Sweden In September .... Any-One Been?

Hi all . ....

We're just talking about our September holiday . ....

And, maybe for a change, instead of heading south we were thinking of heading north to Sweden. My concern is "What is the weather like then and the temperature . ....."

We like France because we can top up Vit D before winter sets in . ....

Any-one been in September . ...???

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

I went in September for 2 weeks and it was absolutely wonderful. Friendly people, lovely warm shirtsleeve weather and iirc rather expensive.

It was strange seeing hundreds of roadsigns covered up with sacking but it was just shortly before they swapped sides of the road in 1966. ....

Sorry, but it really was lovely and I'd go again in a flash but have never quite made it. ..

Ford Mondeo Estate Titaniuim TDCi mk4 (16v 140 BHP) (2008)

Towing Elddis Odyssey 544 (2008) Truma mover S towing at 98%

My web site caravanlife. updated 28/5/2017

The weather is far more settled than here; warm Summers, snowy Winters. My brother in law and family are near Stockholm so we've been several times; on our last trip (February) I thought prices seemed less severe than other trips.

BMW M135i - definitely not a tow carSubaru Outback 2. 5SE manual - a potential tow car, 2016 VW California 204 4motion could be a tow van

Pete, haven't been there in september, but I have just returned from there, not caravanning I might add.

We have been in the Gothenburg area a few times, april, May and august, april was bright but cold, may,last week, was very warm and august was very hot.

Interestingly last week we drove our daughters car back home from Ljungeskile, around 40 miles north of Gothenburg.

Stena overnight ferry to Kiel in northern Germany, drive to Calais and home.

Another time I think we'll do the Gothenburg to Kiel ferry and Rotterdam to Hull ferry, the Gothenburg Kiel crossing was easy access in Goth and nice overnight cruise and cuts out a lot of driving, likewise perhaps Hull crossing.

Yes it is expensive, but charmingly old fashioned in lots of places, people readily speak English, daughter likes it so much, she has decided to stay, oh, and buy a lefthand drive car!

Thanks . ... so far . .... but I do need to know how hot it can be in September . ...??

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Google 'weather in (insert place) for (insert month)' and be as amazed as I was when I gave it a whizz.

I thought my chum was taking the P but it really is extremely interesting how much gen is just waiting to be read. ...