Sign in to follow this  
Deepingposhie

Weather Around Millau

If there is anyone staying on a site near to Millau, can you advise on current weather and what is forecast? Fed up with rain since Friday here in Dordogne (apart from a few gaps) and planto move that way. Any ACSI site recommendations in that area?

Thanks in advance.

We are in Marseillan at present, leaving in an hours time, heading home. The sky is clear, but strong winds.

It has been fairy mixed, but mainly sunny.

There are many ACSI sites in the area.

Yours,

Michael Fish. :rolleyes:

Edited by gravon42

We're not there - but use La Chaine Meteo to have a look at the weather, and to be honest it doesn't look good, almost anywhere in France. Our friends in the Aude report very mixed weather still, with lots of rain, and little sunshine but mostly overcast days. The local people say it's the worst weather they've ever known, and liken it to February rather than June! You can also look at 'alerts' on French Weather Warnings which will give you more idea of the extent of the poor weather.

Even down into north eastern Spain (Mediterranean) the weather isn't looking good at the moment, and according to people who are there, sites are filling up because people haven't found good weather in France.

I do hope you find somewhere which is drier and sunnier than where you are now. This does seem to be one of those years where it just isn't possible to avoid bad weather.

Edited by ValA

I used La Deux Rivieres at Millau but despite the reports in the ACSI book/website found it very tight for my T/A van. The site itself was ok and right next to the river adjacent to the bridge into the town. I don't use the facilities on site so can't tell you what they were like but the whole site is under trees. I would say this is a difficult site if you have a large unit. Motor movers are a must.

Le Rivages @ Millau, great site and with ACSI at the moment,

• Like 1

Le Rivages @ Millau, great site and with ACSI at the moment,

One of our favourite sites.

One of our favourite sites.

And ours Pitch E2 or F7, been staying there for years, good restaurant too

Made the decision to leave Beaulieu site and head for Millau tomorrow. Had enough of the rain here although it was dry enough this morning to get the awning down. The sun actually came out as we set off for an afternoon. walk. Then the heavens opened again and we were drenched. Everyone here isconfined to theirvans and motorhomes and the site isn't even showing tonight's Euro matches because of the rain. Pity!

So fingers crossed we can get drier weather. Not bothered about heat. And thanks for the site recommendation at Les Rivages. That is where we intend staying. Forecast there is cloudy apparantly.

Well I am in north wales and it is pouring down

Fine and dry in Arles

We were in the municipal site in Marcon on Monday and WOW did it rain cloud burst stuff. Great fun setting up! We are now at a site near Orange ok yesterday but light rain this morning.

Alan

Left pouring rain and 14 degrees in Dordogne and temp went to 22 and sunny in Millau. Have a nice pitch by river atLes Rivages and no extra charge on normal ACSI rate. Found a bar screening England match tomorrow so I am happy! But it is better weather and France islooking much better!

We are in the Ardeche near Orange and WOW did it rain last night. Rain like I have never seen before it sounded like an express train going through the caravan. Then the thunder and lightning started. There were big gaps between thunder claps as if they were building up for the next big bang. The whole storm lasted from 23. 45 until 3 in the morning. Fortunately the caravan store awning is still up!

Alan

We head for Millau in about a week. Rain yesterday and mixed today but a week sun prior. We are near Le Lavendou . 3 week journey down was mixed including 3 days almost non stop rain in Switzerland. Locals were saying last time similar weather was 20years ago!.I can't remember such a bad year in Europe.

Been in France for a week and now in Beynac. Awful weather and terrible rain last night. Hopefully things start to improve from Saturday. Everywhere saturated.

At Millau now weather changeable a mixture of rain sun with prolonged periods of cloud could be worse. Probably better than some places, no guarantee of any hot spells yet.

Staying at Le Rivages .

Ardeche today very very hot. Just hours after torrential rain!

Alan

Another day of rain yesterday. not much sign of improvement until Sunday. still in Beynac Nr Sarlat.

Rained here at Millau from 8pm last night and continued until 10am this morning. Still overcast and cool. Not good holiday weather!

Sorry mate. Just go down the big hill to the Med. Only 70 miles.

In Grau D'Agde and rained last night till 10 this morning, next week forecast better but windy. Can I have a refund please :)

In Le Barcares and it rained very hard last night, but the sun is now back out and normal service has resumed! Off to the beach for a couple of hours to catch some rays!

At Beynac a slight improvement. The odd very heavy shower then sun but cool. Things can only get better.