Avante 564 Rear Shell Split Again

Rbrown3

Result Elddis have agreed to do another repair as the crack was discovered 4th Sept 2016 rear shell fitted 28th Sept 2015 so as it is less than a year from replacement then I am a very lucky person, and all thanks to the effort of CUSTOMER care at Elddis. But I do not have faith in the build so if I was to change it in for another type what should I go for, think the build quality is poor on a lot and I have heard that quite a few repairers will not do warranty work, it is not worth the hassel

Hyundia Black IX35 Premium Towing a Fleetwood Crystal 148 5S 1987 Year Now Towing a Elddis Chatsworth (Avante) 564

there is also a clause in the law that states you can make the dealer collect the caravan on any warranty claim. not servicing or the like.

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

Result Elddis have agreed to do another repair as the crack was discovered 4th Sept 2016 rear shell fitted 28th Sept 2015 so as it is less than a year from replacement then I am a very lucky person, and all thanks to the effort of CUSTOMER care at Elddis. But I do not have faith in the build so if I was to change it in for another type what should I go for, think the build quality is poor on a lot and I have heard that quite a few repairers will not do warranty work, it is not worth the hassel

Do you have a friendly contact at Customer Care? They very politely turned down my request for another repair on my 2013 Avante based dealer special. Thanks.

Do you have a friendly contact at Customer Care? They very politely turned down my request for another repair on my 2013 Avante based dealer special. Thanks.

What is the problem with yours, and did they give a reason for not authorising the repair

Hyundia Black IX35 Premium Towing a Fleetwood Crystal 148 5S 1987 Year Now Towing a Elddis Chatsworth (Avante) 564

As your contract is with the selling dealer, the fact they have not serviced or carried out any repairs is going to be a very hard job for you to get them to cough up. How does anybody know if the dealer who replaced the rear panel did a proper job, how can you prove it. I fear you will have to put this one down to experience, get a repair done and trade in with a LOCAL dealer.

Just my opinion of course

• Like 1

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

It was Nicole at Elddis, I asked what could be done and as the repair was less than 1 ago Elddis felt that the panel was faulty, my repairer was going to see if they could fit a plastic boot over crack.

• Like 1

What is the problem with yours, and did they give a reason for not authorising the repair

Thanks for your, and others, replies.

Our rear panel was replaced in 2013 after cracks appeared at the top, and that lasted until Sept this year when same problem occurred. Customer Care says it's out of warranty and I understand that to some extent.

What annoys me is that there's no guidance or advice about what to do to prevent reoccurrence. When it was first replaced we were told that re-profiling the structure beneath the rear panel, and new design of rear panel, would fix the problem. Clearly this wasn't the correct diagnosis of the root cause. So I'm reluctant to spend any money on a repair that might not last very long.

I know others have given advice about Sale of Goods and Small Claims court etc, but to be honest life is too complicated at the moment with clearing and selling mum's home to pay for her ongoing care. Caravanning is supposed to be stress release from the rest of life, not the cause!

So waterproof tape will be the solution for now.

Edited by MillieDog

Thanks for your, and others, replies.

Our rear panel was replaced in 2013 after cracks appeared at the top, and that lasted until Sept this year when same problem occurred. Customer Care says it's out of warranty and I understand that to some extent.

What annoys me is that there's no guidance or advice about what to do to prevent reoccurrence. When it was first replaced we were told that re-profiling the structure beneath the rear panel, and new design of rear panel, would fix the problem. Clearly this wasn't the correct diagnosis of the root cause. So I'm reluctant to spend any money on a repair that might not last very long.

I know others have given advice about Sale of Goods and Small Claims court etc, but to be honest life is too complicated at the moment with clearing and selling mum's home to pay for her ongoing care. Caravanning is supposed to be stress release from the rest of life, not the cause!

So waterproof tape will be the solution for now.

I strongly suggest that you write to the dealership pointing out that it is thier responsibility to do the repair as it is an inherent fault under Sale of Goods Act and ask them what they are going to do about it. Also request or insist that they reply by letter. Once you have done this you have a paper trail and can then pursue it at a later date. If you leave it too long, you may then end up seriously out of pcoket.

if this is a acidental crack then why not approach your insurance. obviously they too will try to back out, but they will give a answer as they will have a legal dept to deal with such claims. when they turn this down they will have to give a reason. then this will be armour for a court if it went that far.

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

I can not believe that they are still making these substandard caravans . and front and rear panels cracking . front lockers that also crack. floors that delaminate and bow and bounce when you walk over them. I feel for all you guys with these problems I had all these in my 2013 avante along with noisy heater poor Ariel then to Finnish me off awoken by drips from the heki roof light while I was in bed dealers we're useless but contacted the factory who had authorised the floor problem to be sorted by supporting with two small box sections beneath the floor it did not last more than five moths before the problems resurfaced the factory gave me the option too have the van collected rebuild and returned. I was so disappointed with this van after previously owning five of there vans four new and one only a year old when purchased I still like the elddis design and decor but I am so glad that I did not take them up on there offer and had most off my hard earned cash returned to me. my advice pay your deposits with credit card or take out a bit of finance as fall back, as the dealers will all ways try to get out off there obligations . Chris

• 1 year later...

Hi All

I have an 2013 Elddis Avante and I had cracking in 2015 that was replaced in 2016 - it has returned in 2017!  Elddis are refusing to replace and it would cost me £4K.   I would like to get together a consortium together to challenge Elddis - anyone interested PM me. 

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.