to Grassington is especially nice. Grassington is lovely with plenty of conventional and quirky tearooms.

The site itself is situated adjacent to a large upmarket holiday home park which has a nice, if a bit stark, pub with a sizeable dining room and decent food. There's a Spar shop and filling station about a mile or so away and a decent pub just a bit farther. The dog walk is very good and merges onto a wider footpath network.

Just had a good weekend here, thoroughly enjoyable. Plenty of safe walking for the dogs, Grassington half an hour away on foot, friendly wardens and good size pitches. 

Only downside is the road from Threshfield narrows a bit and we had a tractor + trailer to negotiate when we left.

I recommend the Tennant at Kilnsey, fabulous food. 

Yet too go but its my mates favourite site. Him and his wife (not forgetting the dog) love it. Great walks, great pubs with good beer and food, lovely countryside. We will be going in July.

We also enjoyed a few days at Wharfedale last year.  Good walking certainly - can't comment on local hostelries but the things most prominent in my mind are being told on day two to lift the ground sheet (breathable) daily - it was summer so we simply dispensed with it  and more pleasantly, the fearless rabbits on the higher level of the site.