Sign in to follow this  
DUNCAN123

Eterniti Genesis 16-4

Hi guys, saw my first Eterniti on site today a t Presthaven.

Quite a smart looking van pulled by a huge Ford f350 double wheeled pick up.

Duncan

I saw one a month ago at Beynac on the site we were staying on. looked nice but when the opened the pull out they had the roof of it covered in material that looked like awning material. Guess it must have had a leek as it did not look that great.

I saw one a month ago at Beynac on the site we were staying on. looked nice but when the opened the pull out they had the roof of it covered in material that looked like awning material. Guess it must have had a leek as it did not look that great.

The cover put on over the slideout is to stop bits getting onto the top and causing issues when sliding back in. We find we only ever need to put ours on if we are sited under trees. It has nothing to do with any leaks. Have to say, after 2 years of owning ours, we have hardly any issues at all. ...fantastic caravan.

Our slideouts have a topper cover that automatically deploys as the slideout is extended, and rolls back under spring tension as the slidout is retracted.

As Jillp says, they are there to keep assorted debris from fouling the top weather seal as the slidout is retracted.

RV Slidout cover.jpg

Gordon.

That's good then if no leaks. Van looked nice.

I thought that Infiniti went bust a couple of years ago?

Are they up and running again?

I thought that Infiniti went bust a couple of years ago?

Are they up and running again?

No, but there are several very happy owners that bought before the company closed down. Hence the rarity factor.

Our slideouts have a topper cover that automatically deploys as the slideout is extended, and rolls back under spring tension as the slidout is retracted.

As Jillp says, they are there to keep assorted debris from fouling the top weather seal as the slidout is retracted.

attachicon.gifRV Slidout cover. jpg

Gordon.

I didn't think they originally had them factory fitted owner fitted them after . Weight was an issue as some TA were leaving the factory with optional extras at 2200 kg empty on a 2000 kg max chassis and 2400 kg on some loaded caravans in use when weighed. They offered a upgrade to 2200 kg but it was later confirmed by BPW the chassis could not be upgraded from 2000 kg. They later used the 2700 kg chassis just before they disappeared.

We are not geared up like the US to replace rubber roofs and not many companies do it here so price must be increased? That was my concern when I looked buying one.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

I didn't think they originally had them factory fitted owner fitted them after . Weight was an issue as some TA were leaving the factory with optional extras at 2200 kg empty on a 2000 kg max chassis and 2400 kg on some loaded caravans in use when weighed. They offered a upgrade to 2200 kg but it was later confirmed by BPW the chassis could not be upgraded from 2000 kg. They later used the 2700 kg chassis just before they disappeared.

We are not geared up like the US to replace rubber roofs and not many companies do it here so price must be increased? That was my concern when I looked buying one.

Dave

The covers are something many of us have fitted after buying.

The weight issue was only a small number of vans ealy on in production and later vans all had the better chassis.

This has made us as owners very aware of weights in caravans and we've been quite interested to see the tiny payload available on many if the new vans. ..

One has turned up today in the Peak District, looks very nice, pulled by a Range Rover complete with sat nav and air con on roof.