Looking At Buying A New 2017 Lunar Clubman Si Help Please ?

Maybe it's a layout thing - but I don't understand the issue with Lunar noseweights.

The noseweight, as delivered, of my 2013 Clubman ES was only 50 kg and didn't increase much on initial loading so even with the meagre 80kg limit of my Santa Fe I had to load the front bed boxes and leave the centre dinette empty to get the noseweight up - since changing cars, I now leave water in the Alde and a couple of loaded boxes in the gas locker to get the noseweight up to 95 kg.

Having had a major snake early in my caravanning due to insufficient noseweight I do now make a point of getting it UP to the car's limit.

• Like 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

• 4 weeks later...

From my experience,it's yes,yes,yes. had our 2016 si nearly year now,just had first service,all ok.

Towed about 4to5 thousand miles, 149 nights in van,tows like a dream,noseweight is heavier than most,was 100kgs. but we've got it down to 80kgs,had to remove front chest and only carry light stuff in front locker, only because our car has recomended 75 kgs loading. excellent product IMO.

Regarding your comment about top outside rear red/white light,seems it's a common problem,I lost two,got replacement foc,so I put a strip of good clear Sellotape around the joint,its lasted nine months now,and you can't see it.

We had a wobbly table as well,replaced folding legs foc and they seem much better, haven't really used it yet.

I see you live in Worcester,much better Lunar dealer at Bromsgrove,dealt with them for while now,can't fault them.

I agree, it's Chichester Caravans, but they won't touch anything they didn't sell. However, I would never touch Catterick Caravans again. Their after sales is hopeless

Maybe it's a layout thing - but I don't understand the issue with Lunar noseweights.

The noseweight, as delivered, of my 2013 Clubman ES was only 50 kg and didn't increase much on initial loading so even with the meagre 80kg limit of my Santa Fe I had to load the front bed boxes and leave the centre dinette empty to get the noseweight up - since changing cars, I now leave water in the Alde and a couple of loaded boxes in the gas locker to get the noseweight up to 95 kg.

Having had a major snake early in my caravanning due to insufficient noseweight I do now make a point of getting it UP to the car's limit.

Nust be layout. My Lunar ES, 2012, had a noseweight just over 60 Kg with Alko lock, EHU and other bits under front locker and a 100+ A/H battery and motor mover

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

A friend of mine has a Lunar from new two years past, on delivery he noticed the door did not fit properly, the dealer said they would order a replacement, that was a six month saga ending with it being sent in caravan to anther dealer. Finally fitted new door himself. This September, rain came through the roof light, the roof had a dip in it. Agreed warranty/ new roof to be factory fitted, still waiting to be collected, new current projection new year? Against all the satisfied customers on here who must consider themselves lucky there will be one is badly let down. He has written to the CEO.

I think with Lunar the most important thing is a good dealer. I had the Lunar 640 Ultima 2013 and did have a couple of problems with damp due to ill fitting front windows which had to be changed and a few other minor niggles but Robinsons caravans who have the 'Ultima ' range as their special sorted everything out without any hassle where as you read of others having problems with dealers.

• Like 1

I think with Lunar the most important thing is a good dealer. I had the Lunar 640 Ultima 2013 and did have a couple of problems with damp due to ill fitting front windows which had to be changed and a few other minor niggles but Robinsons caravans who have the 'Ultima ' range as their special sorted everything out without any hassle where as you read of others having problems with dealers.

I think a good dealer is important with any brand, caravans or cars, as they can make warranty repairs so much less stressful - but it does need to be the selling dealer, going elsewhere is unlikely to find a good one.

• Like 1

I think a good dealer is important with any brand, caravans or cars, as they can make warranty repairs so much less stressful - but it does need to be the selling dealer, going elsewhere is unlikely to find a good one.

I cannot agree, the agent I use for warranty work is excellent in my opinion. Nothing has been an issue. I buy caravans from who gives me the best deal, most have been from middle of the country.

I cannot agree, the agent I use for warranty work is excellent in my opinion. Nothing has been an issue. I buy caravans from who gives me the best deal, most have been from middle of the country.

I'd suggest then that your agent is the exception that proves the rule.

Some of my issues were debatable whether they were covered by warranty - but as soon as I even mentioned SoGA the selling dealer, who I was fairly local to, agreed straight away to deal with the issue and sort out re-imbursement later - I feel sure that a different dealer or agent wouldn't have done the work on that basis.

As it happens I got a very good deal on discount, better than show prices, but sadly the dealer principal has decided to retire and it closed after not renewing their premises lease - fortunately all my warranty issues are now fixed.