Grab Handle Lights

I have just picked up my lunar clubman si but can't find the switch for the grab handle lights. I have a switch on the wall below the microwave, one side of which operates the lights below the microwave, the other side doesn't seem to operate anything. Could this be the grab handle light and it just isn't connected?

If you are talking about the external handles, they work with the side lights - or at least they do on my Peg.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

That is where it is in my Lexon which I believe is a similar layout to the Clubman SI

Edited by Bryn58

To all the insomniacs, look on the bright side there are only three sleeps until Christmas

I think on my SE it is labelled up as External Light on the switch panel adjacent to the sink. Grab handles and locker light on the same switch.

Mike

I have just picked up my lunar clubman si but can't find the switch for the grab handle lights. I have a switch on the wall below the microwave, one side of which operates the lights below the microwave, the other side doesn't seem to operate anything. Could this be the grab handle light and it just isn't connected?

On our '13 ES, under the microwave there's a full-size switch operating the interior LED strip under there - and a double switch operating the grab-handle lights from the left and off-side awning light from the right.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Hqve you checked things in the dark, because you wont see any sign of a light behind the grabhandle in daylight.

It has to be reasonably dark to see ours.

Edited by hp100425ev

On my 2015 SI there are 4 switches above and to the left of the sink set at 45 degrees. Two operate the inner and below cupboard lights. The other pair operate the grab handles and the off-side (water changing) light.

Hope this helps.

John

• Like 1

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Hqve you checked things in the dark, because you wont see any sign of a light behind the grabhandle in daylight.

It has to be reasonably dark to see ours.

If you put you hand into the recess behind the handle, the light shows up well on your hand even in strong sunlight

On my Delta RS and my mates Ultima 540 (Lexon 540) the switch is located to the left of the sink along with the off side service light.

• Like 1

Volvo XC90 2. 4 D5 Executive towing 2013 Lunar Delta RS

• 1 month later...

One of my grab handle lights has failed.

Anyone actually chqnged one, or is it a Dealer job?

Edited by hp100425ev
  • Like 1

One of my grab handle lights has failed.

Anyone actually chqnged one, or is it a Dealer job?

The Chrome (plastic) outer cover prizes off. It will have tangs which could easily break off, One of mine broke without me even doing anything. might have been like that since new. It was change under guarantee.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

The Chrome (plastic) outer cover prizes off. It will have tangs which could easily break off, One of mine broke without me even doing anything. might have been like that since new. It was change under guarantee.

John

Thanks John

Just anticipating a possible issue on handover in 3 weeks time.

Getting rid of the Dometic loo at last ( even though we've only had one outing since the pump was changed), not to mention getting the in-line boiler mounted Alde pump.

Can't wait to spend a night in the van on a coolish night without having to set the timer and thermostat on the convector heater.

Edited by hp100425ev

On our 2016 si,the switch below,left of microwave is in two halves,one half is light,other half is for four grab handle lights. never use them,useless gimmick IMO!

on my SB the switch is above the plugs to the left of the sink one for grab handle front and back the other for kitchen cupboard lights and yes one of mine has failed waiting for a new one to be fitted been a month up tp now no sign of it

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

on my SB the switch is above the plugs to the left of the sink one for grab handle front and back the other for kitchen cupboard lights and yes one of mine has failed waiting for a new one to be fitted been a month up tp now no sign of it

Have they given you a price for a replacement, and is it a supply price or supply and fit?

Edited by hp100425ev
  • 1 month later...

Still no sign of the grab handle light dealer not to fussed as its on a driving light, giving them a wee bit longer then the s--t will it the fan. not good enough on a twenty thousand pound + van

• Like 1

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

I replaced one of my grab handle lights myself, easy enough to do but remember to use waterproof led's as the replacements, I also have led's missing on my offside service light so that will be my next repair, I am doing these repairs myself as i lost faith and confidence in my dealer very shortly after i purchased my brand new Delta RS.

• Like 1

BMW X5 followed by a 2014 Lunar Delta RS

I replaced one of my grab handle lights myself, easy enough to do but remember to use waterproof led's as the replacements, I also have led's missing on my offside service light so that will be my next repair, I am doing these repairs myself as i lost faith and confidence in my dealer very shortly after i purchased my brand new Delta RS.

Useful info, where did you find your new leds? Thanks

Rang Lunar yesterday due too the dealer telling me its supply problem, got a good response from the girl that answered said she will look into the matter, told her didn't look good on site when numerous lunars on site with lights out especially on their flag ship clubman range. l explained the remarks l was getting from fellow caravaners seemed to hit the nerve endings, only time will tell if she took it on board. Would be interested where first timer sourced his led's from

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

To be honest I don't think that I would have any desire to have illuminated grab handles. I think the idea naff. OK at Christmas perhaps :)

• Like 2

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Only turn ours on when one of us goes out in the dark to the toilet block.

Turned off again as soon as we get back.

I use a "winter cover" on the microwave vent to stop draughts but it has to be put on/off every time we use the microwave - and then I find the grab handle lights very useful, along with the offside service light.

The grab handle lights can also be useful on unlit sites to find it on the way back from the pub!

I use a "winter cover" on the microwave vent to stop draughts but it has to be put on/off every time we use the microwave - and then I find the grab handle lights very useful, along with the offside service light.

The grab handle lights can also be useful on unlit sites to find it on the way back from the pub!

We have a 2012 Clubman ES. If, through bad planning, I need to fill toilet flush or whatever in the dark I have a circular LED lamp that is magnetic and I stick it on the side of the car for illumination. We have a 'Winter' cover on the vent all year but if cold and breezy over Christmas I cover the top hole with duct tape. The most the microwave is used for is instant porridge or scrambled eggs

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES