Sign in to follow this  
Percytours

Which Awning?

I need to buy an awning for the freedom, preferably second hand, 10ft 2 length, 8 ft 2 height, do i need to buy the standard freedom one or can you buy other makes at this size?

Sorry is its a stupid question or has been done to death - i'm really unsure about awnings.

I also need the kids to be able to sleep in it by the way.

Any advice on makes / awnings generally appreciated!

Off the top of my head Isobella or dorema, they are good makes

Edited by Lozzyf
  • Like 1

great thanks!

To find out what size awning will fit; Take a piece of twine or similar and thread it through the awning rail on the 'van. Without stretching it, pin one end of the twine to the ground beneath one end of the rail. Cut or put a knot in the other end said twine where it meets the ground at the other end of the rail. Measure the length of the twine (ground to ground). This measurement, expressed in centimetres, is the size of awning you require. Assuming that the awning attachment rail on the 'van is of the standard type, any awning of the correct size should do the job. Without knowing the size of awning, I can't look to see if any manufacturers produce an awning of the right size but I see that Doreema make their Daytona awning down to 725 cm.

http://www. dorema. co. uk/de/awnings/daytona. htm

• Like 1

The only one that will fit is the one from Freedom of Stafford they have them altered to suit, the reason being that the straight section of the awning rail is very short and any other awning will just be to big and saggy at one end.

I bit the bullet and got one, very expensive but it is very good quality and will last for years and hold its value, I did try a Kampa porch awning but it was a waste of time and money.

I also got the extention to fit so all in all it cost more than I paid for the van but is well worth the expense and I think you will waste money buying any other awning unless you have it altered but why bother just save your pennies and get the proper fitting one, you won't regret it if you intend to keep the van.

• Like 1

IMG_0066.jpg

I'll get better at erecting it one day and get the wrinkles out Honest :rolleyes:

Edited by Davidmoppet
  • Like 1

The only one that will fit is the one from Freedom of Stafford they have them altered to suit, the reason being that the straight section of the awning rail is very short and any other awning will just be to big and saggy at one end.

I bit the bullet and got one, very expensive but it is very good quality and will last for years and hold its value, I did try a Kampa porch awning but it was a waste of time and money.

I also got the extention to fit so all in all it cost more than I paid for the van but is well worth the expense and I think you will waste money buying any other awning unless you have it altered but why bother just save your pennies and get the proper fitting one, you won't regret it if you intend to keep the van.

:goodpost:

IMG_0066.jpg

I'll get better at erecting it one day and get the wrinkles out Honest :rolleyes:

When you have mastered it give me a call :D, nice site by the way, wherever it is

Great thanks. I've been looking for a used freedom one with no luck!