Sign in to follow this  
Gordon

Older Vehicles Banned From Paris

I received the confirmation letter about three weeks ago but still no sign of the actual disc. Anybody else still waiting?

John M

It does seem a great shame that older vehicles are not recognised for their greenness.

Every time my old car goes through another MOT it is another new car that isn't being built.

The difference between the emissions my car may chuck out compared to the environmental impact of a new build, from raw materials to showroom floor (plus their subsequent emissions in use) must be either negligible or weighted in my car's favour.

Perhaps Paris should also pull down all its old draughty buildings which cost so much in energy to heat and rebuild a whole new shiny eco-city powered by solar and wind and be completely devoid of history, character and soul.

I will continue to drive about in my old 1980s car, dragging my older 1970s caravan with a clear conscience. . . and get the RER into Paris like I've always done.

Edited by Carl1

I received the confirmation letter about three weeks ago but still no sign of the actual disc. Anybody else still waiting?

John M

Five weeks still no disc.

penman

I've a Citroen DS (1967, not the modern one) and I can't now get to the Quai Andre Citroen in Paris where the damn thing was made!

• Like 1

Five weeks still no disc.

penman

Oh dear! Over 3 weeks for me since I got my invoice. Perhaps we'll have to wait the 6 weeks the newspapers were reporting last week, in spite of the 30 day promise on the French website.

Gordon

Edited by Geemac

It's arrived! Dropped through the letterbox this morning. Posted 2 days ago so they obviously have a strange priority order for despatching the stickers.

John M

I'm just bring this back into the current topics again as the clean air 'Crit Air' sticker is now required in a lot more areas.   Apparently whole departements have 'gone clean' or are going to do and will now require you to have a sticker.   This link explains which departements are affected and it now looks as if those of us who thought we didn't need a sticker because we don't go near cities may have to think again.

Obviously we'll all need to keep an eye out for high pollution levels too, so it's hope they are investing the money raised in some sort of 'flagging up' system for 'non-App users' which indicates pollution levels and which categories of vehicle are allowed in.

The website does admit (somewhere) that it's now difficult for non-residents (and I think it's addressed to people who don't live in a particular place) to work out just what is required where - so it's going to even more difficult for people just passing through on their holidays

Edited by ValA

Thanks Val. I'd previously assumed we'd be in the clear as we don't drive into cities but maybe not. I suppose I'd better get a sticker. .....