Is This The Ultimate Rig?

Towing our van back yesterday I glanced to opposite carriageway and saw a Porsche car towing a large silver bullet airstream,i did notice the van had three wheels on each side,I think it was a saloon type Porsche but only had a glance.

I wonder if it had a chauffeur in a peaked cap!

• Like 1

Towing our van back yesterday I glanced to opposite carriageway and saw a Porsche car towing a large silver bullet airstream,i did notice the van had three wheels on each side,I think it was a saloon type Porsche but only had a glance.

Porsche Cayenne SUV maybe?

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

It would be near the ultimate with the V10 diesel but the Bentley would still black cat it :lol:

It would be near the ultimate with the V10 diesel but the Bentley would still black cat it :lol:

The VW 5. 0 V10 TDi is only 346 bhp - the Audi 6. 0 V12 TDi is 493 bhp - the Bentley 6. 0 W12 TSi is 600.

I wonder if there are ANY type approved tow bars for a Bentley!!

Andy

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Andy

The Bentley Bentayga can tow 3,500 kg - just like the VW Touareg, Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne that share it's platform.

Edited by Black Grouse

Green Outfit - Quiet Quality.jpgLink

Type approved towbar or not, it appears that a Rolls Royce / Bentley is perfectly capable of towing a Carlight caravan.

Gordon.

• Like 2

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk.

attachicon.gifGreen Outfit - Quiet Quality. jpg Link

Type approved towbar or not, it appears that a Rolls Royce / Bentley is perfectly capable of towing a Carlight caravan.

Gordon.

But he only tows about 35 mph and gets single figure mpg. If he is going to a National that's a bit far from home the whole lot goes on a low loader.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

But he only tows about 35 mph and gets single figure mpg. If he is going to a National that's a bit far from home the whole lot goes on a low loader.

Ian

Few Rolls-Royces or Bentleys of that era got double figure mpg solo anyway.

The car in Gordon's thumbnail is a Bentley S2 Continental Coupe by Mulliner (about '61-62)

Andy

Yes, you simply remove one of the City umbrellas from its holder and wedge it in the boot and it doubles up as a towbar. They've thought of everything you know.

• Like 1

Andy

VW Phaeton . .. a Bentley wearing different clothes . .. I know of one that tows a caravan on a regular basis . .. :D

Panamera ?

The VW 5. 0 V10 TDi is only 346 bhp - the Audi 6. 0 V12 TDi is 493 bhp - the Bentley 6. 0 W12 TSi is 600.

One of my brothers has a VW Touareg W12 as well as an old but immaculate BMW 7 series V12. He just likes big engines having spent a lot of his life at sea as a 2nd engineer on ships.

One of my brothers has a VW Touareg W12 as well as an old but immaculate BMW 7 series V12. He just likes big engines having spent a lot of his life at sea as a 2nd engineer on ships.

I'd hate to pay his servicing/maintenance/repair bills - but given his career perhaps they're "therapy" when not working!

Or his fuel bill !!!!

Andy

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

• 1 month later...

Doesn't everyone agree the Bentley Bentayga is just awful to look at. It has a Q7 body with huge ugly swage lines to square off the wheel arches. The grill looks like it fell on it. Dreadful design. I don't doubt it's well put together blah blah blah, but just like it's interbred cousin the Porsche it's looks are an insurmountable problem for me. I just can't believe the people at VW signed off the Bentayga at the design stage. It's hideous!

• Like 1

Doesn't everyone agree the Bentley Bentayga is just awful to look at. It has a Q7 body with huge ugly swage lines to square off the wheel arches. The grill looks like it fell on it. Dreadful design. I don't doubt it's well put together blah blah blah, but just like it's interbred cousin the Porsche it's looks are an insurmountable problem for me. I just can't believe the people at VW signed off the Bentayga at the design stage. It's hideous!

I can't disagree - I think Bentley styling is generally very understated, just right, but I cringe a bit at the Bentayga - the Cayenne suffers from trying to make a SUV look like a 911 and the Q7 is just out of proportion - there's only one good looking SUV in VW Group . .... but I would say that!

• Like 2

I think it looks a beast what a perfect combination, one of those pulling Roma caravan, that'd be a bit of class :)

That would be a lot of class

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I also like the "other Bentley's" but the Bent Aga is as it's name suggests. I crossed into Europe this year whilst following some young people in one on Eurotunnel so had some time to look it up and down. I also sat in one at a local car dealership and the interior was incredibly bling/drug dealer with quilted leather seats et al. The price tag was £186,000! Bentley used to be made with an eye on taste but this one takes that view and just kicks that idea right in the icon_censored.gif.

Polar opposite, today travelling up M6 to Scotland, passed a HILLMAN IMP towing a RAPIDO folding 'van! The Imp looked immaculate in Royal blue, although I recall that being a colour for Imps back in the day!

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

I can't disagree - I think Bentley styling is generally very understated, just right, but I cringe a bit at the Bentayga - the Cayenne suffers from trying to make a SUV look like a 911 and the Q7 is just out of proportion - there's only one good looking SUV in VW Group . .... but I would say that!

Go on I'll say it for you, . ................ The Tiguan. :)

Everything goes to Entropy . ......... In this world.

Go on I'll say it for you, . ................ The Tiguan. :)

Your spelling is rubbish!