Bailey Pegasus Dream Sleep Bed Make Up System

Admin

Mine are the same the replacements lost count 4th or 5th set are the same but am waiting yet another set of replacements as the fabric has come un stuck on the underside leading edge, have requested an upgrade to the Unicorn style or to have the same style as cushion we had in our 2012 Ancona but basically been told tough no more cushions and that's Baileys response via the dealer, not sure what to do next will decide after get the new ones.

Usually change van around 2-3 years old and now had 7 new Baileys since 2000 so if do not get a satisfactory out come may starting looking at other brands, unless the dream sleep system is dropped, so much for Brand loyalty.

Ancona

Still waiting from February for the 'fix'!

Mine are the same the replacements lost count 4th or 5th set are the same but am waiting yet another set of replacements as the fabric has come un stuck on the underside leading edge, have requested an upgrade to the Unicorn style or to have the same style as cushion we had in our 2012 Ancona but basically been told tough no more cushions and that's Baileys response via the dealer, not sure what to do next will decide after get the new ones.

Usually change van around 2-3 years old and now had 7 new Baileys since 2000 so if do not get a satisfactory out come may starting looking at other brands, unless the dream sleep system is dropped, so much for Brand loyalty.

Ancona

Do you actually use it as a bed Ancona? Seems to us it so hard we'd have to put a minimum 2" topper on it just to get some kip! I just hope there's some old style cushions left somewhere!

All very unsatisfactory & whilst you refer to "Brand loyalty" what's happened to Bailey's 'Customer' loyalty. We've had Bailey vans for 35yrs & this is by far the worst experience that we've had with them! We would certainly consider a Swift if there is a 'next time', which almost feels like blasphemy!

Edited by Endeeo

• 1 month later...

Just checking to see if anyone has an update with regard the front seating issues and has anyone found a suitable resolution?? I have had my front seat modification for a number of months and the base seats seem to be losing shape and the fabric is going 'baggy' (3rd set of cushions). I have not been in touch with Bailey customer services again but I don't think they will be of any further assistance as they weren't very willing to help last time. I have contacted Bellfield again for a updated cost on replacing all my cushions with the same as in the Unicorn range but with the Pegasus fabric but I am unsure if its the fabric that's the issue or the foam inserts, just wondering on anyone else's thoughts/suggestions.

Regards

Mark

When you contacted Belfield Mark, was the quote approx £600 to replace the existing seating. I am wondering if Belfield might do a part exchange as they believe there is nothing wrong with the existing seating (unlikely). I wonder if another seating manufacturer would be more amenable to the job on a part exchange basis. They could use it for pub seating. Anybody know of alternative manufacturers that may be interested anywhere in the country ?

Hi yes it was approx £600 to replace seating, I'm also wondering whether to try contacting a local upholster first to get it sorted!!

Just checking to see if anyone has an update with regard the front seating issues and has anyone found a suitable resolution?? I have had my front seat modification for a number of months and the base seats seem to be losing shape and the fabric is going 'baggy' (3rd set of cushions). I have not been in touch with Bailey customer services again but I don't think they will be of any further assistance as they weren't very willing to help last time. I have contacted Bellfield again for a updated cost on replacing all my cushions with the same as in the Unicorn range but with the Pegasus fabric but I am unsure if its the fabric that's the issue or the foam inserts, just wondering on anyone else's thoughts/suggestions.

Regards

Mark

We had the 'modification' - basically turned seating into a park bench. Appalling! Raised issue with my dealer who said he'd speak to Bailey but, no surprise, have heard nothing back since. Dealers just hope that you run out of patience!

We ended up buying replacement sprung base cushions from Belfields at cost £235. Their great but, of course, no way of making up double bed, only short singles. The backs don't need replacing as we only lean against them, & similarly dumpy front bits remain untouched by anything but scatter cushions. If we were to require double bed I guess we'd use the 2 sprung bits together + 1 of the 'park bench' bits at feet end. Means carrying extra cushion though! An inflatable 'foot end' would be great but not sure where to source one! Ideas please.

Hi Endeeo have you got any reference/ details of the spring cushions from Bellfield as this sounds like the way forward for me

Regards

Mark

Sorry Smit572,

Currently in France (wet day) so no access to invoice til we get home towards end September.

All we did was phone 'Kelly' at Bellfield & she knew exactly what we were after as they had supplied several others so not sure you really need our ref. They were extremely helpful, I must say, but then again for a quick £235 you probably would be!

Endeeo thanks I'll phone then tomorrow,I have issues with the seats sagging and the material going loose/baggy in the centre of the base cushion would you say the revised seats have resolved this?

Enjoy your holiday hope the weather gets better

I have just got a 2016 rimini only had it a few days have noticed the seats to tend to go saggy after sitting on them a while have sent a email to bailey to see what they say

Edited by Tp31793

Endeeo thanks I'll phone then tomorrow,I have issues with the seats sagging and the material going loose/baggy in the centre of the base cushion would you say the revised seats have resolved this?

Enjoy your holiday hope the weather gets better

I'd say yes, largely. Missus & I just wipe the slight creases off before going to bed & in morning there pretty much as new.

The springs obviously return to shape immediately but I guess the "foam coffin" (as Kelly calls it) outer shell just takes a little bit longer. They are certainly a hell of a lot more comfortable!

