Saw my first one in the metal yesterday, In Bradford.

In a lovely shade of metallic brown (mmmmmm).

Suffice to say, I've only just reopened my eyes in case it comes back.

What is it with luxury brands, especially SUVs? There are some truly ugly cars out there.

• Like 1

I wondered if we will see one pulling a caravan ? More chance I should think of see them at Ascot or Badminton pulling possibly a horse box trailer but I should think they would have staff and a custom horse box to do that or Monaco.

Not sure what market it is aimed at ? Can't see it being a Chelsea tractor ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I wondered if we will see one pulling a caravan ? More chance I should think of see them at Ascot or Badminton pulling possibly a horse box trailer but I should think they would have staff and a custom horse box to do that or Monaco.

Dave

I think Premiership footballers will also go for it along with a coupe.

Dave

It's aimed at those who think a top-end Range Rover is beneath them - not really aimed at the UK market, more for the middle east wealthy countries.

• Like 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

I'm not sure if fits the footballers market as they usually go for something sporty and sleek . Do they still buy overfinch's as most seem to go for Aston's and Ferraris ?

As said I should think middle East market and possibly China .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I'm not sure if fits the footballers market as they usually go for something sporty and sleek . Do they still buy overfinch's as most seem to go for Aston's and Ferraris ?

As said I should think middle East market and possibly China .

Dave

We're a fair way from Cheshire so I can't confirm, but I was always under the impression that they tend to have a sporty coupe and the most expensive Range Rover they can get (for the kids!)

Obviously someone in Bradford thought it was worth a punt

Being 4 miles from Crewe, albeit on the opposite side to the Bentley factory, we occasionally see them on the roads round here. After the initial pics, when I thought it looked ghastly, I now quite like them, but as I won't have an SUV of whatever brand and haven't got anywhere near that sort of money there's zero chance I'll ever own one.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Being 4 miles from Crewe, albeit on the opposite side to the Bentley factory, we occasionally see them on the roads round here. After the initial pics, when I thought it looked ghastly, I now quite like them, but as I won't have an SUV of whatever brand and haven't got anywhere near that sort of money there's zero chance I'll ever own one.

What's the issue with SUVs?

I wouldn't go back even if I had to give up caravanning and didn't need the kerbweight - not that I need this much anyway.

We're a fair way from Cheshire so I can't confirm, but I was always under the impression that they tend to have a sporty coupe and the most expensive Range Rover they can get (for the kids!)

Obviously someone in Bradford thought it was worth a punt

The WAGs need something massive like that to take the kids to school. Preferably in a colour to match their fingernails.

• Like 2

The WAGs need something massive like that to take the kids to school. Preferably in a colour to match their fingernails.

Talking of WAGs, our cherished plate is LXX WAG. We are at a loss as we have no SUV to put it on and we're unlikely to ever want one. At present it resides on Mrs SDA's Twingo and is quite appropriate as we have two bearded collies with waggy tails but I've often wondered whether it would be worth anything in Alderley Edge, it surely should reside on some form of Bentley. .

I'm looking forward to the small sports car Bentley are supposed to have on the stocks for production in a year or so. Let's hope VW decide to produce in Crewe, Bentayga production nearly went to Bratislava or somewhere similar. Leaving the EU may tip the balance the other way.

Bentayga production nearly went to Bratislava or somewhere similar. Leaving the EU may tip the balance the other way.

That was a capacity issue at Crewe, since resolved - only the Touareg and Q7 are fully built at Bratislava, the Cayenne being partially built there but then shipped to Leipzig for Porsche to complete.

I don't see Brexit making any difference to Bentley or Rolls-Royce build locations, that would be the end of their "Britishness".

But VW were seriously considering Bratislava and the end of the brands 'Britishness'.

The Bentley capacity increase has been to establish the Bentayga line. There may not be the capacity for the small sports car as well.

I can confirm as a resident of Cheshire and living not to far away from the golden triangle of prestbury, alderley edge and wilmslow that there are indeed plenty of SUV's driven by young lady's of which the majority are Range Rovers. ...

• Like 1

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

Gorgeous. Lovely looking motor

I've seen 4, I like it

Well what a good job we all have different taste!

It does look to me like an unhappy marriage between Audi Q5, Chrysler PT, Montego Estate and Rover 25.

Don't care what it looks like. Love to try one with the Valencia on the back. 664 lbs of torque should be awesome.

• Like 2

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Looked at the press releases a few months ago. Hated it.

Have seen a few on the road around here. Rather like them.

Will wait a couple of months until my WAG can be persuaded. This may involve buying a £2 million pound property,demolishing it and building a mini Versailles,but it's only money.

Went to Tesco for fuel couple of weeks ago. Nice Roller pulled up behind me, he put £10 in, wonder how far that will get him.

John

• Like 1

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Went to Tesco for fuel couple of weeks ago. Nice Roller pulled up behind me, he put £10 in, wonder how far that will get him.

John

Depends on if he left the engine running while he was putting fuel in?

• Like 1