Sign in to follow this  
summertime

Breakdown Uk & Europe - Rac V Mayday + Red Pennant

Sorry if this has been covered before - I've scrolled through a few topic titles and can't find a specific answer. .....

We've towed abroad for the past few years and have had RAC cover for the car and caravan. However we're now members of the CC and have looked into Mayday for UK with Red Pennant for abroad. RAC seems very expensive this year - it has crept up rapidly over the past 2-3 years. However Mayday+ Red Pennant was a similar price.

Does anyone have any experience of the terms and conditions of both? Any experience of recovery - positives and negatives? Any knowledge of why RAC would be better cover than Mayday + Red Pennant, or vice versa?

There are hundreds of hours on this subject and no doubt many hundreds more to come, links will be provided by following posters. ..Me? always Red Pennant. ...twice needed twice succeeded.

geoff

I'm with Shipbroker on Red Pennant, I cannot comment on other cover, we had to use it three years ago when our new van was written off in France, the PP Team took over and arranged everything, they were superb, so would not consider using anyone else

Wow Les. ..a Catalan Flag, whatever next.

geoff

I'm with Shipbroker on Red Pennant, I cannot comment on other cover, we had to use it three years ago when our new van was written off in France, the PP Team took over and arranged everything, they were superb, so would not consider using anyone else

After disasters in Germany and France when everything was sorted without any fuss, I would not consider anything other than RAC Arrival. I received first class service on both occasions.

So in conclusion you pays your money and takes your choice.

geoff

• Like 1

Wow Les. ..a Catalan Flag, whatever next.

geoff

It's my second home Geoff, ;) or I would like it to be !!

• Like 1

So in conclusion you pays your money and takes your choice.

geoff

That should trigger another 100 responses :rolleyes:;) .

That should trigger another 100 responses :rolleyes:;) .

Yup that's about how it usually works!

geoff

My advice on any of these recovery services is read the terms and conditions and small print .

Dave

ADAC??? . .................. I'll get my coat!!!! G.

After disasters in Germany and France when everything was sorted without any fuss, I would not consider anything other than RAC Arrival. I received first class service on both occasions.

+1 Rac Arrival used them no issues.

ADAC??? . .................. I'll get my coat!!!! G.

Graham. you are BARRED!

geoff

Graham. you are BARRED!

geoff

Geoff!

You're so cruel!!!!

I simply attempted to suggest an alternative to the norm (read best!!).

There are those on here who sing ADAC's praises!

Even if it's two strikes and your out! (or is it 3????).

Or perhaps I got that wrong!

I pay approx. £350 for a Red Pennant Annual (multi-trip) policy for the last 30 years . .. that I have (thankfully) never had to

call upon!

That's less than a £1 a day for total peace of mind!!!

As I've said before. . If I befall some unfortunate accident (broken leg, hit by a bus or worse) I know that CC/Red Pennant would afford my nearest and dearest the very best of support and leadership in sorting out the consequences.

I've seen it work for others many times and I wouldn't leave these shores without it!!.

Sorry for the rant (NOT) G.

• Like 1

Just sorted ours out today.

We only looked at C&CC and CC. The CC basic cover was more expensive than the luxury C&CC cover but I didn't like the look of the limitations on repatriation and recovery so we went with Red Pennant.

Thanks everyone - and for the banter along the way! So, kind of what we thought really but it's always helpful hearing other people's experiences of the companies, especially if they've actually had to call upon them, given that we've only had RAC Arrival cover so far and costs appear quite similar with RP. I'm sure the RP quote we got was for just one trip for the exact dates given, whereas we've always had Arrival to cover multi-trip. Will have to get back on the phone to RP to check, and to recalculate to compare properly!

Sign in to follow this