Sign in to follow this  
sampvt

Fabric Covered Caravan Wallboard

In an older motorhome of mine the walls had a wooley type wall board on the walls, does anyone know what this wallboard is called please.

, does anyone know what this wallboard is called please.

Without being rude - it's probably been flocked. .. :wub: To see the process Google "Flock it"

I just found it. Its called veltrim. Spay a board, place it on and job done. Its ised for lining boots etc on cars but I thought it came already on a board, aparently not.

Spay a board, place it on and job done. Its ised for lining boots etc on cars but I thought it came already on a board, aparently not.

Not quite as simple as that. After the adhesive has been applied, the nylon fibres need to be given an electrostatic charge so that when they are sprayed, they attach to the adhesive standing on end giving a velvet like appearance.

I think this stuff is on rolls, and you must just be able to spray the adhesive on a board not actually placing fibres on to a board.

you can get flock on a roll http://www. abmshop. co. uk/self-adhesive-flock-material-8-c. asp

i was going to flock my old dash board, i bought a diy flocker but thought that that would take too long then found the stuff on a roll but never got around to doing it but did a try on a piece of car seat trim don't know if it is similar stuff to what your looking for?

001.jpg

005.jpg

on the roll

003.jpg