Sign in to follow this  
Gordon

Older Vehicles Banned From Paris

Prices for foreign-registered vehicles have not been set, however, to give you an idea they currently cost French residents 4 Euros (around £3. 50).

UK motorists will be able to apply online for a sticker via the official Crit’Air website from 1 February 2017.

From 31 March 2017, all foreign registered vehicles must display an appropriate sticker or face a fine.

The RAC is aware of non-official, third party websites selling Crit’Air vignettes for substantially more than the rate set by the French government – motorists should ensure they only buy a sticker through the official Crit’Air website.

Which is exactly what I said!

Which says that the fixed price is 3. 70 Euros plus postage costs which, in France, will be 4. 18Euros. I have described that as "a few Euros"

​Thank you for saying the same thing.

Anyone taking the trouble to read the site I posted will find all the details there! Which is why I said: "No point in going over the details here "

:unsure:

• Like 1

These towns are mulling over joining the scheme by 2020. ...

Avignon Faucigny, Glières, Bonneville

Arras Lille

Annemasse Le Havre

Bordeaux Montpellier

Cannes Reims

Clermont-Ferrand Rouen

Champlan Saint-Etienne

Côte Basque-Adour Strasbourg

Dunkerque Saint Maur-des-Fossés

Dijon Toulouse

Epernay Vallée de la Marne

I have just clicked the links on the post for the RAC website. On there it states "which costs as little as £3. 20" ! If you follow the link on the RAC site, to the official French website the price indicated is €29. 65 (£25. 34). A very big difference from £3. 20, or have I got it wrong?

Which is exactly what I said!

Which says that the fixed price is 3. 70 Euros plus postage costs which, in France, will be 4. 18Euros. I have described that as "a few Euros"

​Thank you for saying the same thing.

Anyone taking the trouble to read the site I posted will find all the details there! Which is why I said: "No point in going over the details here "

:unsure:

And I was trying to flag up this:

The RAC is aware of non-official, third party websites selling Crit’Air vignettes for substantially more than the rate set by the French government – motorists should ensure they only buy a sticker through the official Crit’Air website.

I have just clicked the links on the post for the RAC website. On there it states "which costs as little as £3. 20" ! If you follow the link on the RAC site, to the official French website the price indicated is €29. 65 (£25. 34). A very big difference from £3. 20, or have I got it wrong?

Le prix est fixé à 3,70 € auxquels s’ajoute le montant de l’acheminement par voie postale. Pour un envoi en France, cela revient à 4,18 €.

https://www. certificat-air. gouv. fr/demande/cgu

That is all I can find on the Official French website. I'm not clear where you get your figures from!

If you go to the link on the OP post.

http://www. rac. co. uk. ..-french-cities/

Then click on the link they have. “Online application” highlighted in orange. It takes you here.

https://www. crit-air. fr/nc/en/store. html#c18807. €29. 64.

I don’t understand, they say one thing then direct you to a higher priced site? Or as I said have I missed something?

Then click on the link they have. “Online application” highlighted in orange. It takes you here.

I don’t understand, they say one thing then direct you to a higher priced site? Or as I said have I missed something?

The site crit-air. fr is third party re-selling stickers (for many countries) and it is very naughty of the RAC to link to that site rather than the official one.

I have just ordered stickers for our French registered vehicles from the official site and can confirm that the cost is 4. 18€ per vehicle.

Edited by Lost in France
  • Like 1

Further down the RAC page there is a link to the official web site

'from 1 February at the official Crit’Air website (your search engine should let you translate the site to English).

Edited by Lost in France

Further down the RAC page there is a link to the official web site

'from 1 February at the official Crit’Air website (your search engine should let you translate the site to English).

Yes.

Which is exactly where I took my information from and quoted from in post 3 and post 9. Perhaps it was naive of me to, rather than copy and paste lots of details, direct readers to the site and expect them to find the information there for themselves.

As for scans of passports and the rest - surely that must be seen as a joke! (post 2)

Which is exactly where I took my information from and quoted from in post 3 and post 9.

