Anyone Having Second Thoughts About Going To France

in this case the official sites seem to back up what they're saying. There are yellow and orange alerts for mosquitoes in many departments.

Official ? "The warnings come from website Vigilance-moustiques, which has commercial links to a pest control company"

MRDA

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

Official ? "The warnings come from website Vigilance-moustiques, which has commercial links to a pest control company"

MRDA

Okay, not "official" in the sense of governmental, but a source with, I think, some credibility. Many such organisations have commercial sponsorship, both here and in the UK.

Suffolk Coast, Bailey U3 Vigo, Hyundai Tucson Premium SE 2. 0

Good grief man are you British? We refuse to give in to terrorists if we do that we have lost the battle.

We spent 11 months in Ireland with the caravan during the troubles travelling from Northern Ireland to

Southern Ireland. We met some wonderful people if we had been cowed by the IRA we would have missed

out on a wonderful experience.

Just carry on as normal, I doubt that you will notice any difference at all.

• Like 3

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Like others I refuse to let the myriad assortment of nutters out there influence how I lead my life.

I will continue to do exactly what I want when I want. I accept that there is a risk I might be involved in a terrorists incident. However common sense tells me that it is an infinitesimally small risk "it" will happen to me, and thats a risk I am prepared to accept.

Statistically we are FAR more likely to be involved in a road traffic collision than a terrorist incident, but we continue driving dont we ???

If anything DOES happen to me then there is an expression to cover it "**** happens"

Quit worrying about the tiny chance of anything untoward happening to you and get on with enjoying your life, you will only get ONE go at it.

Treat every day as though its your last, because one day it will be !!! (hopefully its a loooooong way in the future)

Andy

• Like 1

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Like others I refuse to let the myriad assortment of nutters out there influence how I lead my life.

I will continue to do exactly what I want when I want. I accept that there is a risk I might be involved in a terrorists incident. However common sense tells me that it is an infinitesimally small risk "it" will happen to me, and thats a risk I am prepared to accept.

Statistically we are FAR more likely to be involved in a road traffic collision than a terrorist incident, but we continue driving dont we ???

If anything DOES happen to me then there is an expression to cover it "**** happens"

Quit worrying about the tiny chance of anything untoward happening to you and get on with enjoying your life, you will only get ONE go at it.

Treat every day as though its your last, because one day it will be !!! (hopefully its a loooooong way in the future)

Andy

I'm genuinely curious to know where people are going to go on holiday if (????when) there is a comparable attack(s) in this country.

Off to France and have thought about the risk and decided that there's risk everywhere home and abroad, so it'll just be a factor to think about from time to time as a check, but then I do occasionally think about exit routes from shopping centres, safer seats in cafes etc anyway from a fire safety perspective as much as anything. ..

I keep telling the wife that shopping centres are dangerous places and we had best avoid them just in case.

I'm not sure she fully believes me. ......

• Like 1

As I sat in church this morning for a 10am service we were all discussing the attacks in France!

Then at ten past ten the door opened! You could feel the sharp intake of breath by the 27 in the congregation!

Will it stop me going to church each week, NO! If we stop following normal patterns of life the terrorist win!

Back to France when the silly season is over!

• Like 1

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

As I said way back in post number 21, it is not the destination that concerns me, but the journey there and at the moment the problem is in Calais. Beyond that I would be perfectly happy to visit France or any number of other countries with the caravan.

Rallier

Then surely you realise that my question given how it was phrased wasn't aimed towards you, but rather those disauded for fear of perishing in a terrorist attack?

The perceived 'issues' in Calais are a separate issue. (Though I've not experienced any real problems myself).

We will be driving down to Frejus via Calais in a couple of weeks, with our two teenage girls.

We love Nice, and plan to visit again this year.

I agree entirely with Mr Plodd. I will never wilfully put my loved ones in danger, but we have to put these things in perspective.

Edited by Rolling Stone
  • Like 1

How does it feel?... to be without a home. .. like a complete unknown. .. like a rolling stone?