Sign in to follow this  
chrisheg

Ferry From Poole

Planning to travel to Cherbourg from Poole in August. Ferry leaves at 8. 30am. Looking for information about overnighting at the port prior to departure from Poole or nearby cheap sites that would be happy with an early morning departure?

We have overnighted at Poole, all you need to do is park to one side of the car park. When ever we have parked we have got there at 8. 30 the day before so we can see our grandchildren. There is a charge £3. 00 but have not been asked for it.

You can o/night in the check in area, there is supposed to be a charge but nobody has ever collected it when I've done it.

knarf

You can o/night in the check in area, there is supposed to be a charge but nobody has ever collected it when I've done it.

knarf

Thought it was only me that had stayed for free!

geoff

• Like 1

We stayed and happily paid. We spent two nights there due to going to Guernsey on foot. On the first morning there was a sticker on the windscreen to take to the shop and pay. This morning there was no sticker, but an excellent facility as this with toilets, showers, CDP and fresh water is well worthy of a fiver. Handed over another fiver quite happily.

I've blogged it here including directions etc and photo's.

There were about ten motorhomes there each night.

Russ