Seasonal Pitch In The Sun

leadlotus

Hi folks, we are looking to take our van to the south of France-Bezier, or Alicante region, and hopefully find a seasonal pitch to leave the van, so we can travel down there by plane regularly. The plan is instead of dragging the van about locally take it there so we can enjoy the sun and sights all year round.

Does anybody have any experience of doing this?, what are the disadvantages? can anybody recommend any possible sites?

Thanks folks

Billy

2013 Swift Challenger 565 se 2010 Honda CRV 2. 2 Exec

Usually plenty of companies will be at the NEC pushing new sites . I know there are plenty of new sites opening always spoke about on the UK websites for companies that market US caravans and 5th wheels for statics in Europe .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

The Campeole Group do seasonal pitches on most of their sites - we have used the one at Biscarrosse Plage several times. Site is normally open from end of March's until mid September. It is within easy distance of Bordeaux airport ( assuming you will be hiring a car ). Nice area, good beaches around, lively little village in the season, shopping no problem. The office has good English speakers so will respond to an email. HTH - if you want more info drop me a PM.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Can't give you any particular names, but there are sites in France that will store your van and place it on a pitch when you notify them you are coming out (bit like some of the C&CC sites do), would have thought that would be cheaper than having it permanently sited.

Can't give you any particular names, but there are sites in France that will store your van and place it on a pitch when you notify them you are coming out (bit like some of the C&CC sites do), would have thought that would be cheaper than having it permanently sited.

I agree.

We have stayed at La Baume, Frejus, the last couple of years during August, and it seems quite common for caravans to be towed out onto pitches during the day and then the owners turn up by car later.

Not sure if it's the site or local storage companies.

Keiron

How does it feel?... to be without a home. .. like a complete unknown. .. like a rolling stone?

Think that depends on how much you want to use the van, especially during the high season in July & August. I reckon I paid less for the whole season than those ( mainly French ) who came for 6 weeks of so in the school hols. Many French had a seasonal pitch and just came at the weekends and then for a longer period in the high season - they obviously thought it cost effective.

• Like 1

My preferences may not be to your taste, but here are some sites that I think may be worth consideration. In France: Le Trejeux, Larribal, Jonquilles and Gorges de la blanche. They would all close for the winter, AFIK. In Spain: Bahia de Santa Pola, La Marina, Armanello and Lo Monte. Each of those and many others in Spain are open all year and will offer an annual rate. Expect to pay between €2500 and €5000 for the year in Spain. I've never enquired about the cost of seasonal pitches in France.

Having said all that, "one man's meat" etc. ..... Booking a seasonal or annual pitch based on someone else's recommendation, could leave you tied to a site that you're not too chuffed about with no likelihood of a refund if you want to bail out. Sounds to me like an excuse for a long holiday to spend a few days each at a few chosen sites to find out for yourself.

• Like 2

My preferences may not be to your taste, but here are some sites that I think may be worth consideration. In France: Le Trejeux, Larribal, Jonquilles and Gorges de la blanche. They would all close for the winter, AFIK. In Spain: Bahia de Santa Pola, La Marina, Armanello and Lo Monte. Each of those and many others in Spain are open all year and will offer an annual rate. Expect to pay between €2500 and €5000 for the year in Spain. I've never enquired about the cost of seasonal pitches in France.

Having said all that, "one man's meat" etc. ..... Booking a seasonal or annual pitch based on someone else's recommendation, could leave you tied to a site that you're not too chuffed about with no likelihood of a refund if you want to bail out. Sounds to me like an excuse for a long holiday to spend a few days each at a few chosen sites to find out for yourself.

As I have found it pretty difficult to find sites in France that offer a seasonal summer rate, can you confirm that those you have quoted actually do so please? Just to save me the effort of contacting them, guess I am getting idle

I have my van in storage in Southern Spain and they will site it for me on Oct 24th when I get there, and will tow it away into storage, in May when I leave!

Up until this winter and for the last 9 years, I have taken it out and brought it back, but not any more!

Would not want to be too far north for the winter!

I am toying with leaving it on a permanent site, but Brexit may have something to do with my decision!

Can't wait to get back over there!

B)

As I have found it pretty difficult to find sites in France that offer a seasonal summer rate, can you confirm that those you have quoted actually do so please? Just to save me the effort of contacting them, guess I am getting idle

As said, "I've never enquired about the cost of seasonal pitches in France." I did notice that Jonquille definitely has seasonal pitches, but that's the only one I'm fairly sure about.

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.