Sign in to follow this  
Rosie7733

A539 In North Wales

I have seen some pot holes in roads but this is the worse I have come across. Traveled from Whitchurch to the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct along the A539 and A528 and found it to be absolutely horrendous! Pot holes everywhere - some 2 or 3 ins deep or more. We have traveled hundreds of miles in the Uk and found this to be the worse ever rod bearing in mind it is an A road I would even go so far as to say that as a motorcyclist this road is a death-trap, especially if riding at night.

People who allowed it to get in this condition should be sacked or worse. (Trying to find the correct department to make an official complaint as it was so bad)

I have seen some pot holes in roads but this is the worse I have come across. Traveled from Whitchurch to the Pontcysyllte Aqueduct along the A539 and A528 and found it to be absolutely horrendous! Pot holes everywhere - some 2 or 3 ins deep or more. We have traveled hundreds of miles in the Uk and found this to be the worse ever rod bearing in mind it is an A road I would even go so far as to say that as a motorcyclist this road is a death-trap, especially if riding at night.

People who allowed it to get in this condition should be sacked or worse. (Trying to find the correct department to make an official complaint as it was so bad)

Hi Rosie. There are sites on the Internet such as 'Fill that hole' and others of a similar type that allow for images to be uploaded and then they are sent out directly to the appropriate County Council.

The various sites that handle the images ask for details of the road name/location and then the County Council concerned has a time limit set to rectify the issue.

This is one such site :- Fillthathole. org. uk

Three years ago and just after taking occupancy in Bescar,Lancashire I went out on my bike into the lanes and took 59 images of serious potholes - some had already been identified (several weeks before by a 'Jobs-worth' with a can of yellow spray-paint). The holes that I reported - with images were all dealt with within a few weeks including a mini-island that was being chewed-up by bus and small lorry tyres.

Edited by AWanderingLancastrian

Today Cumbria CC filled 3 holes in our estate road. Took about 20 mins and I suspect that they did it from the Council monitoring pothole websites.

If they know about it, they are liable. If they don't know about it and no-one has told them, they are in no way liable.

So report all potholes!

Well, you can only blame the Circus Act that is based in the so called Senydd in Cardiff Bay, that is the Welsh Assembly

the roads in Wales are a damned site better maintained than the roads in the west of Scotland, the B roads in the north of Wales are better than our A roads!