Bailey Pegasus Dream Sleep Bed Make Up System

Admin

Replacement cushions so hard that we've replaced at our own cost with sprung ones which now only grandsons use as singles. We put backs in shower at night, in the polythene bags that replacements came in if shower damp or want to put them in awning.

So glad to find this group ! I've also had a leaky new Palermo- had Bailey replace the van, but have the same sloppy cushion problem as others here. I'm awaiting the first set of replacement for a dream sleep, but not holding out much hope that it'll be a good fix . I would much prefer the older square style seating where you utilise all the cushions to make up the bed. What does everyone else do with the back cushions other than constructing amusing nighttime obstacle course to the loo.

I think the "Dream sleep bed make up system" is destined one way . . for room 101

Tried and tested design's just last the course and come around full circle ;)

I used our van for the first time last weekend since replacement cushions and backboards have been done. Base cushions still slip forward so can't open draw and they look about 10 years old after one weekend away. Dealer is now waitng to here back from Bailey

• 3 weeks later...

Taking mine back to the dealer at the weekend for the 3rd set of cushions, apparently these are the modified ones I should have supplied earlier,in the year, current set to go back to Belfield for investigation, not holding out much hope from past experience will advise once we're back from the 1/2 term break. Ancona

How long do the replacements usually take? Ours were ordered by the dealer back in February prior to its service last month!

We are on our third set of seat cushions the "mod"was carried out at our dealer,and was no better than the first set,so i contacted Bailey direct, who after several "conversations"sent a complete set of new modified back boards and cushions to me by courier over three deliveries?we now have two sets of under cushions, one set of top cushions and a set of modified back boards in the spare room,I am thinking of "modifying" the top base cushions by removing the front foam"lip" to see if that overcomes the problem of slipping forward, as i think the way that Belfield attach (glue)the cover to the foam is the cause of most of the problems by coming unstuck after minimal use, making the front into a slope that pushes it forward

Don't they go under the pull out in the central aisle?

That is what the demonstrator at the shows were saying until, i mentioned to them that it would obstruct the two heating outlets under the front cabinet,but that had not been thought about, we put ours in the shower over night

That is what the demonstrator at the shows were saying until, i mentioned to them that it would obstruct the two heating outlets under the front cabinet,but that had not been thought about, we put ours in the shower over night

That's only a problem if you've got the heating running and even if it is working surely there's room for the heat to circulate?

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Must say,had a quick look at the 2015 NEC Autumn show and it seemed to be an answer to a question no one had asked. If the cushions you sleep on are only 2/3 the normal thickness,that's not going to help any dreams,and if you've got two great big cushions to put somewhere,that's not great either. That's apart from the issues that some seem to be having.

We are on our third set of seat cushions the "mod"was carried out at our dealer,and was no better than the first set,so i contacted Bailey direct, who after several "conversations"sent a complete set of new modified back boards and cushions to me by courier over three deliveries?we now have two sets of under cushions, one set of top cushions and a set of modified back boards in the spare room,I am thinking of "modifying" the top base cushions by removing the front foam"lip" to see if that overcomes the problem of slipping forward, as i think the way that Belfield attach (glue)the cover to the foam is the cause of most of the problems by coming unstuck after minimal use, making the front into a slope that pushes it forward

Can I ask what the difference appears to be with the back boards - ours have supposed to have been changed but I forgot to do a before and after and I don't trust my dealer to have done it! Thanks in anticipation.

And just by way of general update - our "new" cushions - which were taken out of a new van have the different stitching mentioned in an earlier post and slip a lot less quickly and don't slip as far forward - but still slip and block the drawers. ..

That's only a problem if you've got the heating running and even if it is working surely there's room for the heat to circulate?

the cushions need to be pushed right under if useing the double and the compleatly obstruct the outlets othwise you step on them when going for the nightly loo trip/trips :blush:

Must say,had a quick look at the 2015 NEC Autumn show and it seemed to be an answer to a question no one had asked. If the cushions you sleep on are only 2/3 the normal thickness,that's not going to help any dreams,and if you've got two great big cushions to put somewhere,that's not great either. That's apart from the issues that some seem to be having.

Four back cushions :( but when made up is very comfortable to sleep on

Can I ask what the difference appears to be with the back boards - ours have supposed to have been changed but I forgot to do a before and after and I don't trust my dealer to have done it! Thanks in anticipation.

And just by way of general update - our "new" cushions - which were taken out of a new van have the different stitching mentioned in an earlier post and slip a lot less quickly and don't slip as far forward - but still slip and block the drawers. . .

