Sign in to follow this  
madmax

Awning Pads Fouling Awning Light

We have bought a Ventura Cadet Porch, and the awning light strip is in the way of the fixing pad. If

we move the awning further up the caravan id is over part of the window. Does anyone know how we can solve this problem please

I fear that the only satisfactory answer is a different awning!

• Like 1

I would agree with Stevan. I have the same awning,and it does cover the window unfortunately.

I have never worried about a porch awning covering a window as the van has so many windows that I never want to open them all.

I was concerned about it marking the window and there would be a gap down the side as we could not get the pole against the caravan. My husband wants to put a different fixing on the caravan one of the old type that screws on but I am not keen.

Our Isabella Awning pads can be moved and slid to another area that would not be fouling the light

I was concerned that the awning would rub on the window and mark it. My husband wats to drill into the caravan to put one of the old type fixings on, but I am not keen on that idea.

I was concerned about it marking the window and there would be a gap down the side as we could not get the pole against the caravan. My husband wants to put a different fixing on the caravan one of the old type that screws on but I am not keen.

The screw in fittings are fine, but.

1. They destroy any remaining water ingress warranty.

2. They leak unless fitted properly.

Fine on an older van if you know what you are doing, a definite no no on a new van.

o theWe can move them slightly but it cannot be at too much of an angle because it has to go into the fitting protruding from the frame on the front.

The van is a 2009 but I still do not want it done

Our advice is never to drill into a caravan side. But if your husband is hell bent on doing that, then who are we to argue with him :)

I think we are just going to have to put up with the awning being partially over the window as buying another one is not an option. Thanks for all the helpful replies.

My porch part covers my rear window slightly. Never marked it.

I would much rather a mark on a window that can be polished out over drilling the side.

As said above can it looks unpleasant but is a fact of many a porch awning I'm affraid and there are loads of other Windows that can be opened.

My awning has always gone halfway along the side window. No marks on the window, not a problem.

Obviously I can't open that window, but there are plenty of others.

• Like 1

Hi

You hear lots of comments regarding porches scratching windows, I suppose they can but in my time involved with awnings I have never had one instance of it happening, just take care when putting awning up, make sure no grit or foreign objects between pad and window that could rub and scratch, secure the foot on the leg so it does not move and importantly fit some Isabella safe locks into the channel so as the beading cannot move up and down the track, there are other makes but as normal the Isabella ones fit the best

Steve