• 1 month later...

We have finally had the replacement seat cushions and back boards and think it is a definite improvement over the original set.  

Cushions seem a bit hard at first but soften up after sitting on for a short while. They also don’t travel forward anymore which was our main bug bare.  

Finally we slept like babies every night for the whole week we were away.  

We have finally had the replacement seat cushions and back boards and think it is a definite improvement over the original set.  

Cushions seem a bit hard at first but soften up after sitting on for a short while. They also don’t travel forward anymore which was our main bug bare.  

Finally we slept like babies every night for the whole week we were away.  

——————————

MPG

I am still waiting for the replacement cushions after 8 weeks but you seem to have been waiting since February???

Contacted Bailey direct and their reply was the delay is due to demand and mine will be despatched immediately. That was a week ago, still waiting for Dealer to contact me to say my van is ready for collection.

Glad to hear that the replacement cushions etc work.

• 1 month later...

Just an update on my issues with the seats, which is basically I've got no where!!! Bailey customer services have washed there hands of the issue as apparently the seats are made to specification and as such they are not interested in any issues with lack of support or sagging . I tried to explain that there not fit for purpose but I assume that would open up a can of worms and they were not interested, so I am going to have to spend £500 on seats that are sprung and can be made in to a bed at night -so whole new cushions complete from Belfield at my expense.

Very disappointed with Bailey Customer services will never buy another Bailey caravan, now to get the leaks sorted :) !!!

Hi. Regarding the seating in my bailey pegasus brindisi wich I bought in August 2017 very disappointed in the cushions they ariginaly slided forward making it vertualy impossible to open the front drawers my dealer fitted an upgrade from bailey wich has cured that problem but I am on my second set of cushions and have just rejected them again. They are so uncomfortable and the material is all loose after you get up. Very disappointed carnt believe baily are been so complacent in dealing with this issue it lets down an extremely nice practical caravan. Please bailey get your act together and make many unsatisfied baily brindisi customers happy again. Regards Gareth stewart.  

18 hours ago, Gareth Stewart said:

Hi. Regarding the seating in my bailey pegasus brindisi wich I bought in August 2017 very disappointed in the cushions they ariginaly slided forward making it vertualy impossible to open the front drawers my dealer fitted an upgrade from bailey wich has cured that problem but I am on my second set of cushions and have just rejected them again. They are so uncomfortable and the material is all loose after you get up. Very disappointed carnt believe baily are been so complacent in dealing with this issue it lets down an extremely nice practical caravan. Please bailey get your act together and make many unsatisfied baily brindisi customers happy again. Regards Gareth stewart.  

You obviously haven't been a party to the conversations on here about our concerted efforts to get these undoubtedly  "Not fit for purpose" cushions replaced. Bailey just don't want to know & have effectively 'moved on' leaving us high & dry! Many of us have had to fork out hundreds of extra pounds to get an even remotely comfortable front lounge area. A collective Court Action against them would wake them up but how many of us have the appetite left or funds for such a fight? 

We've given up but won't buy another Bailey - we'd rather leave caravanning altogether after this experience!

• 1 month later...

So Bellfield are doing very well out of this problem then.  

Bailey do not like to admit there is a problem even when it is costing them money!

• 2 months later...
On 27/01/2018 at 10:36, war200 said:

So Bellfield are doing very well out of this problem then.  

Bailey do not like to admit there is a problem even when it is costing them money!

Lost count 7 or 8 sets of cushions and still slip,uncomfortable hard and baggy, did 2 weekends earlier in the year and decided could not face another season with the awful dream sleep system, so Swift are the winners in this instance,  now enjoying a comfortable well built caravan. Ancona

What is the plastic strip that people mention on bailey seating any photos please.

• 2 weeks later...

We have solved the problem ourselves.  We have changed the foam to better quality.  No sagging and no slipping. :) 

We have only had one week away in our new caravan and came to the conclusion that we could not stand another night the way things were.  We also did not want to have to take our seats to the dealer and wait weeks to get them back and still have the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

We got totally fed up of the "dream sleep" system - tried a thick foam mat over the top and a quilted mattress topper but still dipped in the centre and was very uncomfortable - we can't afford to change vans so we bit the bullet and ordered a proper mattress from custom size beds - its zips apart in the middle and as we don't use the onboard shower I'm hoping we can store then two halves in there during the day. Really unsatisfactory solution - especially as the weight of the proper mattress will reduce our other payload but at least this way we can have three weeks in France [with the kids on the fixed singles] and all get a good night's kip!

On 20/04/2018 at 23:59, war200 said:

We have solved the problem ourselves.  We have changed the foam to better quality.  No sagging and no slipping. :) 

We have only had one week away in our new caravan and came to the conclusion that we could not stand another night the way things were.  We also did not want to have to take our seats to the dealer and wait weeks to get them back and still have the same problem.

Out of interest what was the cost of this or did Bailey or the dealer pay for the refills  ?

Edited by Silverback

Never went through dealer -  too much messing about to send seats off to have them back the same.  It cost £200 ish.  

20 hours ago, war200 said:

Never went through dealer -  too much messing about to send seats off to have them back the same.  It cost £200 ish.  

Don't get me wrong I don't think you should have paid for the refill but £200 is a good price, especially to stamp out a problem and move on with enjoying the caravan.   Happy Days !