2016 Swift Sprite Tv Aerial

We have bought a 2016 Swift Sprite Major SB caravan and the TV Ariel is not the usual directional Status which we have on our motorhome but a circular flat type not unlike the old type status ariel but without the point .

I have my doubts how good these will be but as its a budget caravan I suppose Swift have to cost cut somewhere .

Do any other Forum members have one of these new 2016 Sprite's and if so how do you find the TV ariel performs

2019  Pilote Pacific 650 GJ  sensation for European touring

2018 Bailey Unicorn Cadiz towed by a 2018 Kia Sportage GT Line s Auto 182bhp

for the UK

We have bought a 2016 Swift Sprite Major SB caravan and the TV Ariel is not the usual directional Status which we have on our motorhome but a circular flat type not unlike the old type status ariel but without the point .

I have my doubts how good these will be but as its a budget caravan I suppose Swift have to cost cut somewhere .

Do any other Forum members have one of these new 2016 Sprite's and if so how do you find the TV ariel performs

Yep we have the same, but the dealers special. It auto set up a treat!!!

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

Yep we have the same, but the dealers special. It auto set up a treat!!!

Good !! that makes me feel a bit better, the dealer assures me they work well so were collecting it just before the Bank Holiday weekend so will see how it performs

• Like 1

for the UK

Good !! that makes me feel a bit better, the dealer assures me they work well so were collecting it just before the Bank Holiday weekend so will see how it performs

No problems so far with ours. . I miss the split door we had on the other one but apart from that, nothing, we're over the moon!!

• Like 1

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

from customer feedback so far it has all been positive, I also to had my doubts (knowing what the previous fixed type status aerials are like!) but so far I have been proved wrong!

• 1 year later...

Bought a swift classic pirouette with this aerial (shakespeare) last August 2016. Its rubbish anywhere we have been. Spoke to dealer and he told us swift had gone with a cheaper aerial on these and are rubbish. Had to buy a vision plus pole aerial and works perfectly. Did think it was area we were in but previous van was fine as we go to the same place a lot of times. We are now going down the route of having the vision aerial that can be lifted and turned put on the van.

As with any omnidirectional aerial, it will work in good reception locations very well indeed.

In borderline reception locations it may not, while a directional aerial will probably be fine.

In poor reception locations, neither may work.

'tis the nature of TV broadcasting!

Retail price of an omni Status 330 is £95, a directional 570 £147 (inc VAT).. So to save Swift a few quid the end user is given a much inferior product.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

We had our Sprite TV ariel changed for a vision plus directional as the original was rubbish and only worked in strong signal areas

post-56833-0-59736900-1503391764_thumb.jpg

for the UK

But I don't think the Sprite aerial is an Omni Status, is it?

How are you defining "much inferior"?

Price just an example of the caravan makers savings. (Fitting will come into it as well?)

Much inferior = one that don't work where others do.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Price just an example of the caravan makers savings. (Fitting will come into it as well?)

Much inferior = one that don't work where others do.

Thanks, I just wanted to find out whether it was based on experience of the aerial in question (like Foghorn Leghorn. , Fireman Ian, myself and LozzyF).

• 1 month later...

We bought a 2017 special edition, fitted with this shakespeare aerial, absolute rubbish, picture freezing all the time, we are permanently sited,  never had a problem with Status directional one

Got to be honest, our 2017 dealer special Sprite has the shakespeare spaceship aerial, and ours works just as good as the status directional aerial on our previous van. In fact it's about the only item on this van that we haven't had trouble with. That's done it, I've probably cursed it now. Soon find out, we're off on Monday for a week, last trip this year.

I was right about the aerial, it still works. The rest of the van however is a different story, just got back from a week away, and I've got to get in touch with the dealer again with yet another list of faults. We've had enough of this van, it is without doubt the worst van we have ever had.

On 10/20/2017 at 11:27, mark41 said:

We bought a 2017 special edition, fitted with this shakespeare aerial, absolute rubbish, picture freezing all the time, we are permanently sited,  never had a problem with Status directional one

I take it you have a Bard signal with your Shakespear Aerial   ;)

• Haha 1

Les