Sign in to follow this  
Rosie7733

Where Is Everyone?

Just spent 6 weeks touring around 5 sites in Scotland and they were all nearly empty whereas in previous years they have all been very busy. Where are they all? Weather was great, midges a pain but aren't they every year! Can't understand why on at least 2 of the sites we were the only caravan and not far short on the others.

Just spent 6 weeks touring around 5 sites in Scotland and they were all nearly empty whereas in previous years they have all been very busy. Where are they all? Weather was great, midges a pain but aren't they every year! Can't understand why on at least 2 of the sites we were the only caravan and not far short on the others.

Wales!

The CL we were on last week in the Brecon Beacons was full most of the week and there were loads of 'vans on the road too.

If the wee midgies were a pain, you went to the wrong parts! Try the East Coast next time.

Try Loch Lomond if you want midges. There is a reason it is the only place you can get chocolate bars shaped like midges.

I stick to the east coast when I go up there in the summer months go to the west in spring or winter.

The entire World appears to be here, in North Cornwall.

Last week they were all in Dorset and Devon, avoiding the midges and enjoying the warmer climate.

France was all but empty throughout June, so they were not all there.

• Like 1

Scotlands west coast has been a favourite of ours for many years, but the weather has been so appalling on the last three visits ( always in spring or autumn ), we have now given it up. It's the west country for us.

Still pitches available for August in St. Andrews----unheard of.

France was all but empty throughout June, so they were not all there.

Friends of ours were on the West Coast and they said that the sites were virtually empty, they said that they would not go again in June as they had nobody to talk to !!

We normally go to France and Spain for spring and summer. But this year we stayed in the UK and have been to Norfolk, just got back from Cambridgeshire and off the Wales next week. We have another trip planned for mid August to Devon and Cornwall.

Friends of ours were on the West Coast and they said that the sites were virtually empty, they said that they would not go again in June as they had nobody to talk to !!

My idea of heaven!

• Like 4

Sounds like heaven to me!

• Like 1

Off to the Isle of Wight on Sunday. Could be interesting towing over there. ..

Most of them were on the east coast of Yorkshire ;)

Most of them were on the east coast of Yorkshire ;)

I have never seen the CC site at Whitby as busy as it was over the last fortnight.

I'm at home. Not going anywhere 'til this time next week. French garages on the route from Calais to Chaource, please be on standby as my 12-year-old Citroen C8 sallies forth on the A26 again. :P .

Yup quietest year in Scotland in my five decades of caravanning and camping.

Kintyre site was very quiet in may Findhorn two weeks ago quietest I have ever known it Caravan and Camping site at Perth was quiet and now Brora CC site-no need to prebook-it looks like it will be quiet to.

But the hotels we have been staying in have been busy and the road traffic very busy.

Just back from the beutiful Cally Pally the dining room and breakfast tables were busy full of golfers mostly groups of women.

Due to the weak £ I would have thought Staycationers would have been wall to wall?

What do you expect, Scotland does not want to be part of the UK, so why should the rest of us in the UK spend any money there

• Like 1

We were up there in May and found sites to be quite full. Fab weather & no midges.

What do you expect, Scotland does not want to be part of the UK, so why should the rest of us in the UK spend any money there

Thought it was us Scots that had a chip on our shoulder?

• Like 2

Thought it was us Scots that had a chip on our shoulder?

No. You lot are too well balanced for that . ......... a chip on each shoulder. Only funnin. ;)

• Like 1

No. You lot are too well balanced for that . ......... a chip on each shoulder. Only funnin. ;)

I thought as the Rule Britania s have got their way that this nasty anti Scot sentiment would have subsided although I still will be getting my foreign banknotes at our usual border post stop-Tebay on our frequent trips to foreign parts south of The Wall.

No anti Scottish sentiment here Ancell. I was glad that Scotland decided to stay part of the UK. I have always found folk in Scotland as good as anyone.

Alan

• Like 1

I think personally part of the reason some sites are not as full, is because of their charges, Some Premier Inns you can get for a couple of nights at weekends, around the price of a caravan site/night.

I enjoy my caravan and I do like a lot of the comforts of shower blocks, hard standing, and meeting people of same interests, caravanning is starting to become more and more expensive. that is without the initial purchase of van and insurance.

• Like 1