What Is A Good Polish?????

Hi There

Anybody help me out here? Im trying to find a decent polish that I can use on my car and caravan, ideally it would be easy to apply and last a bit longer than normal triplewax etc.

I have heard about various two stage treatments that you can buy but want to know if anybody has used anything that they are really impressed with??

Just trying to avoid polishing everything 4 times a year just to keep it looking decent!! :( [/font]

Hi,

I use Fenwicks cleaner and Bobby Dazzler on the van. The only part that I polish is the front panel. I use Meguiars Mirrorglaze which is in fact a release wax used on GRP moulds. It certainly makes insect removal easy. The car came with a Platinum protection pack so just gets washed with an additive in the water. Some of these protection plans are used by airlines. Here's a link to one of the protection products. :)

http://www. paintprotection. co. uk/index-2. html

Frank

Ive just used Autoglym on my caravan, It was filthy when I bought it a couple of weeks ago but now Ive washed it and used Autoglym on it, it looks like new. Ive used it on my car for years and been impressed with it. Having said that though, Ive never tried Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler, I might try that in future as well, even if its just because of the great name!.

Hi there

Cheers for the responses but i'm even more confused than at the start.

I too use the Fenwicks wash and the Bobby Dazzler but have found that it doesn't remove the black lines all that well and when they return they are hard to remove again!! As for the Bobby Dazzler, it seems to leave a lot of water marks that take a lot of buffing off.

On my last van I used the Mer polish and that gave a lovely finish to the van, especially the plastic windows, Again however this didnt seem to last very long and a total reapplication was needed to keep the finish. Im not old and frail but polishing the van takes an age and I hate it looking scruffy!!

I had heard about a treatment that could be applied that was apparently like a Teflon coating and meant that you can just wash the van with water and nothing sticks to it!! This coating apparently has a 5 year guarantee but I dont know what it is called or were it can be purchased.

Alternatively I need to pay the local boy scouts to clean it for me!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Check out the Autoglym site, it has a whole section on caravan products, including an Extra Shine polish, which I use, and find it really does last, as they say, use it on the car and van, and just a wash down and they are gleaming again.

http://www. autoglym. co. uk/frame2. html

I too use the Fenwicks wash and the Bobby Dazzler but have found that it doesn't remove the black lines all that well and when they return they are hard to remove again!! As for the Bobby Dazzler, it seems to leave a lot of water marks that take a lot of buffing off.

On my last van I used the Mer polish and that gave a lovely finish to the van, especially the plastic windows, Again however this didnt seem to last very long and a total reapplication was needed to keep the finish. Im not old and frail but polishing the van takes an age and I hate it looking scruffy!!

I had heard about a treatment that could be applied that was apparently like a Teflon coating and meant that you can just wash the van with water and nothing sticks to it!! This coating apparently has a 5 year guarantee but I dont know what it is called or were it can be purchased.

7134[/snapback]

I did post a link to what I thought you were looking for,there are several out there,try a Google search. My Passat has the Platinum system,that has a 5year warranty. :blink:

To remove the black stains try Silky cream,it's non abrasive, cheap and it works.

After using Bobby Dazzler I alway dry the van with Microfibre cloths for smearfree finish. :)

I stopped using Mer years ago I don't like polishes that dry and dust. The Meguiars range of car care products is widely used in the USA and they are good,but no polish is going to last more than a few months. :)

Frank

Hi There

Anybody help me out here? Im trying to find a decent polish that I can use on my car and caravan, ideally it would be easy to apply and last a bit longer than normal triplewax etc.

I have heard about various two stage treatments that you can buy but want to know if anybody has used anything that they are really impressed with??

Just trying to avoid polishing everything 4 times a year just to keep it looking decent!! :( [/font]

6976[/snapback]

Hi

Have a look at these webb links, some claim 5 years between polishes.

Polish 5 year Ultra Glaze www. netparts. co. uk

Paint guard not DIY http://www. paintsealdirect. com/caravan. html

Paint protection http://www. paintprotection. co. uk/index-2. html

Polish 5 year 5Starshine www. 5starshine. com

Regards

Dave

I personally use MER and to be honest I wouldn't use anything else now as nothing comes near to it for quality on the car and caravan, it even removes the black water marks which stay on for ages and the green algy from the trees.

i 2 am with discotd5 and rogern on this 1 i have used mer for years and find it brill

bill

Hi I work for a Vw Garage in Northern Ireland and in our Prep Shop we use Autoglim Life Shine. Its a Paint sealant and cures onto the bodywork. Its very easy to put on and lasts for years (well thats what they tell me)My company car has been treated with it and each week all i do is run it thro the car wash and its like new again. I have given the Caravan the Life shine treatment and so far it seems to be keeping its shine quite well.

Bob :):)

If Autoglym is good enough for R. R. mercedes. jaguar,aston martin it`s good enough for me,Mer is good,but autoglym is better

Alan

I personally use MER and to be honest I wouldn't use anything else now as nothing comes near to it for quality on the car and caravan, it even removes the black water marks which stay on for ages and the green algy from the trees.

7385[/snapback]

Another vote for Mer here as well. But a good trick to save alot of elbow grease is to put a cap full or 2 into the bucket of water. If you read the instructions it says it can be used on wet or dry cars. I have always used it in the water and the car and caravan look fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...