Free Tickets To The NEC Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show - October 2016

Gordon

Be good if they could email a ticket to everyone at this late stage. Some people could be going away early in their vans and won't be home to collect the ticket. At least if it's emailed you can always arrange to print it somewhere.

Edited by Glen and Les

Would be very useful as I am away on Sunday and have made arrangements to go on Tuesday.

Be good if they could email a ticket to everyone at this late stage. Some people could be going away early in their vans and won't be home to collect the ticket. At least if it's emailed you can always arrange to print it somewhere.

That is a brilliant Idea Glen, lets hope NCC are monitoring this thread and do exactly that.

Hi folks, I've sent all of your contacts over to the NCC. They should be in touch with you soon to sort out the tickets!

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Hi folks, I've sent all of your contacts over to the NCC. They should be in touch with you soon to sort out the tickets!

But I thought this had already been done and two reminders sent? This is turning into a farce. I only hope that NCC eventually issue the tickets via email which might guarantee that they arrive in time.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

Always good to see new models but mostly I'm looking forward to looking at accessories this time.

Thanks Ben

Its a pity they are not as competent as you guys. I am looking at Wednesday so hopefully NCC will get their act together and get their emails out for the winners addresses so we will get the free tickets in time.

Thanks again CT

Paul

But I thought this had already been done and two reminders sent? This is turning into a farce. I only hope that NCC eventually issue the tickets via email which might guarantee that they arrive in time.

To clarify the situation:-

We closed the competition on at midnight on Friday 9th September. I ran a randomiser program the following morning to determine the winners and emailed the results to CT-HQ.

On 26th September I received confirmation that the NCC team had received the results, therefore I announced the winner's names on 27th September (in post #79 of this thread) and did the same for winners of the other competition that we ran via the Motorhome Talk forum.

I have since sent two email reminders to chase things up but still await confirmation that tickets have been dispatched.

I have to apologise on behalf of the forum for the delay in getting tickets to the winners. In previous years where we have sent out tickets ourselves, however this year they are being distributed directly, so this morning I have sent another email to try and gee things up.

I promise that we are doing our best to get these tickets to you ASAP but unfortunately the change of procedure clearly has its flaws.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I promise that we are doing our best to get these tickets to you ASAP but unfortunately the change of procedure clearly has its flaws.

Gordon.

I have no doubt that this situation is not the fault of anyone at CT. There is now little chance that any tickets issued by second class mail would arrive in time. Still not a word from NCC. Luckily I've got my Caravan Club form for Tuesday, so won't worry too much about NCC getting their act together.

Thanks for your efforts, I rarely win anything, so got quite excited about this - should have known better!

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

. .. but still await confirmation that tickets have been dispatched.

:Thankyou: I appreciate your efforts to manage this situation.

Since NCC haven't even made email contact to request postal details to forward tickets, this will still take some days to resolve. :unsure:

I have won tickets from CT before and they were mailed out almost immediately. The new procedure is ridiculous. As I mentioned before, get them to email the tickets to the winners - that's how you get them if you buy them online.

:Thankyou: I appreciate your efforts to manage this situation.

Since NCC haven't even made email contact to request postal details to forward tickets, this will still take some days to resolve. :unsure:

True Rob,

I can not see them coming before Tuesday (for Wed morning show) I have had problems with our mail now for months so I will be very surprised if they will be here in time. :(

Thanks for your efforts CT

You win some then you loose some

Paul

Edited by kiaboy

May be NCC will be in a position to send them out ready for next year and be proactive :D

The tickets will be available for all winners on the door!

Sorry for the delay, the person from the NCC's team who was going to contact you has been off sick and the message got missed.

Those named all have won and the tickets will be available from the press office on the day. Hopefully they will be in touch directly, if they haven't already. ..

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Sorry for the delay, the person from the NCC's team who was going to contact you has been off sick and the message got missed.

Those named all have won and the tickets will be available from the press office on the day. Hopefully they will be in touch directly, if they haven't already. ..

TBH

I don't like the idea of travelling down then possibly told sorry we do not have any tickets for you, I will only drive down if they email to confirm, so I have proof, can that be done please?????

What about CT forum members who have won "Free" tickets are contacted by CT as some might not check into the forum now or can CT let winners have the NCC email address to contact them? Where is the Press office??

Edited by kiaboy

So one person at the NCC goes sick and it all falls apart! Nobody nominated to pick up their (presumably important) work. Just confirms my opinion that the NCC are all about manufacturers and the end customer matters little. And, no, just two working days before the show, I have still heard nothing. I'm going anyway but hold little hope that my free ticket will be available as I'll be leaving here early on Monday.

Thanks anyway to CT - I know you tried and it would have been a nice bonus.

John M

Where is the Press office??

The organisers's office is adjacent to the Hall 17 entrance so I presume that is where the tickets will be held. When you receive your email from the NCC I suggest you print this as proof of identity when you collect your free tickets. See the floor-plan below and Halls 17 and 18 are at the bottom right.

Gordon.

http://www. motorhomeandcaravanshow. co. uk/__media/OCT-2016-FINAL-MASTER. PDF

NEC 2016-1.jpg

NEC 2016-2.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

The organisers's office is adjacent to the Hall 17 entrance so I presume that is where the tickets will be held. When you receive your email from the NCC I suggest you print this as proof of identity when you collect your free tickets. See the floor-plan below and Halls 17 and 18 are at the bottom right.

Gordon.

http://www. motorhomeandcaravanshow. co. uk/__media/OCT-2016-FINAL-MASTER. PDF

attachicon.gifNEC 2016-1. jpg

attachicon.gifNEC 2016-2. jpg

Thanks Gordon,

No disrespects to CT Admin (who have done all they can to sort this out) but I will not be making the trip unless I get email from NCC confirming the tickets are there. I do hope they will offer free tickets to the winners next year as an apology But I will not hold my breath with the way they have performed so far.

Paul

Can you guarantee this? as yet they haven't. .

Wonder how many people will see this and take a few names from the winners list posted and go try it on to get free tickets from their press office. ....now there's an idea :P

Wonder how many people will see this and take a few names from the winners list posted and go try it on to get free tickets from their press office. ....now there's an idea :P

I would hope they have some security question like the email address to confirm before passing on the tickets

Just received email from MC S PR, confirming collection of tickets, so thanks to CT again

Paul

Just received mine as well. No doubt they will want to know email address as proof of identity

Yes just got mine. Thanks to CT and Motorhome Talk.

• Gordon unpinned this topic