Blasted Stickers On Windows

On our 16 Lunar clubman the long roof light makes a very light interior.

But stuck on was a massive paper sticker with basic instructions on how to open window.

After my wife boiled an egg on a daily basis on hob just below,the sticker bubbled,crinkled and then partly sagged.

Clever me tried to remove with water and sponge,paper came off but not glue.

Managed to remove glue with sponge and white spirit,but the rubbing has grased the plastic and now it looks ***** awfull!!

Any ideas?

Either polish out the scratches using one of the products recommended for scratch removal on Polyplastic, or put another sticker over the damage ;)

Gordon.

Most stickers peel off easily if warmed with a hair dryer for 30 secs or so.

If the label has come off and left glue residue use lighter fuel to get it off. White spirit/turps or meths does not work.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Fenwicks do a product for this called "Windowize" never tried it so can't comment on how good it is but I like Fenwicks cleaning products for Caravans and Bikes.

Education is important but beer is more importanter.

I know it's too late, but I would agree with Woodentop and use a hairdryer very gently, there is a product I used a few years ago bought from 3M's online that did the trick, about £10 per bottle

Les

I'm using Windowize. ..................so so results. :unsure:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Meguires 'Scratch X' from halfords or any 1/2 decent car accessory shop will polish out the scratch easily

(it's what it was invented for)

Edited by Bryn58

To all the insomniacs, look on the bright side there are only three sleeps until Christmas

I'm using Windowize. ..................so so results. :unsure:

Widowize is Calcium carbonate . I think I might experiment with a damp cloth and talc powder on a small area of window . :)

Meguires 'Scratch X' is for glass and contains petroleum and will damage acrylic windows . :(

http://www. meguiars. co. uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/27-6195-5_UK. pdf

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Thank for the replies.

These stickers on the roof lights are horrible. From previous experience of reading this forum over a year ago, I insisted that the dealer remove the sticker. Have to say I don't know what he used but it certainly did the trick.

Ask your dealer what to use or see if he will give you some!

• Like 1

I am sure that there is another thread regarding the stickers causing damage if removed. Cannot recall if it was on this forum or not.

A bit of searching and found this

Edited by DeltaTIowner

We've just used Dry wash on a sticky patch where a sticker had been and it came straight off, product doesn't scratch, tried cleaner for acrylic windows but wouldn't touch it!

We've just used Dry wash on a sticky patch where a sticker had been and it came straight off, product doesn't scratch, tried cleaner for acrylic windows but wouldn't touch it!

Twice we did it! Hehe, not sure why that happened ??

I find some of the recommended products a bit confusing ?

Reports say if you use petroleum products on acrylic it will cause the surface to harden and cause crazing in the material . T cut and Brasso contain petroleum in their safety data sheets so how can it be recommended ?

Is this correct ?

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

It depends on what you want to believe, I have used Brasso and my windows are fine but that is not to say what I have done is right, it was just my choice. If my windows do go hard and I get crazing, then it nobody's fault but my own.