Sign in to follow this  
scotta1955

Unicorn 3 Bbq Point

Just looked at the BBQ point and noted that I might need to change my Cadac BBQ hose to fit the connection. After much trying I could not figure out how the connection should be established and could not remove anything from the valve assembly on the van (the one with the red plastic cap). Had a quick look at the owners manual and could not find any useful reference there as well, just wondering if any of you can let me know what needs to be done. Help!!!

We have had two Bailey Caravans and they both had different gas connection points for the BBQ. I would hazard a guess that yours is one of these: http://gasproducts. co. uk/bullfinch-caravan-gas-bbq-hose-connector. html

http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/Images/Gas/Image6. jpg

Does that look right?

Edited by ribs99

Thanks ribs99, I think that both of these images are the same product and associated with Unicorn 2 caravans. Mine looks different to them (sorry I cant find a photograph and my caravans in storage just now). All I can see is an operating valve and a red coloured dust cap that can be detached.

Ok, I've found this, looks like its a Truma valve, cant seen to recollect seeing the male end anywhere when looking through the packs supplied though.

post-40074-0-31285300-1467038059_thumb.jpg

That sounds like what we had on our 2006 Bailey Ranger but I can't see them fitting the older type to a newer caravan. I guess they have changed the BBQ connection point again ???

That looks the same as on our old Ranger. If it is then you need one of these:

http://www. caravanconnection. co. nz/#!product/prd12/1658771935/gas-outlet-nozzle

If it's a new van try looking in your bits & pieces bag (velcro for carpets TV adapters sink plugs etc.) Should be one with the van.

Ok, I've found this, looks like its a Truma valve, cant seen to recollect seeing the male end anywhere when looking through the packs supplied though.

That's the one you need (or should I say the small piece on the left of the picture is the piece). As HCB says, look in the bag of bits & pieces they probably left in the drawer, alternatively I'm nearly certain mine was tied to the BBQ point itself when the van arrived.

The connection part you need is tied to the BBQ gas tap or should be, mine was, also looked at new caravans last week and it was the same on them.

I thought Baileys had a Bullfinch gas connector fitted

They used a Bullfinch connector for the Unicorn 1 & 2 but for some reason with the series 3 they went back to the previous connection as used on the Senator and others.

As others have said there should be one supplied with the caravan somewhere. You have to remove the red rubber dust cap from the barbecue point (just pulls off) before you can fit the connector.

Thanks for all the replies, can't recollect seeing anything on the valve outlet. As I said caravan is in storage just now, might need to buy a male fitting, hopefully you can do that.

On our Madrid 3 the fitting was attached to the red plastic cap just under the valve. It's a straight piece of brass tubing with a groove at one end. Strangely no ridges that would grip in the rubber pipe.

Note, the connector quoted is LPG only. I use Propane, so not sure if my U3 Vigo has a suitable Propane connector or if it can be used with a non-LPG BBQ at all!

Note, the connector quoted is LPG only. I use Propane, so not sure if my U3 Vigo has a suitable Propane connector or if it can be used with a non-LPG BBQ at all!

Confused at that comment. Use mine with Calor & standard regulator. I believe that's what the manufacturers mean by LPG.

Propane and Butane are LPG.

• Like 1

Sorry, as you were - confusing mysel, your right both are LPG.

• Like 1

Update to thread, I found the connector hiding in the manual folder, it's now fitted and working fine.

• Like 2