I understand the boot volume is a bit smaller than the 70 but I've not seen the actual measurements which may mean it's actually more practical. From the videos the front cabin looks superbly Scandinavian. Personally I prefer Tudorbethan like the last Rovers.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Depends on discounts!

Don't caravan club members get discounts on Volvos, I don't know how they compare to other offers

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Don't caravan club members get discounts on Volvos, I don't know how they compare to other offers

I've always found that club deals (not just CC) aren't as good as the best negotiated deals.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Looks like Drive the Deal have a dealer offering 8. 1% discount on V90's

Mine is due end of October early November. I borrowed there S90 today and it was very nice too. The D4 engine pulls well and the seats are very comfy. I can't wait for my V90 now but it will be 1 of the 1st in the country because they have not delivered any yet. Got a better discount from the dealer than CC and because in CC also got free metallic paint which saved £700 on top of the dealer discount. Also because I have had to wait they will honour the PX even if it is delayed till December.

Edited by pagan8c

Stoneacres?

My V70 came from them in February '15.

I've always found that club deals (not just CC) aren't as good as the best negotiated deals.

Yes used the CC deal for my current Volvo . .. the CC discount was offered over and above the discounts offered by the dealer.

Planning to call in to my dealer over the weekend to see what offers are on the go now!

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

The plug in hybrid doesn't make much sense and costs a small fortune more than the diesels. The battery only drives for about 25 miles and then you're burning extra fuel hauling the batteries and electric motor around. Even if all your motoring is under 25 miles you'll never ever recover anywhere near the cost of the price premium.

And they are also going todo an xc version of it too.

Seeing just over £3k discounts currently

XC90 was announced last year, the first new model of their new generations.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

They'll have to think of a new title for the jacked up,Awd,plastic wheel arch version if they are planning one. Perhaps revive the Cross Country name.

The plug in hybrid doesn't make much sense and costs a small fortune more than the diesels. The battery only drives for about 25 miles and then you're burning extra fuel hauling the batteries and electric motor around. Even if all your motoring is under 25 miles you'll never ever recover anywhere near the cost of the price premium.

I think it is for the diesel haters and DP worry worts .

They'll have to think of a new title for the jacked up,Awd,plastic wheel arch version if they are planning one. Perhaps revive the Cross Country name.

I believe this is going to be the name. The new V90 D5 has 4 wheel drive but hasn't got the raised suspension.

Edited by pagan8c

The 4-cylinder T8 is 400 bhp / 472 ftlb

That's hybrid which is more acceptable. The i8 is three cylinders but rather nippy thanks to its electric motors.

But the rest of the range is white goods powered. A luxobarge needs that muted but powerful sound. No 4 pot provides one.

BMW M135i - definitely not a tow carSubaru Outback 2. 5SE manual - a potential tow car, 2016 VW California 204 4motion could be a tow van

Volvo said ages ago that future models would be limited to 4 cylinders and 2 litres. Plus hybrid technology,obviously.

An XC90 was a possible future purchase. But not any more.

BMW M135i - definitely not a tow carSubaru Outback 2. 5SE manual - a potential tow car, 2016 VW California 204 4motion could be a tow van

Unless to are truly desperate to give a load of money to the Tax Man and also suffer a massive amount of depreciation in no time at-all - I would wait for a low mileage two year old one that has had the problems sorted out by the first owner or company and enjoy it at expense of someone else.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Unless to are truly desperate to give a load of money to the Tax Man and also suffer a massive amount of depreciation in no time at-all - I would wait for a low mileage two year old one that has had the problems sorted out by the first owner or company and enjoy it at expense of someone else.

A good job we all don't think like you then otherwise there would be no used cars to buy. I am quite happy to have a new car which no one else has abused and which has the colour and extras I want. No servicing to pay for and no breakdown problems because the warranty takes care of it.

• Like 2

Ive got a bit lost with these volvos now. Does d4 mean its 4 cylinder or a detuned 5 cylinder,do they still produce a 5 cylinder as im sure ive seen a new xc90 d5 or im i cracking up?

If I was thinking of a two year old car,the first thing I would do is find out how much the same thing new would cost. If it's been in production for two years,a lot of the newness will have gone, a mid term facelift might be approaching and good discounts might well be available. Factor in the possible need to buy an extended warranty,approaching servicing and consumable replacement,plus better finance deals on new cars and the used car might not look such a bargain.