Sign in to follow this  
cuji k

Remis Remitop 2 Roof Light

Hello forum, it's been a while but I'm obviously in need of some help, im trying to find a new inner unit for my remis roof system, the dual blind system is fine except that the plastic runners that guide them have disentegrated, I would assume due to it being a 2005 van and the years of heat and light wear to the plastics, after much searching I seam to be struggling to find the inner unit for sale, I have seen a complete unit but at around £700 I'm trying to avoid this as my dome only really needs some new seals, does anyone know of a supplier for the remitop 2 600 x 900 inner housing? I have attached a photo of the part I'm looking for, thankyou. post-824-0-19561400-1459451891_thumb.jpeg

Leisureshopdirect are advertising spares and repairs for your your type of rooflight. Google them,

you may be lucky! :)

Thank you both, I have seen the vario but not really sure how I'd find out if it would fit, my van has a wooden surround that fits closely to the original roof light. I did look at the leisure shop direct site but they show no spares or stock for my roof light unfortunately. It appears there are no stockists of an obvious replacement!

If you can't get a replacement and its only got problems with the runners, maybe you could replace them with Stainless steel u-channel?

http://www. wholesaleglasscompany. co. uk/acatalog/Stainless-Steel-U-Channel-for-10mm-Glass. html

If you can't get a replacement and its only got problems with the runners, maybe you could replace them with Stainless steel u-channel?

http://www. wholesaleglasscompany. co. uk/acatalog/Stainless-Steel-U-Channel-for-10mm-Glass. html

Hi flashgordon, it's not the external runners but the plastic runners for the blinds on the internal part which is one mounded unit.

Is there any way you can repair/make/codge up, an acceptable repair? After all, you are a Caravanner, one

of that rare breed of do -it-yourselfers, where "if you can't buy it, make it" :D:D

Hi flashgordon, it's not the external runners but the plastic runners for the blinds on the internal part which is one mounded unit.

Can you not use the SS channel instead of the broken plastic channel?

Hi

Did you get a solution to your question as I have the same problem.

As Gravon42 suggested, you may be able to repair this yourself.

I have just completed such a repair and can provide a few notes that may help you do likewise.

Here is a link to my blog

Prof