Sign in to follow this  
barnowl

What Were Bailey Thinking With The Pegasus 4?

So we've spent 3 weekends looking at vans and it's been interesting!

Unicorn Valencia is the van that ticks most boxes and being slightly wider than the Pegasus Verona gives a more spacious feeling and longer front seats.

Made some phone calls to all the local to me dealers for some px prices which varied by about £1k.

Went this Saturday to the dealer that had an allegedly factory fresh 2017 model for a looking to find it on display. Couple of disappointments one being the big gap around the microwave showing the wiring, two the bathroom cupboard unfinished inside, just bare wood and staples ( is this right?). My partner came down to look and it was then we found out they hadn't put the rear stays down! Helluva bang as it bottomed out and another when it went back down on the jockey wheel! We left, not before noticing that someone had already ripped the cupboard catch off.

The plumbing on my Unicorn looks like a 6 year old has done it, in contrast when i looked under a swift bunk the plumbing was very neat and using good quality fixtures.

The water drain was also easily accessible unlike mine and the one on the U3 i looked at on launch.

I must say the TV bracket (altered slightly) in the Cadiz & now in my Rimini is a brilliant solution to what to do with tele! Once bracket fixed on back of TV it comes off/goes on via 1 knurled nut. Pulls out & twists around for viewing from Lounge or bedroom & on site, tucks out of the way so easily. Just uses up half a bookshelf! brilliant!

Does the Pegasus still come with a jack? That adds weight but is pretty essential really. ....

my 2010 came with ATC Trailer Control, 2 ALKO wheel locks, Jack, Shock Absorbers and a TV/DVD player as standard. ...

Is it a weight reduction feature

Its a wallet reduction feature

• Like 3

As the owner of a Pegasus GT65 Ancona which i'm selling i've spent the weekend looking at new vans with the Pegasus Verona at the top of the list.

What a disappointment. I've heard of cost cutting but come on Bailey.

Compared to mine

cheap blinds

no bbq point

chinese tyres

no shock absorbers

no alko atc

no alko wheel lock

and probably other things I didn't notice.

Swift dealer next weekend I think, see if their any better

You are being a bit negative, don't forget the wonderful roof join they throw in for free.

Of course Bailey don't really do dealers specials though some dealers market the upgraded Pursuits with sunroof as Pursuit Plus, though they don't change the exterior decals.

Yes they do!

Check here: http://www. ropersleisure. co. uk/shop/caravans/bailey_jive. html

You are being a bit negative, don't forget the wonderful roof join they throw in for free.

Yes they do!

Check here: http://www. ropersleisure. co. uk/shop/caravans/bailey_jive. html

OK, Bailey's have just started doing a dealer special at one dealership where they appear not to be able to muster a single picture of the dealer special interior. Some dealers have promoted the standard product with different names but not even a decal change.

Swift charge you extra for Alde heating in the Challenger range which seems a bit tongue in cheek to me. Its almost saying that the blown air we fit as standard isn't really good enough so give us another £800 and we will sort it for you.

Swift charge you extra for Alde heating in the Challenger range which seems a bit tongue in cheek to me. Its almost saying that the blown air we fit as standard isn't really good enough so give us another £800 and we will sort it for you.

The blown air is fine -we have it in our Coachman. I like a manufacturer who gives you a choice. Never had a Swift but will look at them at the NEC in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Not sure what this contributes to this thread

Nothing, there are a few thousand of these Caravans with no issues.

• Like 1

Ordered a Unicorn Valencia as it was the one that ticked the most boxes, delivery mid November

Nothing, there are a few thousand of these Caravans with no issues.

Lol, I would have thought that huge hole in the side called a door would have caused more structural weakness than a window that's a bit bigger!

• Like 1

Ordered a Unicorn Valencia as it was the one that ticked the most boxes, delivery mid November

Lol, I would have thought that huge hole in the side called a door would have caused more structural weakness than a window that's a bit bigger!

Not only that but I've mostly heard of complaints about the surrounding trim coming unstuck in hot weather rather than structural issues around the big window. Indeed I've heard more complaints of Lunar windows deforming in the heat than issues with the Bailey big window. And if it was a structural problem I suspect we'd all be wanting smaller, rather than larger Heki roof lights and such.

Not only that but I've mostly heard of complaints about the surrounding trim coming unstuck in hot weather rather than structural issues around the big window. Indeed I've heard more complaints of Lunar windows deforming in the heat than issues with the Bailey big window. And if it was a structural problem I suspect we'd all be wanting smaller, rather than larger Heki roof lights and such.

