Sign in to follow this  
Gordon

Older Vehicles Banned From Paris

I applied on 12/2/2017 and have heard nothing as yet - but my credit card has been charged so I'm hoping that's a positive sign. I applied for a German sticker at the same time which came through within days - perhaps it's because the French scheme is new and they've got a lot of applications?

John M

I applied on 12/2/2017 and have heard nothing as yet - but my credit card has been charged so I'm hoping that's a positive sign. I applied for a German sticker at the same time which came through within days - perhaps it's because the French scheme is new and they've got a lot of applications?

John M

I applied over a week earlier, still not received anything yet,except for transaction information. . They took the money on 4/2/2017.

I guess no-one will have received anything yet as it takes the French 30 DAYS to enter it onto their computer system.

Perhaps that is why you cannot query no-delivery until after 30 days after your application?

I applied on 2nd February and my bank account shows the fee on 2nd February.

The first place to introduce the vignette was Paris on 1st January but it will not apply to non-French registrations until 1st April so perhaps they are not coping with French demand and are holding back on foreign applications?

I need mine for first week of April :(

I guess no-one will have received anything yet as it takes the French 30 DAYS to enter it onto their computer system.

I received the ones for our French registered cars within a week.

Knowing the French, they are probably dealing with French applications first.

Received an email today with a letter & pdf confirmation that the certificate has been granted. The actual certificate is to follow by post. Result.

John M

Received an email today with a letter & pdf confirmation that the certificate has been granted. The actual certificate is to follow by post. Result.

John M

Just received an email as millerhouse12. Certificate approved and on its way. My certificate is a CRIT'air 2.

I wasn't sure I actually needed one, but just arranged a visit to France which will necessitate a journey around the Paris Peripherique, so having the certificate is a necessity in case I have to divert towards the centre of Paris. This visit is not with the caravan.

John.

Edited by John19

Applied on 2/2/2017 and had an e-mail tonight at 20. 00 confirming my CRIT'air 2 for my Motorhome

John M

Same here, exactly a month since ordered.

I reduce my pics by opening them in Picasa (free download) then using the Export tab & saving from there. Never failed yet with a little tuning with the slider for size.

Very sad to advise - for those that don't already know - that Google have retired Picasa. It can still be downloaded from other sites such as FileHippo but there is no support for it and you cannot upload your pictures to PicasaWeb to share with others.

Applied on 2/2/2017 and had an e-mail tonight at 20. 00 confirming my CRIT'air 2 for my Motorhome

I ordered my sticker yesterday.

The French site now has an English translation if you need it.

I was charged €4. 80

Today I received an email (in French) with an attached receipt. Basically the email tells me that a receipt is attached to the response which I can use until the actual sticker arrived. The sticker itself will be posted soon.

Very sad to advise - for those that don't already know - that Google have retired Picasa. It can still be downloaded from other sites such as FileHippo but there is no support for it and you cannot upload your pictures to PicasaWeb to share with others.

Oh no - I had no idea. I suppose I wouldn't have noticed as I've had it installed for years, but thanks for the update.

Perhaps that is why you cannot query no-delivery until after 30 days after your application?

I've just read that there have been 5,000,000+ issued to French cars and another 1,000,000+ are outstanding.

As the receipt for payment has a temporary vignette we may be waiting quite sometime yet.

Thanks John,

My V5C file is 208. 4Kb as a . jpg and is 614 X 872 at a resolution of 75 dpi and is too big.

I guess I could do with a 50 dpi setting but I can't find it

Still stuck . ..

I scanned mine as a PDF which is one of the formats they accept and saved it using Epson scan with max. compression. It came out at around 200kb and uploaded with no problem.

I applied on 2nd February and my bank account shows the fee on 2nd February.

The first place to introduce the vignette was Paris on 1st January but it will not apply to non-French registrations until 1st April so perhaps they are not coping with French demand and are holding back on foreign applications?

I need mine for first week of April :(

I got my email with the attached pdf invoice and cert today, I only applied a couple of days ago. So far no sign of anything being taken out of my account though.

I expected a bit of chew because I mistakenly applied for the cert. in my name despite the car being registered in my wifes name. Given the French propensity for awkwardness when not all the i's are dotted and t's crossed I was surprised they didn't query it with me but either they didn't spot it or they did and didn't care.

Thanks very much for all your helpful comments. Applications sent.

French Sticker turned up in the post this morning.

I'm probably more concerned about Lyon than Paris as I often take the autoroute straight through, which I assume will require said sticker. Best take a look I s'pose.

Edited by Tonyv

Ordered March 3rd arrived March 11th

Does it matter which side of the windscreen the sticker is positioned?

John.

Does it matter which side of the windscreen the sticker is positioned?

John.

It says on the back to the letter, bottom right.

• Like 1

I'm probably more concerned about Lyon than Paris as I often take the autoroute straight through, which I assume will require said sticker. Best take a look I s'pose.

Me too! And I guess, like me, you've seen the gendarmes at the tolls checking approaching motorists speed with hand held radar thingies. (Always worries me does that since even with caravan I've not slowed to posted limits approaching the toll!)

Doesn't take a massive leap of the imagination to replace radar guns with windscreen inspection does it!

It says on the back to the letter, bottom right.

Except that if you fit it bottom right it might be within the windscreen swept area and thus illegal in the UK.

Except that if you fit it bottom right it might be within the windscreen swept area and thus illegal in the UK.

It will probably invalidate your insurance as well.

Me too! And I guess, like me, you've seen the gendarmes at the tolls checking approaching motorists speed with hand held radar thingies. (Always worries me does that since even with caravan I've not slowed to posted limits approaching the toll!)

Doesn't take a massive leap of the imagination to replace radar guns with windscreen inspection does it!

Have driven through Slovenia where Police or maybe some other government agency, use binoculars to look for Vignette in vehicle windscreens.

John.