Senator 5 Loo Flush

paulvlangford

Hi all

Just returned from a few days away with our senator series 5 Oklahoma

The loo has stopped sending pink rinse when the flush button is de-pressed.

The unit makes the usual noise and the pink flush reservoir is full (have made double sure)

But no rinse comes thru to the loo bowl

Any ideas from you folks ? Apart from the obvious - use the site loo!!!!

I have had this on our Senator Arizona Series 5 after the pink had run dry.

Is it possible you have an air lock in there somewhere?

Not sure how to fix it other than maybe manoeuvring the 'van to see if any air lock can be broken?

HTH. G

There are several videos on you tube for the different types of flush repairs, if you go on and input your model there may be a one that will help.

Sounds like your pump has seized due to the awful black bits that appear in some flush additives, I had the same problem with my flush pump (Senator 5 also) It is an easy fix and can be purchased as a complete kit from most spares outlets with full instructions.

BMW X5 followed by a 2014 Lunar Delta RS

I stopped using pink a while ago, as I found some brands promoted the black growth.

OP - as others have said, prize open the panel around the button. You'll have to fish the pump out. If you're lucky you'll be able to release the impeller, perhaps with a biro. If unlucky, you'll have to replace the pump.

OP states the system is making the usual noise when the button is pressed which to me means the pump is actually running.

So its either that the impeller has come off the pump = new pump needed.

Or it could be that the pipe has come of the pump & just needs pushing back on.

To get to the pump you have to gently prise the housing (around the blue button) free from its sealant. That exposes a plate held in with screws. Remove this plate. Then the pump, and pipes can be released from the flush tank & removed for inspection.

Fitting a new pump means cutting the wires to the old one & crimping the wires to the new one. When I did mine I soldered them instead. Mine is also a S5 Oklahoma.

The above is what I was thinking.

If the motor is making the usual sound, it surely can't be seized.

When mine seized, no sound at all and the fuse stayed intact.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare if the truth be known ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em