,Despite the doom mongers when they first introduced it. Along with the prediction of leaks and collapses when towing. There have not been any reports of such failures or problems.

The trim problem was bubbling in hot conditions that was identified early on and a modified surround introduced. It is just a trim panel and a simple remove and bin old. Connect lights and fit new.

Edited by Alan Stanley

OK, a dealer special at one dealership where they appear not to be able to muster a single picture of the dealer special interior.

I think there is a reason.

AGT_3798_10cms_0.jpg?itok=AKzVAzRr

Yup, thats the reason.

(might be okay if your a Goth)

Wood used in the construction so out of the question for me.

That's the difference in managing water ingress to preventing water ingress. :blink:

Which one will out last the other . ... ??

Edited by Silverback

,Despite the doom mongers when they first introduced it. Along with the prediction of leaks and collapses when towing. There have not been any reports of such failures or problems.

The trim problem was bubbling in hot conditions that was identified early on and a modified surround introduced. It is just a trim panel and a simple remove and bin old. Connect lights and fit new.

Well as in Simon Mayo's "Drive Time Show" three word challenge . ..

"Head In Sand" :D:D:D

And your right it has caused problems . ... http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/114510-bailey-unicorn-cadiz-cracked-side-wall/ ;)

Rejoice in your caravan and enjoy the pleasure it gives . .. but its pointless trying to undermined and ridicule other folks with genuine problems however small in volume you think they are.

Start another topic in the reliability and happiness your purchase brings to you and your family but let the unfavord ones at least tell their story with truth, honesty and honour until they fully recover from their depression and finally purchase a Swift :lol: :lol:

Edited by Silverback
  • Like 1

The door is in the side whereas the front window intrudes into the stiff(ening) roof.

I was just quoting one of the two caravan repairers who have commented on this window design to me.

That's the difference in managing water ingress to preventing water ingress. :blink:

Which one will out last the other . ... ??

Again quoting two caravan repairers.

The trouble with the new composites are you cannot check for dampness with a dampness meter!

At least with traditional wood you can find the dampness easily.

It would appear that the repairers are running hard to catch up with the new construction methods?

Speaking of Swifts

Our 2007 Swift Challenger 540 has been with us now for four years.

The only downside for The Wife is making the fixed bed up tucking the bedsheet in on the fixed bed at the wall!

The joys of being 70 with a touch of athritis!

Again quoting our repair guys

"if you buy a caravan with the heater over the wheel you can expect trouble!"

How right they are!!

However I have finally almost got my front shedding Truma to cease its rocking and rolling.

Getting a lateral fixed bed Swift Conqueror or similar for 2017.

The Wife has decreed it and so it will happen.

Well as in Simon Mayo's "Drive Time Show" three word challenge . ..

"Head In Sand" :D:D:D

And your right it has caused problems . ... http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/114510-bailey-unicorn-cadiz-cracked-side-wall/ ;)

Rejoice in your caravan and enjoy the pleasure it gives . .. but its pointless trying to undermined and ridicule other folks with genuine problems however small in volume you think they are.

Start another topic in the reliability and happiness your purchase brings to you and your family but let the unfavord ones at least tell their story with truth, honesty and honour until they fully recover from their depression and finally purchase a Swift :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I was unaware that I had ridiculed or undermined anyone in this post???? Are you confusing me with someone else?

Sorry, I was unaware that I had ridiculed or undermined anyone in this post???? Are you confusing me with someone else?

Hmmmm . .. Don't think so :)

But I'm open to suggestions ;)

Edited by Silverback

Hmmmm . .. Don't think so :)

But I'm open to suggestions ;)

An apology.

I am very sorry if I have offended anyone on this thread as Silverback has suggested it was certainly not meant . I started this thread as a dig at Bailey for cost cutting with the new Pegasus 4, I am still unaware where I've ridiculed anyone who has had problems with their van, believe me I have my fair share of problems with caravans and it is very upsetting.

So please accept my apologies.

An apology.

I am very sorry if I have offended anyone on this thread as Silverback has suggested it was certainly not meant . I started this thread as a dig at Bailey for cost cutting with the new Pegasus 4, I am still unaware where I've ridiculed anyone who has had problems with their van, believe me I have my fair share of problems with caravans and it is very upsetting.

Actually I'll apologise for the fact that you feel the need to apologise . .. ;)

Edited by Silverback

An apology.

You haven't offened me. Probably just one person who enjoys insulting people.

Use the option of bolcking posts as i do.

• Like 1