Sign in to follow this  
stevew1

Low Water Pressure , One Tap Only

I have mentioned this problem on ' Lunar Ultima so far ' but to reach a wider audience & hopefully an answer I'll post on this thread,

I have recently changed the hot water non return valve on the Alde heater in my van & now I have got very little hot water pressure at the tap in the washroom. The shower in the same washroom has ample pressure as has the kitchen tap, cold water pressure is ideal at all three taps, any ideas gratefully received, thanks.

Have you cleaned the filter on the end of the tap? If the end of the tap has at least one flat side/edge it can be removed and inside you'll find some filters. Soak in vinegar and scrub with a toothbrush. You'll be amazed what difference it will make.

post-27422-0-38649900-1471717948_thumb.jpg

post-27422-0-63976900-1471718087_thumb.jpg

post-27422-0-58276900-1471718143_thumb.jpg

Edited by maginnis
  • Like 1

Or even chuck the filter away as they are a pain in the neck.

Have you cleaned the filter on the end of the tap? If the end of the tap has at least one flat side/edge it can be removed and inside you'll find some filters. Soak in vinegar and scrub with a toothbrush. You'll be amazed what difference it will make.

attachicon.gif20151219_192613. jpg

attachicon.gif20151219_192618. jpg

Thanks for that, just been out & took the filter out the tap, pretty clean but connected whale pump to a bucket of water & tried without filter in, still same result, dribble on hot water & very strong on cold, will check the pipe work out tomorrow if it's not raining.

have you tried putting the tap on hot only closing all other taps but leaving drain open and blowing down it in cast any debris in the pipe . If you have a aquaroll hose filler i think the bit that fits to the tap will hold over the spowt if you know what i mean.

• Like 1

have you tried putting the tap on hot only closing all other taps but leaving drain open and blowing down it in cast any debris in the pipe . If you have a aquaroll hose filler i think the bit that fits to the tap will hold over the spowt if you know what i mean.

What a star Loz, give yourself a big pat on the back .

I never thought of blowing air up the tap like that, when I looked under the sink & saw that the shower & sink hot water supply shared the same U valve I realised that the fault must be between the tap & the U valve, the shower hot supply being ok . I removed the hot supply to the tap & noticed a white ball in the brass fitting, to verify if this was normal I removed the cold supply pipe & that was clear, using the Aquaroll pipe as Loz suggested I blew down the tap with the cold open & had a perfect jet of air, moving the tap over to hot gave hardly anything, a harder blow gave the white plastic ball in my hand. I can only assume that it is part of the Alde hot water non return valve that disintegrated the other week, I did get some material like thick cling film out of the old valve & wondered at the time if there was anything else belonging to it, now we know !!.

I'll post a few pictures of the action for anyone else with a similar problem. I seem to spend quite a few weekends fixing problems on my van at the moment, could almost be a Lunar service engineer. post-44915-0-58937300-1471788493_thumb.jpegpost-44915-0-21297000-1471788519_thumb.jpegpost-44915-0-69645700-1471788559_thumb.jpeg

Thanks also to Maginnis for taking the time to help with the problem.

post-44915-0-28173900-1471788644_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi!

Anyone seen my moth ball? I left it somewhere. ....

It was you was it ??? Grrrrrrrrr.

Glad it's sorted

• Like 1