Sign in to follow this  
mcbrucer

Anyone Added An External Locker Door To Their Van?

Hello all,

Our avante 636 is a bit poverty spec and so there is only really the front locker for external storage access. There is a big space under the bunks but no access other than by lifting the mattress which is becoming tiresome - so I'm thinking about having another locker door put on the outside to give me access to store chairs and things under there.

I just wondered if this a common thing and if there is any BTDT on it. ..

Cheers!

Yes have done that on a Coachman Amara

Any caravan supplier will get you one they come with a template to cut to and the piece you remove is trimmed and fits in the door so you get a perfect match. You have to install a wood frame and screw the new door frame screws to that.

Not a difficult job but if you want it done most caravan workshops will do the job "at a price"

What about a door on the inside to give access to under the bed/seat?

My caravan has that as standard, indeed thought it was a usual feature.

There is a bunk ladder and a heating vent in the way on the inside so it wouldn't really work that way. I've been quoted 210 by my dealer but 110 of that is for the door itself -I've seen them on eBay for less than 50 quid. There are 5 of us and (at least) 5 chairs so it's a lot of faff at the moment. I'm thinking it'll be worth 150 of our hard-earned cash.