Yes, the official site but there is also the link on the RAC page that David P found that takes you to the third party site who do indeed charge 29. 64€

As for scans of passports and the rest - surely that must be seen as a joke! (post 2)

Until the 1st of Feb when the official site of non-French vehicles starts, no-one knows.

This isn't going to end up like the breathalyser law of a couple of years ago?

I don't think a mate of Sarkozy's is making the stickers, so probably not.

+1

I was thinking the same. Just text a mate who lives in the Loire, asking his thoughts on it! I also thought about all the classic car rallies at Le Mans, where a lot of Brits tend to frequent, lost tourism, which will impact ferry routes etc?

The second link is not an official site but a German company cashing in. Follow the page to the bottom and click "contact" to reveal the detail. .

• Like 1

I have been to the official site, done the simulation and I need a yellow 2 sticker. When I apply and attach a scan copy of my V5, I will scan the Welsh version. ;)

• Like 1

I have been to the official site, done the simulation and I need a yellow 2 sticker. When I apply and attach a scan copy of my V5, I will scan the Welsh version. ;)

They will be dealing with many European language versions and the information required is in the same format whatever the language.

If the similar scheme running in Germany is anything to go by then nope! Both schemes are so cheap it's simply not worth taking a chance I don't think.

As with the German scheme you simply display the sticker on your windscreen and it lasts for life! Not yours, the vehicle's life! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to apply but have got problems trying to get my scanned V5 down below 200K. The message below won't let me go any further.

"Le justificatif d'immatriculation est obligatoire, de taille inférieure à 200 Ko et au format . png ou . jpg"

. ...file size less than 200Kb . ..

I've tried scanning at 200dpi but the file size is still about 1Gb. It's the first time I've had to do anything with images so would appreciate some numpty-level help. Any ideas anyone?

My V5C file is 162Kb as a . jpg and is 620 X 876 at a resolution of 75 dpi.

My request for a sticker is still being processed, but I assume that my application is OK.

Hope this helps.

John.

Thanks John,

My V5C file is 208. 4Kb as a . jpg and is 614 X 872 at a resolution of 75 dpi and is too big.

I guess I could do with a 50 dpi setting but I can't find it

Still stuck . ..

Thanks John,

My V5C file is 208. 4Kb as a . jpg and is 614 X 872 at a resolution of 75 dpi and is too big.

I guess I could do with a 50 dpi setting but I can't find it

Still stuck . ..

If you have a digital camera with a macro capability take a picture as close as you can at 640x480 - that will work.

My V5C file is 162Kb as a . jpg and is 620 X 876 at a resolution of 75 dpi.

My request for a sticker is still being processed, but I assume that my application is OK.

Hope this helps.

John.

My application was sent on 2nd February and I have heard nothing since. I filled in "Brand" with the make and the following line (what did it request?) with model and I reduced my V5C to under 200Kb.

The application wording has now been changed to "Marque" for make and " nom commercial du modele" for model (although "gamme" is the usual description used). I now wonder if they have been getting earlier applications that do not conform because the French can be very punctilious about form filling and a minefield (pun) of terminology. !

The site has a tracking link but it seems to be for French applications only.

Edited by beejay

On the application they ask for no. of series,what are they asking for?

I'm trying to apply but have got problems trying to get my scanned V5 down below 200K. The message below won't let me go any further.

"Le justificatif d'immatriculation est obligatoire, de taille inférieure à 200 Ko et au format . png ou . jpg"

. ...file size less than 200Kb . ..

I've tried scanning at 200dpi but the file size is still about 1Gb. It's the first time I've had to do anything with images so would appreciate some numpty-level help. Any ideas anyone?

Did you get it sorted about file size! The scan you could have imported it into Windows paint, if you are a windows user and then saved it as a jpeg file. I have to do this if I want to post images on this wed site!

I reduce my pics by opening them in Picasa (free download) then using the Export tab & saving from there. Never failed yet with a little tuning with the slider for size.