Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Bailey Pegasus Dream Sleep Bed Make Up System

Bailey Pegasus Dream Sleep Bed Make Up System

Hopefully some members will find this short video on how to arrange the seat cushions for night time useful.

Does that not mean the centre bit is hard?

We tried it at the dealers before we ordered ours. Felt a lot better than our then current van.

Does that not mean the centre bit is hard?

If you think about it it's only two thirds of a normal seat cushion which you sleep on anyway when you use a lounge bed. The mattress is two thirds its normal depth but the point load when laying down is much less than when sitting. All the reports on comfort I've seen on CT have been very positive.

Apart from the fact that apparently they creep forward when in normal use? Can anyone confirm please? I am considering a new Verona, and would appreciate feedback if possible.

Thanks

Peter

Apart from the fact that apparently they creep forward when in normal use? Can anyone confirm please? I am considering a new Verona, and would appreciate feedback if possible.

Thanks

Peter

Sorry just seen this post, I can confirm the lower upper seat base cushion slides forward between 3 and 5 inches, the Lower part of the cushion stays in place and the upper lower cushion just slides forward, the seat is also too soft and gets very uncomfortable as your legs are unsupported,

The lower cushion also lifts at the edges and once you get off the cushion and look at the material its lost its shape and is very baggy until the cushion comes back to life, I have reported this to my dealer who have been referred to Belfield and they say it's not a fault as the cushions are to Bailey specification.

We have only had 3 nights a way over 2 weekends and to say I am disappointed is an under statement, I will be at the Nec at the weekend and will be having a long chat with Bailey to make them aware in day mode they need to rethink this system, if you also own a series 4 Pegasus and have this fault please report it to you dealer so we can hopefully get a quick fix as a poor design is spoiling what otherwise is a good caravan. In night mode it's a comfy bed part from you have lip at top and bottom end of the bed, Ancona

• Like 1

I am at the show on Thursday, although I have ordered a Verona, I will take a close look at this while there.

Peter

we also have problems with our new Pegasus 4 Verona seating. we had problems from the first time we used it. The cushions keep moving forward while you are sitting on them, you have to push them back on every time you get up. it makes it difficult to open the drawers. we also have a plastic strip sticking up through the cushion. the material looks baggy when you get off the cushions. we have reported this to our dealer and they say they have reported it to Bailey we are still waiting to hear back from our dealer and Baileys. we hope anyone else with this problem, with the new dream sleep beds reports it to Bailey so we can get something done about it.

• Like 1

we also have problems with our new Pegasus 4 Verona seating. we had problems from the first time we used it. The cushions keep moving forward while you are sitting on them, you have to push them back on every time you get up. it makes it difficult to open the draws. we also have a plastic strip sticking up through the cushion. the material looks baggy when you get off the cushions. we have reported this to our dealer and they say they have reported it to Bailey we are still waiting to hear back from our dealer and Baileys. we hope anyone else with this problem, with the new dream sleep beds reports it to Bailey so we can get something done about it.

When we ordered our Rimini the dealers demo van had the plastic strip sticking up, to date ours is not doing this. We also have trouble opening the lower drawer and then trying to collapse the table until you push this cushions back, Let's hope Bailey get their act together and get a quick fix to this issue. I would settle for the convention cushion arrangement so I can start enjoying my caravan. Ancona

When we ordered our Rimini the dealers demo van had the plastic strip sticking up, to date ours is not doing this. We also have trouble opening the lower drawer and then trying to collapse the table until you push this cushions back, Let's hope Bailey get their act together and get a quick fix to this issue. I would settle for the convention cushion arrangement so I can start enjoying my caravan. Ancona

Apart from the issue with the cushions we really love our Verona. The bed is very comfortable, The large fridge very usefully, The bathroom is a good size. lots of storage, the new heating system keeps it nice and warm in the winter. we have used it with and without electric hook up. very few teething problems. they were all put right very quickly by our dealer apart from the cushions. The fridge was freezing everything. The dealer said the button controlling the temperature was broken. This was repair quickly and now seems to be working OK.

Just got back from the show, on looking in a Rimini the first thing we noticed was that the lower front cushions were different, different stitching in the material and no plastic strip, on having a chat on the stand it turns out they have been modified anti slip added as they have had an issue with slip and firmer foam on the leading edge although they did not admit to a problem, but I was advised to speak to my dealer so they can submit a warranty claim to replace the lower cushions. I must admit they were much firmer,no sag after getting off the cushion, now to contact the dealer to organise. I hope this helps. Ancona

Our Brindisi was delivered 1 March, we have the problem of the front cushions sliding forward and compromising the use of the drawers. So no remedy by Bailey yet.

What is the best way to contact Bailey?

We will investigate the possibility of using Velcro.

• Like 1

Our Brindisi was delivered 1 March, we have the problem of the front cushions sliding forward and compromising the use of the drawers. So no remedy by Bailey yet.

What is the best way to contact Bailey?

We will investigate the possibility of using Velcro.

