Surveyor American Caravans

Went to the Malvern Caravan show last Friday. Good show but a lot smaller than the NEC.

They had a selection of Surveyor Caravans there. Some had to be used as statics weighing in up to 3349 kg. Large range, some innovative features. Loads of extras included. Comparatively cheap considering what is included.

Good well presented web site,

http://www. americancaravansdirect. com/surveyor-caravans-and-fifth-wheels/

For us the big problems were:

Outside, ugly.

Inside, ugly

Very drab, lots of shades of brown.

John

Edited by JCloughie
  • Like 1

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Spent the week before last with work in the USA and remarked to my OH how brown everything is. They seem to love brown, brown carpets, brown walls. I think that their design looks old fashioned to European eyes.

We looked at some at Westpoint a couple of years ago, nowhere to hang any clothes????

Landrover Freelander 2 towing a Bailey Pegasus IV verona

Won't fit a lot of pitches or quite a few country lanes.

They do do a couple of smaller ones.

http://www. americancaravansdirect. com/r-pod-retro-caravans/

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

My American built Airstream hasn't got any ''brown'' and it fits on all the campsites throughout Europe and Morocco that we have visited. Airstream4.jpg

• Like 2

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

My American built Airstream hasn't got any ''brown'' and it fits on all the campsites throughout Europe and Morocco that we have visited. Airstream4.jpg

Looks great, but a world of difference from the Surveyor in every respect.

John

Went to the Malvern Caravan show last Friday. Good show but a lot smaller than the NEC.

They had a selection of Surveyor Caravans there. Some had to be used as statics weighing in up to 3349 kg. Large range, some innovative features. Loads of extras included. Comparatively cheap considering what is included.

Good well presented web site, http://www. americancaravansdirect. com/surveyor-caravans-and-fifth-wheels/

For us the big problems were:

Outside, ugly.

Inside, ugly

Very drab, lots of shades of brown.

John

Been to their showroom myself in the front of a furniture shop . Heavy caravans to tow .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Any over 23 feet are outside the UK's maximum & metreslength for a "car" to tow.

Edited by JTQ

Any over 23 feet are outside the UK's maximum & metreslength for a "car" to tow.

Is it OK to tow with the right licence and vehicle? Say to permanently or semi permanently site.

John

Is it OK to tow with the right licence and vehicle? Say to permanently or semi permanently site.

John

But as I said not with a "car", ie a vehicle of sub 3500kg GVW.

With a vehicle of over 3500 GVW and the licence to drive it then I understand you can; something like a Unimog?

Edited by JTQ
  • 2 weeks later...

I passed one yesterday on the M62 being towed by a large transit type van. Didn't hang around to look as we were 2 or 3 lanes apart. Did look big though.

John.

I want one !

My ladyfriend likes the Surveyor. ............

My Lunar will do. It is bought paid for and mine. And besides. ..............

IT DISCOURGES HER FROM INVITING HER NUMEROUS GRANDCHILDREN :lol: :lol:

Regards
Ian

John

At the show we were told by the young lady that it was not a problem to tow on UK roads with a normal vehicle under 3500kg and that our Jeep was fine. She was insistent she was right and was even prepared to take a £100 bet. The caravan in question was about 30' long! I don't think you pay 20% VAT on these caravans which is why they seem cheap.

There's one on pitch near me here in southern Spain it has 3 slideouts the chap had it shipped over from a company in Boston lincs may well be tempted to the same it's huge inside.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Spent the week before last with work in the USA and remarked to my OH how brown everything is. They seem to love brown, brown carpets, brown walls. I think that their design looks old fashioned to European eyes.

Would definitely agree with you there! Was on a small rally some weeks ago and the BIL of one of our regulars joined us with his US RV, loads of space but oh so depressing with all the dark upholstery and cupboard doors!