Gold Cassoa Security Breach

This is the weekend. had email from storage. Can move in on Monday? Off this weekend in caravan, hope it warms up?

• Like 1

Swift Elegance 480, towed by a Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian X series 6.

I have always thought the petty thieves would be difficult to stop as most sites have defences and CCTV facing the perimeter . What if a thief takes out a month's storage and put his caravan in the compound with a partner or two hidden in the caravan then at night they steal a quantity of items and the next morning he collects his caravan complete filled with stolen items and his mate inside . Nobody would be wise for days if not weeks in the winter months ? Then they could sell them on EBay as we know batteries and cassettes and water containers with pumps fetch a good price .

I don't think storage sites carry out to much background checks ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I have always thought the petty thieves would be difficult to stop as most sites have defences and CCTV facing the perimeter . What if a thief takes out a month's storage and put his caravan in the compound with a partner or two hidden in the caravan then at night they steal a quantity of items and the next morning he collects his caravan complete filled with stolen items and his mate inside . Nobody would be wise for days if not weeks in the winter months ? Then they could sell them on EBay as we know batteries and cassettes and water containers with pumps fetch a good price .

I don't think storage sites carry out to much background checks ?

Dave

Dear me. .. is it tin foil hat time?

This post is not intended to suggest you are pedantic or that you shouldn't ever post again.  It is not retaliatory in its intent and I apologise for any offence it may give rise to.

Nothing like putting ideas out there!!!!!!

It's what the travellers do on touring sites round here they pull on with a Range Rover and a Bailey and will be on site for a day or two and then pull off early in the morning with a bounty of bikes and caravan accessories and televisions and DVD players if the site has holiday statics .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

It's what the travellers do on touring sites round here they pull on with a Range Rover and a Bailey and will be on site for a day or two and then pull off early in the morning with a bounty of bikes and caravan accessories and televisions and DVD players if the site has holiday statics .

Dave

Hi CommanderDave

Mamhilad park is a Gold CaSSOA caravan storage facility, which has it's gates open for the first time! It's not a caravan park. I understand what you are saying, but no comparison?

Dave

It's funny, in all the years we've been camping we've never had anything stolen (simply unzip the tent and you're in). Seems caravaning is a different ballgame all together.

• 1 month later...

This is the weekend. had email from storage. Can move in on Monday? Off this weekend in caravan, hope it warms up?

Called round today and didn't see any vans in the compound - what happened? Looks ready to take the vans, although access pretty tight swinging round to the right gate - think they should take away the last line on the car park and have a dedicated lane leaving to the gate.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Hi Glen & Les.

Nothing has happened? That's what I mean! nothing. My caravan is on the old ICI site, along with numerous others. The estate is waiting for the demarcation lines and numbers to be painted (like road white lines).

To access the gate you take the RH turn before the end where you turned down, it's then a straight line to the gate. Did you notice the yellow grid marked out on the floor, so you can get enough swing? I am off to the caravan this morning, as I do weekly, OH wants some items put in the caravan, starting to stock up, for our first 2017 outing in Feb!

At least your van is being stored at the moment, ready for transfer. I can see how turning right before the last line of cars will be easier - didn't notice the yellow box, but wasn't looking outside the compound to be honest. There are white lines on the ground in the compound, some newer than others, but some could be just old car parking bays - that's what they looked like anyway.

Will you get a choice of bay? I'd hope to get one away from the perimeter trees if you can - could help to keep the van cleaner and also help with solar panel, if you have one.

Happy caravanning for 2017. We hope to have our new van for our first trip 3rd week of Feb up to Broadway.

Glen.

I have been to the caravan today, everything OK. Where it is currently positioned, they have started to install curb stones as it is to be a carpark for the new for the new renal unit, as the one at St Woolos hospital is closing down. I have been asked where I would like to be situated and I said somewhere in the middle! Our caravan did not come with a solar panel, having one fitted when it has it's first service! Unless the new lines are down, there were old carpark lines at the offset!

Hope the weather is on your side, when you pick up your new caravan, we have been away in Feb with snow?

Edited by David P

Thanks David,

We usually get away each Feb and so far have avoided the snow. Truth is we wouldn't go if snow forecast, because we wouldn't get the van back to the house or our current storage - there would be a big winter benefit in moving to Mamhilad in this respect. In fact, collection of our current van was delayed by snow in January 4 years ago, because we couldn't get the van out to take it to the dealer for changeover. You will know all about that situation from where you were stored in Blaenavon!

Hope it all works out shortly and you get a middle slot. Be interesting to see how quickly it fills up. If there are still vacancies in a few months we may look to move - will keep popping by.

Glen.