Sign in to follow this  
mcbrucer

Need A Bigger 240V Tv For Elddis Avante 2013 Van

Ok its either HD ready, or HD.

It can't be both as one has a HD tuner fitted the other does not, from back when i looked i would guess its only HD ready as most of the sets appear to be under 32".

https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/HD_ready

Ok its either HD ready, or HD.

It can't be both as one has a HD tuner fitted the other does not, from back when i looked i would guess its only HD ready as most of the sets appear to be under 32".

https://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/HD_ready

If it has an HDMI input it is HD ready for other inputs but it is an unusual description not the manufacturers description as no mention of HD ready in the LG web site

I've already said it will give an HD picture from an external source.

But the discription is clearly contradictory, this is shown on milkymarshs link.

"Key product information

• 720p HD Ready - Great picture
  • Freeview HD - 60 free channels including 12 in HD"
Edited by xtrailman
  • Like 1

<p>

I've already said it will give an HD picture from an external source.

But the discription is clearly contradictory, this is shown on milkymarshs link.

"Key product information

• 720p HD Ready - Great picture
  • Freeview HD - 60 free channels including 12 in HD"
Try the actual LG website and click on the spec

http://www. lg. com/uk/tvs/lg-28LF491U

Didn't realise this would be so controversial! Anyway, the tv works for us. ...

Edited by milkymarsh
  • Like 1

I use a Samsung 24" Smart tv and it has 1080 resolution. It has freeview but not a satellite tuner as I have a Sky+HD box that I carry on board. I can link it to the web via my WiFi booster, MiFi or phone to watch Netflix (Europe included from next year) and I carry a DVD player. The picture is superb and just the right size for a caravan. It isn't 12v though. I had used a Cello previously but found the viewing angle to be very poor. We would have to sit on the same side of the van to see the image correctly, otherwise it ghosted in black.

We recently bought the Avtex 24in as we needed a new 12v tv for our caravan. Yes expensive compared to home tvs but I searched online and found one for £424. 95 from Capital Outdoors. As we go away a lot with our small club on rallies and only use sites with electric hook up early and late in the year needed a 12v. Not tried it with our satalite dish yet but a friend who has the Avtex 18in says he picks up the free channels on Sky no problem without a box.

Well, thought I’d circle back and close the loop on this one. We decided that we’d get a regular 32” 240 telly that could sit in the kitchen at home most of the time and then go out with us for longer trips in the van. We picked up a nice (and cheap) 32” JVC number from the local Currys and save me having to fit a visa adaptor plate to the mount in the van, its been no bother. It weighs virtually nothing and it’s great having a decent sized telly that you can actually read the EPG on!

Edited by mcbrucer

Well, thought I’d circle back and close the loop on this one. We decided that we’d get a regular 32” 240 telly that could sit in the kitchen at home most of the time and then go out with us for longer trips in the van. We picked up a nice (and cheap) 32” JVC number from the local Currys and save me having to fit a visa adaptor plate to the mount in the van, its been no bother. It weighs virtually nothing and it’s great having a decent sized telly that you can actually read the EPG on!

Good choice, I'm watching our 32" TV in our sunroom as I type, yesterday I was watching it near Horncastle in our caravan on site.

As you say they weigh very little.

Golden Castle caravans in Gloucester have a special on at the moment. Avtex 32" for £399 less 10% if you buy before end of July.

Hello all,

Our van came with a 16" avtex tv on a mount which works well but it just too small to see, particularly the EPG or any of the menus. I've also found that I carry around a sky box in case we have to use the dish and so I'd like to kill 2 birds and get a larger tv that also has a satellite receiver built into it. I'm aware that avtex do these but I cannot justify that level of spend. I don't think we've ever camped without a hookup and so I'm not worried about 12v - 240v will do fine for us.

So, can anyone recommend a decent 24" (or thereabouts - think 32 would be too large?) tv that has both freeview and satellite and would be light enough to go on the mount in our van? I have an old 24" LCD telly at home but its huge and weighs a tonne - so thats out.

Cheers!

so you want freesat and sky. If you want sky you would have to use your sky box (and dish ) or are you thinking of doing without the sky. I don't see the point of paying out for a freesat TV if you are using your sky box. We have a samsung TV in the 'van and a humax box (& dish.) We did buy a TV with freesat & freeview in but the sound was very tinny so we took it back, you get what you pay for, as they say.

• Like 1