Absolutely Gutted!

I think it's absolutely OK for someone with a similar issue, to mention what drug or regime has helped them.

Good on yer Dr Blossom. ;)

That doesn't mean to say that it will help them, to suggest a drug when you haven't a clue about someone's health history is utter madness. I'm glad you are not my doctor. Nothing more to say to these people purporting to be know-it-alls and pretend to be qualified GP's offering advice. Best left to qualified medical staff not to caravanners.

I am so sorry to see you are in such pain and loosing your holiday. I know you usually go early like us but this year we are trying a second holiday in late August/ September as so many people say it is quiet then too. You would need to check that the campsites you planned to use are still open but it must be worth a try. Go for it!

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Would think RP will need a doctor's certificate if you claim on insurance .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

to suggest a drug when you haven't a clue about someone's health history is utter madness. I'm glad you are not my doctor. Nothing more to say to these people purporting to be know-it-alls and pretend to be qualified GP's offering advice. Best left to qualified medical staff not to caravanners.

I think you are being unfair here Bristles. Mayblossom wasn't suggesting that Gravon should take diazepam. She was suggesting that he talk to his doctor about whether it would help him. What's wrong with that? The drug might help. When my wife was in hospital having a new hip she was put on diazepam for a few days to combat muscle spasms.

• Like 2

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Thank you :) I was just trying to be helpful xx

Most of us know that. . . We'll all need diazepam if this carries on xxxxxxxx

• Like 2

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

Thank you Lozzy :) haha totally agree about the diazepam ! I have it for Labyrinthitis, IBS, bad backs, and the odd panic attack when I"ve been on here :lol::lol::lol:

Just try tramadol and a bottle of wine!

Works wonders!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Just try tramadol and a bottle of wine!

Works wonders!

Hehe! My hubby was on Tramadol after his heart bypass and had the weirdest dreams . ...he wouldn't tell me what they were so probably naughty ones ;) perhaps he should have had the wine too ;)

Hehe! My hubby was on Tramadol after his heart bypass and had the weirdest dreams . ...he wouldn't tell me what they were so probably naughty ones ;) perhaps he should have had the wine too ;)

Perfect answer!

• Like 1

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Sorry to hear of your issue, I have suffered with it and it can be very unpleasant, May blossom anyone with common sense can see you were suggesting discussing it with the doctor and trying to help. Sometimes people read too much into things.

Volvo XC90 D5 AWD, Lunar Ultima 615,Towing at 62%

You have a second chance at life it's called tomorrow!

Thank you Harvomark, I was getting so frustrated as I just couldn't get through to Bristly ! Perhaps he was having a bad day ;) hopefully he'll realise he had the wrong end of the stick ;)

Thank you :) I was just trying to be helpful xx

Please know that all except one contributor to this thread read your post as helpful and considered advice. I'm not going to get into pedants but suffice it to say that at no time did you do more than make a suggestion and qualified that with reference to seeking medical opinion. :unsure:

If I ever post here in distress please don't hesitate to advise me. :rolleyes:

It goes without saying that everyone hopes things turn out well and the sciatica will be successfully treated.

• Like 3

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

Thank you John :) hoping you're never in distress but I'll offer my help if it's needed ;)

• Like 2

Really hope you're feeling better G and sorry for hijacking your post, let us know how you're doing and hoping you get your well deserved holiday very soon :) xx

• Like 1

I agree with the majority of the above posts - including the suggestion from MayBlossom to check with your GP as to whether a particular treatment may be helpful - and hope you're feeling better Gravon! If you don't manage to pass on your ticket then I would ring DFDS - they have been very helpful with us in the past, and I have heard that other people have managed to 'transfer' a booking into the following year, so always worth the conversation!

I feel for you. Wife has spent a fortune at the osteopath over the past few weeks, only to be told that she now has to take up Pilates. Then to add to that, told that in years to come, likely she will have to give up her job

As said before, qoute, " it's no good saying try this or that" and in the next breath you say, quote, " Worth a try if you can get your doctor to prescribe them" you are deliberately suggesting that he take this drug if his doctor will prescribe it when YOU know nothing about his medical health. This issue is between the person concerned and his doctor and NOT a caravanner making wild suggestions because that is exactly what it was, remember what you said, quote, "worth a try"

Yawn. ..... :rolleyes:

• Like 4

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

As said before, qoute, " it's no good saying try this or that" and in the next breath you say, quote, " Worth a try if you can get your doctor to prescribe them" you are deliberately suggesting that he take this drug if his doctor will prescribe it when YOU know nothing about his medical health. This issue is between the person concerned and his doctor and NOT a caravanner making wild suggestions because that is exactly what it was, remember what you said, quote, "worth a try"

It was a friendly comment made by mayblossom. It wasn't meant to be an instruction. We're a friendly bunch here, it was said friend to friend not to be taken to " analysis paralysis ". . . .

• Like 4

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

― Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

tags: inspirational, optimism, perception, pessimism

I'm sure that when he mentions it to his doctor he'll have all his notes and the doctor will be able to tell him one way or the other, as said its worth a try

• Like 4

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Definitely yawn yawn Shirl hehe xx His Bristles are back up again, he sure doesn't like to let it lie ;)

• Like 1

Definitely yawn yawn Shirl hehe xx His Bristles are back up again, he sure doesn't like to let it lie ;)

I can't understand why Bristles keeps coming back with his comments . Everybody else including the OP understands that your advice was to see his/her doctor about whether the treatment you had would help him/her. Surely his doctor will make a decision based on his medical notes and not be bullied by the OP into giving him inapropriate medicines. Or does he think the OP is going to buy diazapam on the black market and self medicate. I too have back problems of which sciatica is one thing. I was also prescribed diazapan at 1 stage after the doctor explained that in small doses it acts as a muscle relaxant to relieve the strain .

• Like 5