Sign in to follow this  
bolerogirl

Fan For Motorhome

dyson_am09_wh_01_l.jpgDoes anyone have a dyson AM09 fan? Do you recommend it for van? Any recommendations for good fan for abroad instead of air conditioning unit?

All a fan can do is move air around, although if it passes moving air over a (for example washing up bowl full of ice cubes) you may get some cooling effect.

Air con or nothing is my opinion. We've had vans with and without air con. Without at present. Can't see a great need to rush back to it

Blinds closed and windows slightly open on the sunny side of the van. Roof vents open and blinds mostly closed. Keep the sun out.

Russ

I think a, cool my camper unit is the best thing as it's portable and you don't always need it in this country.

We have always managed to keep the heat in both caravan and motorhome tolerable by using the omnivent on extract on a low setting, it works even better if you have the heating fan running on cold as it pulls colder air in from under the van and takes the hot air out the top.

• Like 1

We have always managed to keep the heat in both caravan and motorhome tolerable by using the omnivent on extract on a low setting, it works even better if you have the heating fan running on cold as it pulls colder air in from under the van and takes the hot air out the top.

Great tip which I will now try!!!!

As said fans just push hot air around and the Roof Air con V Cool my camper gives you the option of taking it or leaving it at home saving weight and will give better mpg as no wind resistance and more clearance on low bridges and far cheaper to buy and only 350 w.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Depends on what you want from a fan. A cheap desk fan is under our front benches for hotter days and works just fine. They all ultimately do the same thing so you pays your money you takes your chances!

Does anyone have a dyson AM09 fan? Do you recommend it for van? Any recommendations for good fan for abroad instead of air conditioning unit?

£350 !!!!

And if it's anything like their vacs, it'll be over-hyped rubbish anyway!

Is it April 1st ?

John

£350 !!!!

And if it's anything like their vacs, it'll be over-hyped rubbish anyway!

Is it April 1st ?

John

That was helpful to the OP ;)

• Like 1