This looks interesting for 2017 for the more active type of folks, especially with the smaller car.

https://www. swiftgroup. co. uk/step-into-the-crossover-camping-vehicle

This looks interesting for 2017 for the more active type of folks, especially with the smaller car.

From that 'form over function' video, how can you tell that it 'looks interesting'?

• Like 2

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

From that 'form over function' video, how can you tell that it 'looks interesting'?

On the tease video, what you can see does look intersting and different to the norm . . Don't you think ;)

http://www. anwb. nl/kamperen/nieuws/2016/augustus/primeur-swift-basecamp

That's looks interesting too. :) Edited by Silverback

Typical video that shows you diddly squat, and does nothing to entice you into wanting to know more.

I must be easily pleased . . That'll please the wife then :(

• Like 1

Looks interesting to me.

Must just be us young ones SB ;)

Anytime you want to borrow me kayak . .. Give me a shout B)

You can borrow me Go-Pro as well :o

Edited by Silverback
  • Like 1

see this link to the recent Caravan salon show in Dusseldorf Germany End of August

http://www. aktiv-camper. de/2016/08/30/swift-basecamp/

or this Dutch review

• Like 1

Mini Clubman Cooper S

Now ive seen it inside I don't like it. ................................ I love it, it looks like a lot of caravan packed into a small shell. Very interesting.

If we weren't planning some full timing I would be seriously interested, its funky.

When I read that Swift were launching into another market I was hoping for a Swift Slide out, but alas no

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

see this link to the recent Caravan salon show in Dusseldorf Germany End of August

http://www. aktiv-camper. de/2016/08/30/swift-basecamp/

or this Dutch review

Thanks for the links . .. I found the one link but not the caravan salon show.

I really think its clever and looks good inside and out. Great the way the seats fold up to give more room to change into "active gear" changing area or store and tow your equipment (Weights permitting) . .

I also think they could adapt this caravan to a "Swift Compact" and up the spec and furnishings to suit the older folk who want a small, lightweight, comfortable caravan that will tow with smaller vehicles and easy to store. Even better if they had an awning channel on the rear or side or both, but I guess it wouldn't be a tow, drop and use base camp anymore ;)

Edited by Silverback

Floats my boat! The Airstream however, like all their products, looks like something cobbled together out of old aeroplane bits. ...

• Like 1

ABI trialled something along the lines of this with their Adventurer a few years before they pulled out of the touring industry. I liked the look of the Adventurer then, so really like the Swift take on it. If I was upgrading from a tent this is something I'd definitely consider, but now spoilt with our current van that we love.

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

• 2 weeks later...

I want one. Not sure what I would do with it but I want one!

Russ

• Like 2

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Just seen this tucked away in the Swift section.

No doubt the naysayer dinosaurs will be along to rubbish the thought.

There will be no where to fit the mattress topper and 32" TV & Sat Dish for god sake. ;)

But I think Swift should be applauded for recognising the change that will be upon us before we know it. And the need to engage a younger clientele with ever smaller, lighter tow cars.

Whether we like it or not, this is the future, not getting bigger, 8ft wide indeed !

Well done Swift. :)

Thumb.jpg.f255c7e57524ea1128623188ab0d66c5.jpg 2016 Caravan is SOLD.   With very happy new owner

Looks a cool product but whoever is in charge of the website and videos is an idiot. Only place i could see decent pics of inside and layouts was the brochure which you have to download. And by far the quickest way of turning off a young audience. ...the word FUNKY.

This may even be a caravan my brother who vowed never to get a caravan would be interested in.

Like the idea of having the door at the back. Perfect for loading bikes or whatever into the caravan, without a right-angle turn. Free's up the sides of the caravan for more work-surface too. Could make pitching awkward and I am not sure how you would get into your awning :blush: ?

Like the idea of having the door at the back. Perfect for loading bikes or whatever into the caravan, without a right-angle turn. Free's up the sides of the caravan for more work-surface too. Could make pitching awkward and I am not sure how you would get into your awning :blush: ?

I for one am old enough to remember the Sprite Cadet so having the door at the rear is not actually something that new.

post-79165-0-23885900-1476273765_thumb.jpeg

The video on the Swift website shows a dedicated awning attached to the rear of the Basecamp but with a side entrance.

Suffolk Coast, Bailey U3 Vigo, Hyundai Tucson Premium SE 2. 0

Great to see they've engineered a bespoke awning, I think this caravan has great potential if its also spacd up for the more mature caravanner looking for a short light weight easy to store caravan.

Edited by Silverback

It needs to have a good safe as well, the guy in the video has many £kkk's worth of Rolex watch on his wrist.

Not to sure but time will tell . .. ;( . .sorry

Guest KeefySher

It needs to have a good safe as well, the guy in the video has many £kkk's worth of Rolex watch on his wrist.

The bezel doesn't appear genuine for a Sea Dweller or Submariner. Might be a cheap fake :D It hasn't the correct bezel for the other Rolex watches with 3 lines of text at the bottom either.

If genuine it would be insured for 'sports / away from home' use if it's a 'sports' model, like wot my GMTII is :P:P

A great concept for non traditional caravanners and retirees who don't want a large tug and 'van. If Swift enhance the interior furnishings it'll be a broader market.

• Like 2