The backboards rear supports are 10mm less deep,i think the "designers"thought by doing so the base cushions would go back further to clear the drawers,but of course they never use the product they "design" and think its not their product that is a problem

Today i have "modified" my spare second set of base top cushions,by unzipping the cover and removed the foam lip from the front it was just a matter pulling it away from the rest of the foam base insert, , it was glued but came away with minimal effort and no damage, i did one first and then changed it over with third Bailey supplied base , and it seemed to be a much better fit with less "pressure" on the lower base cushion front, so have now got the next one in the car to change over(van in storage)we are away at Sandringham cc site over the spring BH so will see if mod works then,if not its back to having another "conversation" wih Bailey :excl:

the cushions need to be pushed right under if useing the double and the compleatly obstruct the outlets othwise you step on them when going for the nightly loo trip/trips :blush:

ps as we use our c/van all season the heating is quite often used

ps as we use our c/van all season the heating is quite often used hence the shower is used to store the cushions

How long do the replacements usually take? Ours were ordered by the dealer back in February prior to its service last month!

Been looking back at the e-mail trail and looks like the order was placed late February, long story but Belfield wanted the cushions back for inspection but due to caravan commitments we dug in our heels as we did not want to miss out on weekends away so declined. Lots of correspondence with the dealer and Bailey, the decision was made to replace with new. Watch this space. Will advise on the outcome,. Due to collect Saturday so will advise,Ancona

Collected the Rimini today, complete new set of cushions including the back rests and bulkhead cushions, base cushion stitching now lines up, have just had a quick sit on them and they are as hard as a park bench, does not appear to be a difference in the foam from the old ones so not holding out much hope will update after half term. Ancona

• 2 weeks later...

To try and improve the comfort of the "Dream Sleep" front bed I've just bought a 5cm x130x170 hard foam mat to try over the top of the existing and hopefully get rid of the annoying ridge caused by the curved edges of the seat cushions at each end of the bed when made up. I'll report back in a few weeks once trialed!

• 2 weeks later...

Collected the Rimini today, complete new set of cushions including the back rests and bulkhead cushions, base cushion stitching now lines up, have just had a quick sit on them and they are as hard as a park bench, does not appear to be a difference in the foam from the old ones so not holding out much hope will update after half term. Ancona

As expected exactly the same as all of the previous cushions with this being the fourth set, e-mail sent to dealer and Bailey, dealer have replied but no reply from dealer, will advise on outcome when known, not holding out much hope on ever getting this resolved. Ancona

• 2 weeks later...

Ancona any update??

We have experienced same issues on third set of cushions, no lining through of stitching, extremely hard to start with do soften after a while but then material looks baggy as though they've been well used.

Losing the will to try to achieve a resolution so may have to accept this is the best they will get, its as though the material is too thick so struggles to retain shape.

just got back from 2 weeks in our verona first proper break and cushions are only complaint. A site neighbor had Rimini with same trouble and is taking it up with dealer. Am thinking only solution is to scrap cushions altogether and have reuphostered in conventional style. Would also like a bolster at front as lying back watching Tv is not too comfortable. The alternative is sell it but would lose even more

We got our van back after the so called fixed and now it looks like this

post-73749-0-04287600-1498503895_thumb.jpg

The dealership didn't seem to notice it

Ancona any update??

No update as yet still waiting for Bailey to reply, not holding out much hope, dealer chasing Bailey will have to chase them as also have other issues, will advise asap, Ancona

We have experienced same issues on third set of cushions, no lining through of stitching, extremely hard to start with do soften after a while but then material looks baggy as though they've been well used.

Losing the will to try to achieve a resolution so may have to accept this is the best they will get, its as though the material is too thick so struggles to retain shape.

We got our van back after the so called fixed and now it looks like this

attachicon.gifIMG_0959. jpg

The dealership didn't seem to notice it

Looks like the wooden board is missing from under the cushion, the stitch mark that also does not line up seems to be what we are expected to put up with I think not, if everyone keeps complaining may eventually get an acceptable fix, Anocona

My Mrs always covers our lounge benches with a throw, in case a beardie jumps up on them. With a throw over them you can't see anything but a muffled impression of the cushions below. Then you don't have worry about stuff not lining up etc. Ignorance being bliss.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mazbogs, Peteandsue, Orionwelwyn et al,

Anyone got anywhere with solving this problem? I'm not at all happy with my replacement cushions. They're so hard you end up with a totally numb posterior after 1 hour or so! We've had to take to laying on the single beds for anything other than meals, they're so uncomfortable! The 'cure' seems worse than the 'complaint'! I've asked for the original-type cushions back. I'd rather put up with the slipping forward (+ trying my own 'cure') than these 'planks'! They're really are just awful - not to mention the misaligned seams!

Edited by Endeeo