Your system is made to Bailey Spec by Belfields contactable here

http://www. belfieldfurnishings. com/

They and dealers have access to a non slip insert that is a warranty job. I've no idea how effective it is but the information came from them direct at the NEC so contact your dealer direct or Bailey via the web site or Belfields they may be sending out FOC not sure. They are a very good company to deal with though.

I have posted on this topic already and have a warranty claim in for the lower seat base and bulk head cushions to be replaced as not only do they suffer from slip, they offer no support curl up at the edges and go baggy after been sat on for a period of time and are the most uncomfortable caravan cushion I have ever sat on.

The cushions have been modified in later production they have next to no slip and are much firmer.

The later level cushions have no plastic strip and the foam is a different colour on the leading edge, (green) . Undo the zip and you will see what I mean.

I have been offered the anti slip mat but have declined the offer as my dealer is aware I will only accept the later modified cushions,watch this space! Ancona

I have posted on this topic already and have a warranty claim in for the lower seat base and bulk head cushions to be replaced as not only do they suffer from slip, they offer no support curl up at the edges and go baggy after been sat on for a period of time and are the most uncomfortable caravan cushion I have ever sat on.

The cushions have been modified in later production they have next to no slip and are much firmer.

The later level cushions have no plastic strip and the foam is a different colour on the leading edge, (green) . Undo the zip and you will see what I mean.

I have been offered the anti slip mat but have declined the offer as my dealer is aware I will only accept the later modified cushions,watch this space! Ancona

Sorry to hear of your problems but at least your being active in pushing for a solution. .. I did mention last summer that after viewing the new Pegasus that the seating didn't seem durable enough and got duly slated for airing my views :( http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/107888-new-pegasus-range-this-autumn/?p=1216408

Best of luck and thanks for sharing your experience and probable solution on here.

Has anyone had a resolution to this problem, I am on my second trip in my Brindisi since picking it up in January and the cushion movement is starting to anoy me. My main worry is that the drawers in the chest could damage the cusion covers.

I will be giving the dealer a ring when I get home but any advise would be very helpful.

• Like 1

We also seem to have this problem with our new Pegasus Brindisi. The seat cushions obstruct the chest drawer and the seat fabric appears 'baggy' after sitting on the seats for a short while.

I have e-mailed Bailey and copied in Belfield.

Belfield replied very promptly, the same day, asking that I raise a warranty claim regarding the 'baggy' seats with the dealer so that they can send out an engineer to look at the seats.

They have also said they sell anti-slip cloth at £7. 50 a metre!

Whilst I am glad they have not dismissed the problem and are prepared to send someone to look at it I am a little disappointed that they expect me to pay to rectify what appears to be a design fault!

I will raise the warranty claim and let you know how I get on.

Keep posting everyone! The more people that raise this issue the better the chances of getting it resolved. Remember many people may not have collected or used their new 'vans yet!

• Like 1

Hi all, we had this front seat cushion slipping issue too. I raised the problem with our dealership and they forwarded it to Bailey. I also hear it was a conversation point at a show earlier this year.

Our dealer asked me to package up our base cushions as Belfield are sending a courier to collect them and to expect them to be away for modifications for 10 working days. True to their words we got our cushions back 10 working days later.

They have sewn in two large strips of velcro to stop the two parts of each cushion from slipping over each other. It's a huge improvement, next to no slippage and they seem a little firmer too. So now access to the front drawers is possible. Being fair they do move a tiny bit but that is generally after our two fidgety kids have been on them.

So in short, Belfield and Bailey are aware of the issue but it seems it is just the early batches that it affects. Our caravan was build mid December 2015 and we collected it mid January.

Our dealership (Webb's Salisbury) dealt with the issue very professionally and promptly.

Regards

Mark

• Like 1

Still waiting to here from the dealer, was advised replacement base and bulk head cushions ordered and should be in towards the end of April,watch this space. Ancona

Still waiting to here from the dealer, was advised replacement base and bulk head cushions ordered and should be in towards the end of April,watch this space. Ancona

Hello Ancona, Any news since 19/4 ?. We collected our Brindisi October 2015 and almost immediately had the plastic strip issues. This resolved relatively quickly with 'replacement' seats. We have also experienced the slippage issue and part resolved by our dealer and Belfield supplying anti slip matting, paid for by the dealer ! I am generally unhappy with the seats as they offer next to no support, lack a knee roll, baggy and turn up at the ends and so on. In my opinion their longevity is also in doubt. Essentially not fit for purpose. Belfield's /Bailey are aware of this and after sitting in a 2 week old van at the weekend I am certain changes have been made with these 'later' seats much firmer overall but particularly as they now offer what feels like a knee roll even though it's not visually evident. I have today started a warranty claim with a view to getting these seats replaced and not being fobbed off by claims of built to spec/no manufacturing faults etc . ...... watch this space.

Fixed bed, very surprised that I've not seen any comment about the 'infil' that drops down when the mattress is pulled forward. It's a strange triangular shape that drops down and sinks when pillows and heads are placed on them. Belfield HAVE accepted my warranty claim for this fault and have supplied a shaped fillet to remedy the problem. Pity that the fillet is exactly what's sewn onto the mattress, ie it has a convex shape exactly like the sewn in fillet. No surprise that 2 convex shapes don't make a flat one. Would have been more appropriate to to supply a fillet with a concave profile which would then form a rectangle. .... and flatten the mattress.

