Sign in to follow this  
Chilisauce

Highbridge Caravans On Fire

Just seen this online, it looks a bad one.
Hopefully no one is injured and it's not as bad as it looks.

http://www. dsfire. gov. uk/news/newsdesk/IncidentDetail. cfm?IncidentID=38340&siteCategoryId=3&T1ID=26&T2ID=35

Admin Edit:

FYI the following has been posted on the Highbridge website:-

Please note due to a fire on our for sale Caravan display, the new & used Caravan display area is currently closed.
Please note our Motorhome display, Accessories Shop, Awning Showroom, Workshop and Parts are open as normal (Workshop/Parts closed Sunday)
We thank you all for your kind words and patience while we are dealing with the aftermath of the fire.

It looks like, from the report, that they managed to move a lot of 'vans, which might have saved them.

I have a feeling that the cause of the fire at that time in the morning is possibly already known :(

At least no one appears to have been hurt, which is a blessing.

On BBC radio Somerset just know the fire service stated that they estimate in excess of 100 caravans destroyed.

How sad for this business and anyone affected by it. Just glad no human casualties, especially the firefighters who do a fab job in very difficult circumstances.

• Like 5

On BBC radio Somerset just know the fire service stated that they estimate in excess of 100 caravans destroyed.

This time of year they would be fully stocked I should think .

I was there myself a couple of months ago .

Just to add the sheds in the pictures are the caravan service area and the caravans awaiting service are left in the area showing the blaze so owners caravans in for a service can also be effected by what it looks like .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

It was supposed to be their "open weekend" showcasing the new models. I've been in communication by email with one of the guys just this week about the Coachmans. We visit 2/3 times a year - devastating for them.

Edited by Glen and Les

It was supposed to be their "open weekend" showcasing the new models. I've been in communication by email with one of the guys just this week about the Coachmans. We visit 2/3 times a year - devastating for them.

Absolutely right, as CommanderDave stated, they would have been stocked to the gunnels.

So sad for all concerned, much sympathy.

So sad for them :( such lovely people and so friendly and helpful whenever we go there.

• Like 1

Video of the aftermath on the Burnham on Sea website. Utter devastation, I feel for the folks down there.

http://www. burnham-on-sea. com/video/

Just to add the sheds in the pictures are the caravan service area and the caravans awaiting service are left in the area showing the blaze so owners caravans in for a service can also be effected by what it looks like .

Dave

I noticed that too. It's also where all the new models are kept. There'll be a lot of heat damage I would think as well.

There'll be a knock on effect for the manufacturers too, having to replace vans that have been destroyed, whether they're demonstrators or customer vans.

So sad for everyone.

Video of the aftermath on the Burnham on Sea website. Utter devastation, I feel for the folks down there.

http://www. burnham-on-sea. com/video/

The people in those houses must have been getting quite worried!

Oh that is dreadful :( lots of new vans just gone, and so close to the houses too. I suppose at that time of day no one would have been about to get injured, just hope they find out if it was accidental or deliberate, such a terrible thing to happen and on their open weekend too :(

• Like 2

The insurance should cover the losses, but that will take a time and they will be looking at the companies books very closely.

We have a wander around there every now and then, they have (had) a huge stock of caravans & motorhomes.

It will create a shortage of caravans in the area and may affect prices (upwards)

Oh that is dreadful :( lots of new vans just gone, and so close to the houses too. I suppose at that time of day no one would have been about to get injured, just hope they find out if it was accidental or deliberate, such a terrible thing to happen and on their open weekend too :(

Horrendous,glad no one appears to be harmed,

Passed this site very recently,I have got to question the wisdom of siting many hundreds of highly combustible materials,so close together, I could only glance as I drove past but all I could see was a sea of white stretching back a very long way.

What awful news for them and their business. Hope they recover ok from this.

I don't think some of the veiled hints in this thread at the cause being possibly deliberate are particularly helpful at this stage.

The Fire service and if needed the police will carry out an investigation in due course, better to leave them to it and leave any speculation for the time being.

• Like 2

Which veiled hints are you referring to?

Oh how awful. Never bought a van from them but did go looking 2 weeks ago. Wish them all the best.

It's only a very short thread, I would have thought they were easy to pick out TBH. :)

• Like 1

We often pop into their well stocked accesory shop and almost bought a Swift caravan from them two years ago. I would think thta most of the stock would have been "old stock" which includes new 2016 stock as the 2017 models probably are not yet available? Don't they also have a storage compound across the road as that is the side where the pub is located and is nowhere near the main site? I am wondering which has gone up in flames, a section of the main area or a section in the stoprage compund area across the way?

It's only a very short thread, I would have thought they were easy to pick out TBH. :)

I can see one possibly?

Shall I help you out? I presume that Tin Snail is referring to my post #2

Hope this helps you :rolleyes:

Shall I help you out? I presume that Tin Snail is referring to my post #2

Hope this helps you :rolleyes:

Oh, that one ;) when tin snail mentioned veiled hints I was looking for a few ;)

• Like 1

Oh, that one ;) when tin snail mentioned veiled hints I was looking for a few ;)

You haven't looked hard enough. There is another. :lol:

I never suggested there was a few, the use of the plural is acceptable to use when describing more than one. B)

Edited by Tin_Snail

You haven't looked hard enough. There is another. :lol:

Oh please tell me!

:(

Sign in to follow this