I just need to get these issues resolved and start truly enjoying the van ! Wouldn't it be nice if someone held up their hand and said sorry we've got this wrong and sort it out !!. Some of us have paid to be Belfield and Bailey guinea pigs and that isn't acceptable.

Regards, Philla

• Like 1

Hello Ancona, Any news since 19/4 ?. We collected our Brindisi October 2015 and almost immediately had the plastic strip issues. This resolved relatively quickly with 'replacement' seats. We have also experienced the slippage issue and part resolved by our dealer and Belfield supplying anti slip matting, paid for by the dealer ! I am generally unhappy with the seats as they offer next to no support, lack a knee roll, baggy and turn up at the ends and so on. In my opinion their longevity is also in doubt. Essentially not fit for purpose. Belfield's /Bailey are aware of this and after sitting in a 2 week old van at the weekend I am certain changes have been made with these 'later' seats much firmer overall but particularly as they now offer what feels like a knee roll even though it's not visually evident. I have today started a warranty claim with a view to getting these seats replaced and not being fobbed off by claims of built to spec/no manufacturing faults etc . ...... watch this space.

Fixed bed, very surprised that I've not seen any comment about the 'infil' that drops down when the mattress is pulled forward. It's a strange triangular shape that drops down and sinks when pillows and heads are placed on them. Belfield HAVE accepted my warranty claim for this fault and have supplied a shaped fillet to remedy the problem. Pity that the fillet is exactly what's sewn onto the mattress, ie it has a convex shape exactly like the sewn in fillet. No surprise that 2 convex shapes don't make a flat one. Would have been more appropriate to to supply a fillet with a concave profile which would then form a rectangle. .... and flatten the mattress.

I just need to get these issues resolved and start truly enjoying the van ! Wouldn't it be nice if someone held up their hand and said sorry we've got this wrong and sort it out !!. Some of us have paid to be Belfield and Bailey guinea pigs and that isn't acceptable.

Regards, Philla

Hi Philla,

We got an e-mail from the dealer on Friday to say the new cushions were in stock, as we were going away for the weekend it was too late to collect them,so off to the dealers this weekend to collect them, let's hope they do the job as this to date is the most uncomfortable caravan I have ever owned. So collect them this weekend and away the following so will update on the outcome. Ancona

Hi Philla,

We got an e-mail from the dealer on Friday to say the new cushions were in stock, as we were going away for the weekend it was too late to collect them,so off to the dealers this weekend to collect them, let's hope they do the job as this to date is the most uncomfortable caravan I have ever owned. So collect them this weekend and away the following so will update on the outcome. Ancona

Hi Ancona,

Just had my warranty claim declined by Belfield, ' Quote;

There has been no change to the support and quality of this cushion the only thing that has been updated is a slight fabric change, we can offer the customer 1m of the anti slip fabric as per the agreement with Baileys. Any other work the customer would like can be done but will be on a chargeable basis. unquote.

​Not great and very disappointing . Not giving up. Looking forward to hear what your replacement cushions are like. Strange they accepted your claim .

Incidentally if they could be bothered to check their records they would have noticed they'd already supplied the anti slip mat.

​Regards Philla

i

We also seem to have this problem with our new Pegasus Brindisi. The seat cushions obstruct the chest drawer and the seat fabric appears 'baggy' after sitting on the seats for a short while.

I have e-mailed Bailey and copied in Belfield.

Belfield replied very promptly, the same day, asking that I raise a warranty claim regarding the 'baggy' seats with the dealer so that they can send out an engineer to look at the seats.

They have also said they sell anti-slip cloth at £7. 50 a metre!

Whilst I am glad they have not dismissed the problem and are prepared to send someone to look at it I am a little disappointed that they expect me to pay to rectify what appears to be a design fault!

I will raise the warranty claim and let you know how I get on.

Keep posting everyone! The more people that raise this issue the better the chances of getting it resolved. Remember many people may not have collected or used their new 'vans yet!

Hi jproach,

My apologies if I've missed a posting. I'm in the middle of a warranty claim on the subject of baggy/unsupportive seats. Did you arrange for an Engineer to inspect the seats ? Mine are being collected next week for inspection plus Velcro strips to be sewn in.

Remains to be seen if they also modify the stuffing ! Belfield being cagey about the issue and told me in writing a couple of days ago mine was the only 'complaint' of this nature which I find hard to believe ( careful wording). They also stated that with the exception of a slight material change there have been no design or build changes made to this seating ! Having read the other posts I also doubt that. I would say that those of us who took delivery of the earlier production were the guinea pigs ?

Regards

Philla

Collected two new bulk head and two new base cushons from the dealer yesterday, what a difference now have no slippage, no baggy cushons, now have proper leg support and no plastic strip, when sat on the feel so much firmer and 10 times more comfortable I so am pleased I refused the slip mat and pushed for the later level new cushions I hope the rest of you get yours sorted in the same way. Ancona

• Like 2